By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Cause devs: Wii U dev kits “collecting dust,” no plans to develop for the console

DietSoap said:

^ If we're seriously going to have this discussion (and I hope I don't need remind you if you're not dishonest, neither is thinkman or whoever you were talking about since you claimed he was working off the same logic, tongue in cheek or not), then I have to at least show my problem with your logic.

" if they didn't, they wouldn't be so upset over losing the sequel. "

Saying "Bayonetta was shit anyways" or whatever it was you said to google doesn't say anything about how they feelings in particular, it technically only shows their feelings on Bayonetta, with Bayonetta 2 admittingly being the context possibly to say so. What you took as them being upset over losing the sequel in this regard is projection, and it discounts the fact that they could truthfully hate Bayonetta, but also hate that their favorite system will lose out on sales that game would bring, and just as well, the gains it would cause for a system they might hate like the Wii U.

If you're wondering why this is important, think about Killzone: Do you give a single fuck about Killzone? I don't. When someone lists off a bunch of PS3 exclusives and tells me I can't play them on the Wii, you know what I say? It's a shit game anyways, why would I care?

Can you honestly say you've never done that with any game ever where you just honestly didn't give a shit about it and were tired of people prentending like it was something great?

Thinkman made a generalisation, but there are some Nintendo fans who do act that way, just like there are Microsoft/Sony fans who do the same to Nintendo games. Of course some of them honestly didn't like Bayonetta, but whensome of them go on to rant about it and suggest that they care and are upset, logically some of them are just trying to downplay and belittle something just because it's going Nintendo exclusive.

Fanboys will be fanboys, regardless of which flag they fight under.

Around the Network

^ You know what, my mistake, somehow I took you as saying people who loved Bayonetta beforehand suddenly said it was shit because the sequel went to Wii U. I see now that was never specifically said.

Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:
Who is this again?

Don't be that guy, Khan.  You are better than that.

Not trying to be that guy. I honestly never heard of them. Just Cause barely registers in my memory as well, and i tend to at least try to keep up with what's popular in the community at large.

Who even is their publisher?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:
Who is this again?

Not trying to be that guy. I honestly never heard of them. Just Cause barely registers in my memory as well, and i tend to at least try to keep up with what's popular in the community at large.

Well Square Enix published Just Cause 2. 

Anyways, JC2 is easily one of my favorite open-world games this gen. If they do work on a sequel then the WiiU not having it is pretty dissapointing. Looks like WiiU owners will have to buy a second console, not just for this studio for the large number of 3rd parties withdrawing from the system. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Mr Khan said:
Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:
Who is this again?

Just Cause 2 is one of the best open world games of this gen. You should try it out if you haven't, preferably on PC so you can play online.

Around the Network

Quite a mighty achievement for Nintendo's exclusive DCT! (No, not Discrete Cosine Transform, but Dust Collection Technology )

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Mr Khan said:

Between the title of the thread being "Just Cause devs: Wii U dev kits [...]" and the ability I'm sure you possess to navigate both Google and Wikipedia, I'm sure you'd be capable of finding this information yourself. 

Your position towards EA has made me read posts like this from you in a different light lately.  So it is possible that I'm just interpreting it more harshly than I would have before.  If there was genuinely no way of you looking this up yourself due to some reason I'm unaware of at the time of your post, then I apologise.

Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:

Between the title of the thread being "Just Cause devs: Wii U dev kits [...]" and the ability I'm sure you possess to navigate both Google and Wikipedia, I'm sure you'd be capable of finding this information yourself. 

Your position towards EA has made me read posts like this from you in a different light lately.  So it is possible that I'm just interpreting it more harshly than I would have before.  If there was genuinely no way of you looking this up yourself due to some reason I'm unaware of at the time of your post, then I apologise.

Well, no, i honestly didn't know, though at the same time i was trying to bash and/or discredit them, though i'll admit i'm getting too angry about this situation...

The EA thing, of course, is different. There's no call or justification for the shit EA is pulling, and no call for anyone to defend them about it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Carl2291 said:
Mr Khan said:
Who is this again?

A 3rd party developer.

You showed a lot of restraint here.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Just cause? Really?