By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
Found on gaf

first day selthrough

freedom wars 70-80%
taiko 30%
kamen rider wiiu 30% ps3 50%
watch dogs ps4 50-60% ps3 40%
girls and panzer bad%??

Seems as though FW will be doing well digitally! 160k-180k FW!?

Good start for Freedom Wars. Should do at least 150k FW. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
think-man said:
tbone51 said:

That's on the low side for me, One piece was a new Warriors IP and managed 660k FW and 850K LTD in Japan, Dynasty Warriors Gundum was a new IP and did 170k FW and 300k LTD in Japan, Fist of the North star was a new IP and managed 370k FW and 550k LTD in Japan even warriors of Troy an unpopular title made from a western studio managed 32K FW 70k LTD in Japan. 

40k FW is a downright flop in my eyes. Has to be at least 150k FW which is still on the low side when even Dynasty Warriors spin off like Empires or Xtreme Legends can pull close to those numbers.

2 things.

1. One Piece as i follow it (favorite Manga), isnt a fair comparison. One Piece at that time destroyed all others in Manga Sales. Its unbelievably popular over there. One year it sold over 30mil copies, in the same year 2nd-9th added all together couldn't top it in sales

2. I get what you mean about the DW franchise, and in normal circumstance i would agree, but your not looking at the entire picture. SM3DW in Nov managed to sell 99k FW..... 99k for a MARIO PLATFORMER!!!!!!!! Expecting Hyrule Warriors to do 1.5x that at LEAST is crazy o.O

but i cant change your mind, i hope it does well. I kno on amazon it has about the same number of pre orders as that big vita game coming up in july currently!

Just as you don't compare One Piece to Zelda, you don't compare FWs of completely different titles. Musou games do the majority of its sales in the FW. A 150k FW, means that 300k LTD is the top point.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
think-man said:
tbone51 said:

Just as you don't compare One Piece to Zelda, you don't compare FWs of completely different titles. Musou games do the majority of its sales in the FW. A 150k FW, means that 300k LTD is the top point.

Yea, but are people really going to expect 1.5x FW sales of SM3DW? I mean we have to look up all the facts as well.

Also, though i believe it'll have decent legs, just cuz 90-95% of DW are front loaded doesn't mean Hyrule Warriors will be too. I just think this game shouldnt be compared for several reasons to others. Oh well! :0

Oreshika is going to flop badly.

Boutros said:

Welcome back Boutros! A good thing you survived mummies(the creepiest) :D

NO Bayonetta2!?? WTH!

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Yea, but are people really going to expect 1.5x FW sales of SM3DW? I mean we have to look up all the facts as well.

Also, though i believe it'll have decent legs, just cuz 90-95% of DW are front loaded doesn't mean Hyrule Warriors will be too. I just think this game shouldnt be compared for several reasons to others. Oh well! :0

3D Mario isn't that big of a series. No reason to use that as a standard. I don't think of any 3D Marios that got higher FWs than Musou games. And if all Musou games are front loaded and this appeals to Musou fans and hardcore Zelda fans, there's no logical reason to believe it'll be any different. It'll be interesting, because it's unique, but your initial expectation is just embrassingly low.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

3D Mario isn't that big of a series. No reason to use that as a standard. I don't think of any 3D Marios that got higher FWs than Musou games. And if all Musou games are front loaded and this appeals to Musou fans and hardcore Zelda fans, there's no logical reason to believe it'll be any different. It'll be interesting, because it's unique, but your initial expectation is just embrassingly low.

You shouldn't be surprised, Outlaw. I've pointed his low expectations out for nearly everything for awhile now.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

I said minimum of 55k to 120k maximum... How is that embarrassingly low? 

How is 3D Mario not big of a series?  The lowest game is 570k which is the game thats still going to sell for years, so the lowest will be 700k+

3D Land: 2mil  though its a HH game...

SM64: 1.91mil

SM64DS: 1.25mil

SMG: 1.20mil

SMG2: 980k

SMS: 870k

SM3DW: 570k+ (WiiU non bundled)

NintendoPie said:
outlawauron said:

You shouldn't be surprised, Outlaw. I've pointed his low expectations out for nearly everything for awhile now.

This coming from the guy who whines all the time about sales? Yeahhhhh Ok.... 

You stay mixing up my words, all i said again for the 274th time was that if MK8 sales were under 300k, its not a flop (Which You Kept screaming about and I replied to). Pls stop talking BS now. 

think-man said:
tbone51 said:

But you were basing this off of COMG :0

I dont think it'll flop at all, just to be sure, wat'll take for this game to flop? (how much would it be for it to flop in sales?)

Less than 150k FW and 300LTD in japan and Id consider it a flop

You do know that that is not what a flop is. You can't compare it to other Crossovers either. 300 LTD for a declining franchise is the opposite of the that word.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David