By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Cause devs: Wii U dev kits “collecting dust,” no plans to develop for the console

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
Devil_Survivor said:
think-man said:
It's so funny time and time again I read these threads about games that wont appear on the WiiU or Devs not wont make game on it and all the WiiU fans says is "well such & such game sucked anyways" or "wouldn't buy it".

THEN!!

When they finally get a third party game they are all jumping out of there seats and making threads about how kool it is blah blah blah.

So sad...

You know what even sadder? When ever a 3rd party comes to Wii U all the Sony fans scream and shout and say that game is crap. You don't really have any high ground.

I would love some examples

Bayonetta 2.

That wasnt even a big group. FF13? Now that was a meltdown. B2 didnt even come close to that. And it wasnt even just SOny fas, pretty sure that game was also on 360 so if you have that its even smaller, try again.

Don't have to try again, many Sony fans screamed and shouted over Bayo 2 and said "Bayonetta was crap anyway", the fact that 360 fans did too doesn't change that.

Dude...please show me where that happened. I remember people saying it would tank in sales compared to the old Bayonettas which were multiplat. 

thanks i didnt feel like getting into it, i want to see quotes where people said it was bad. That is quite different than saying it would tank. People might have said the series wasnt that popular and looking at sales it isnt.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
Devil_Survivor said:
think-man said:
It's so funny time and time again I read these threads about games that wont appear on the WiiU or Devs not wont make game on it and all the WiiU fans says is "well such & such game sucked anyways" or "wouldn't buy it".

THEN!!

When they finally get a third party game they are all jumping out of there seats and making threads about how kool it is blah blah blah.

So sad...

You know what even sadder? When ever a 3rd party comes to Wii U all the Sony fans scream and shout and say that game is crap. You don't really have any high ground.

Bayonetta 2.

That wasnt even a big group. FF13? Now that was a meltdown. B2 didnt even come close to that. And it wasnt even just SOny fas, pretty sure that game was also on 360 so if you have that its even smaller, try again.

Don't have to try again, many Sony fans screamed and shouted over Bayo 2 and said "Bayonetta was crap anyway", the fact that 360 fans did too doesn't change that.

Dude...please show me where that happened. I remember people saying it would tank in sales compared to the old Bayonettas which were multiplat. 

Google "Bayonetta sucked anyway."

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
Devil_Survivor said:
think-man said:

THEN!!

So sad...

Bayonetta 2.

Google "Bayonetta sucked anyway."

And you think these were the same people that loved Bayonetta beforehand... Based on what? I knew plenty of people that didn't like Bayonetta right around it's release, but they kept quiet about it because (thankfully, in my opinion) it wasn't involved in the console wars.

I LOVE Bayonetta, possibly in my top 10 favorite games of all time and I can't wait to see 2 unveiled. That said, while I don't blame Nintendo at all and in some ways might even be proud of them considering Sony and Microsoft didn't bother to outbid them (or possibly bid at all, even), I'd still be lying if I didn't say the Wii U is pretty much the last place I wanted to see the game if only because the lower graphical power.  PC > PS4 > 720 > Wii U was my order of preference.

Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
o_O.Q said:
the content of these threads is becoming so predictable

either its the devs fault for being too lazy or the devs games suck so it isn't a problem anyway lol

If this issue continues to grow, how long you predict before people admit that the fault could be with Nintendo?

The more time that passes makes it less likely that it's Nintendo's fault, as Nintendo tries different things to win 3rd party support and gets snubbed every single time.

You had a breakthrough yesterday, what happened to your moment of enlightenment?

Had a breakthrough? What does that mean?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Oh god, Just cause 3 would be day one =p.

Around the Network

never played any of their games.. didn't even know about them until a couple of days ago

note to unknown devs: If you want to be known tell people you are not developing for Nintendo consoles

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Please great oracles of all things Nintendo. If it wouldn't be too terribly much trouble. Would you care to explain to us poor fools what it is that Nintendo has done exactly to court third party developers. Yes I am being sarcastic, and I don't expect you to actually have any answers beyond a couple token gestures, some ass kissing from small studios that can not afford to anger Nintendo anyway, and some very vague lip service.

This isn't my first time to this rodeo, and this isn't the first time I have heard this song and dance from Nintendo. Hell it isn't the first time I have heard it from their fans. Empty gestures are just that empty gestures. Anyone with more then a couple neurons to rub together know that Nintendo isn't doing dick about its third party situation. Well nothing more then what they usually do. That being next to nothing. Does anyone seriously harbor the illusion that Nintendo genuinely sought advice from third parties while they were designing their console. Hell do you even think they came up with a plan to make them more successful to get them on board.

Nintendo treats third parties like they are the enemy, and they bully them whenever they can. While Microsoft and Sony dote on them hand and foot. Is it any wonder they prefer those two to Nintendo. If Nintendo were genuinely interested in repairing their image with third parties. They would be doing the same things Microsoft and Sony do to get them and keep them. Why should they go up against a eight hundred pound gorilla that has rigged the game in its favor.

think-man said:
Devil_Survivor said:
think-man said:
Devil_Survivor said:
think-man said:

THEN!!

So sad...

Proof or didn't happen.

Ok think man, how about yours first since your claim in the first place. As for me, look at Lego City: Undercover, Need for Speed, or Bayonetta 2. 

That's not Proof, Source please.

And you seemed perfectly happy with my claim until I called you out on yours so please cooperate.

Haha what? If I was "happy" with your claim I never would have responded in the first place. But, you just assume that because it fits with your delusional narrative that your trying to spin that Nintendo fans always say that they won't buy a 3rd party game if even if was coming to Wii U after it gets announced it woun't be coming to Wii U. Go to google and search Bayonetta 2 Wii U, and there's all the proof you need. So where's your source?

'

Somini said:

In case it wasn’t obvious enough, Nintendo’s “next-gen” console the Wii U is having a drought of good third-party games at the moment.

Unfortunately, you can add Just Cause devs Avalanche Studios to the list of developers who aren’t making any games.

In an interview with Norwegian site Pressfire (translated by NeoGAF), Christofer Sundbderg, founder of Avalanche, states that not only do they have “no plans” for the Wii U, but the dev kits they have of the console is actually “collecting dust.

Keep in mind that the text below came from Google translate, so it might sound a bit off.

No. Not at the moment. My kids play “Skylanders Giants” on Wii U. It’s pretty much the only dealings I have with the console…We actually had some develop (dev kits) consoles that just collected dust. It’s a little sad, because we were supposed wanted to do something. I think it is a cool platform, but right now it’s not just up to us. We want the game to release an as wide as possible.

In addition to that, Sundberg mentions that they think the Wii U’s user base is too small for them to risk developing a game for it, and adds that Nintendo is “difficult” to reach, claiming, “Nintendo have from our point of view has always been difficult to get in. You never quite know where to turn. Now, however, we have managed to get through, via the publisher we work with.”

Sadly, this honestly doesn’t surprise me anymore. Hopefully, Nintendo listens to some of the feedback from studios and corrects them for the sake of every Wii U owner out there.

Is this news even shocking to you at all or are you expecting it given Nintendo’s past consoles?

http://pixelenemy.com/just-cause-devs-wii-u-dev-kits-collecting-dust-no-plans-to-develop-for-the-console/

Good to know that some people remove parts like the following one (which is included in the original) on PURPOSE.

Is it that there are too few Wii U owners?

- Yes, it actually does it, says Sundberg to press four.

User base is therefore too small to Avalanche will take the risk of making a game for the Wii U. There are several examples of this kind of skepticism among developers.

So they basically have no games  because the userbase is to small. But OF COURSE thats not mentioned....

JazzB1987 said:

Good to know that some people remove parts like the following one (which is included in the original) on PURPOSE.

Is it that there are too few Wii U owners?

- Yes, it actually does it, says Sundberg to press four.

User base is therefore too small to Avalanche will take the risk of making a game for the Wii U. There are several examples of this kind of skepticism among developers.

So they basically have no games  because the userbase is to small. But OF COURSE thats not mentioned....

You should probably take that up with PixelEnemy rather than Somini.