By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
think-man said:

No not just that I've got a feeling it's going to flop, I'm a daily koei warriors website user. Hype seems low on this title there aside from a few die hard Zelda fans.

But you were basing this off of COMG :0

I dont think it'll flop at all, just to be sure, wat'll take for this game to flop? (how much would it be for it to flop in sales?)

Less than 150k FW and 300LTD in japan and Id consider it a flop

Around the Network
think-man said:
tbone51 said:
think-man said:

No not just that I've got a feeling it's going to flop, I'm a daily koei warriors website user. Hype seems low on this title there aside from a few die hard Zelda fans.

But you were basing this off of COMG :0

I dont think it'll flop at all, just to be sure, wat'll take for this game to flop? (how much would it be for it to flop in sales?)

Really O.o      Damn dont you think thats kinda high expectations bro? You expect Hyrule Warriors to do at least 50% more than Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3? Only 2 wiiu games have done over 150k!

Need to rethink that lol :P

More reasonable imo. FW less than 40k, LTD less than 120k. My expectations of this game are for FW: 55k minimum and 120k maximum!

Edit: Before you compare it to all DW games, remember this is still a new franchise (despite it being Zelda) and its on WiiU

tbone51 said:
think-man said:

Really O.o      Damn dont you think thats kinda high expectations bro? You expect Hyrule Warriors to do at least 50% more than Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3? Only 2 wiiu games have done over 150k!

Need to rethink that lol :P

More reasonable imo. FW less than 40k, LTD less than 120k. My expectations of this game are for FW: 55k minimum and 120k maximum!

Edit: Before you compare it to all DW games, remember this is still a new franchise (despite it being Zelda) and its on WiiU

That's on the low side for me, One piece was a new Warriors IP and managed 660k FW and 850K LTD in Japan, Dynasty Warriors Gundum was a new IP and did 170k FW and 300k LTD in Japan, Fist of the North star was a new IP and managed 370k FW and 550k LTD in Japan even warriors of Troy an unpopular title made from a western studio managed 32K FW 70k LTD in Japan. 

40k FW is a downright flop in my eyes. Has to be at least 150k FW which is still on the low side when even Dynasty Warriors spin off like Empires or Xtreme Legends can pull close to those numbers.

think-man said:
tbone51 said:

That's on the low side for me, One piece was a new Warriors IP and managed 660k FW and 850K LTD in Japan, Dynasty Warriors Gundum was a new IP and did 170k FW and 300k LTD in Japan, Fist of the North star was a new IP and managed 370k FW and 550k LTD in Japan even warriors of Troy an unpopular title made from a western studio managed 32K FW 70k LTD in Japan. 

40k FW is a downright flop in my eyes. Has to be at least 150k FW which is still on the low side when even Dynasty Warriors spin off like Empires or Xtreme Legends can pull close to those numbers.

2 things.

1. One Piece as i follow it (favorite Manga), isnt a fair comparison. One Piece at that time destroyed all others in Manga Sales. Its unbelievably popular over there. One year it sold over 30mil copies, in the same year 2nd-9th added all together couldn't top it in sales

2. I get what you mean about the DW franchise, and in normal circumstance i would agree, but your not looking at the entire picture. SM3DW in Nov managed to sell 99k FW..... 99k for a MARIO PLATFORMER!!!!!!!! Expecting Hyrule Warriors to do 1.5x that at LEAST is crazy o.O

but i cant change your mind, i hope it does well. I kno on amazon it has about the same number of pre orders as that big vita game coming up in july currently!

Hey Boutros! Thanks for the update, and nice jump by YW2 and Super Smash!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

2 things.

1. One Piece as i follow it (favorite Manga), isnt a fair comparison. One Piece at that time destroyed all others in Manga Sales. Its unbelievably popular over there. One year it sold over 30mil copies, in the same year 2nd-9th added all together couldn't top it in sales

2. I get what you mean about the DW franchise, and in normal circumstance i would agree, but your not looking at the entire picture. SM3DW in Nov managed to sell 99k FW..... 99k for a MARIO PLATFORMER!!!!!!!! Expecting Hyrule Warriors to do 1.5x that at LEAST is crazy o.O

but i cant change your mind, i hope it does well. I kno on amazon it has about the same number of pre orders as that big vita game coming up in july currently!

it's not crazy tho think a more front loaded title will do better.

tbone51 said:
think-man said:

2 things.

I dunno, I follow warriors games pretty closely over the last 10 or so years and these kinds of games tend to sell high FW then slowly die. They have a very dedicated fanbase. 

Found on gaf

first day selthrough

freedom wars 70-80%
taiko 30%
kamen rider wiiu 30% ps3 50%
watch dogs ps4 50-60% ps3 40%
girls and panzer bad%??

Seems as though FW will be doing well digitally! 160k-180k FW!?

Was hoping for a Wii U game today and I got one...just not the one I was expecting. Also, glad to see Tales (3DS) there ^.^ Now we just sit back and watch Yokai Watch (and Smash 3DS) destroy everything for a few weeks before anything else happens

tbone51 said:
Found on gaf

first day selthrough

freedom wars 70-80%
taiko 30%
kamen rider wiiu 30% ps3 50%
watch dogs ps4 50-60% ps3 40%
girls and panzer bad%??

Seems as though FW will be doing well digitally! 160k-180k FW!?

WOW! Those are great numbers for FW first day, now let's hope SONy shipped at least 200k a first Week Sold Out would be awesome... But they are hoping for 1million worldwirde... so the hope for more than 400k in Japan only, they should shave shipped arround 300k? now i'm exaggerating a bit XD Anyway, good news...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread