By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Cause devs: Wii U dev kits “collecting dust,” no plans to develop for the console

Mr Khan said:
Who is this again?

Don't be that guy, Khan.  You are better than that.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

Good to know that some people remove parts like the following one (which is included in the original) on PURPOSE.

Is it that there are too few Wii U owners?

- Yes, it actually does it, says Sundberg to press four.

User base is therefore too small to Avalanche will take the risk of making a game for the Wii U. There are several examples of this kind of skepticism among developers.

So they basically have no games  because the userbase is to small. But OF COURSE thats not mentioned....

typical media spin.

pezus said:
Hang on, Nintendo is to blame for 3rd party relations?

This isn't the first time I've seen that, and certainly won't be the last. Instead people here continue to blame the 3rd parties and 3rd parties only for not supporting Nintendo out of good will.

Third parties shouldn't need more than a developing tool, which they have. Why does any company need to give them more than their system to develop for? (Unless said company is being utterly ridiculous about the whole thing, then I see where you are coming from.)

Kresnik said:
Mr Khan said:
Who is this again?

Don't be that guy, Khan.  You are better than that.

Apparently that isn't the case given the fact that he has been bashing for at least three days solid. Any developer that isn't on the Nintendo bandwagon is almost immediately savaged by him. At this rate it probably isn't going to end well for him, or anyone who is near by when he flames out. Hopefully he will take a few days off from these forums to decompress.

DietSoap said:

And you think these were the same people that loved Bayonetta beforehand... Based on what?

The same way Think-man knows that Wii U fans bagging third party games loved them beforehand.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DietSoap said:

And you think these were the same people that loved Bayonetta beforehand... Based on what?

The same way Think-man knows that Wii U fans bagging third party games loved them beforehand.

As long as we're clear then that you were also intentionally dishonest.

DietSoap said:
curl-6 said:
DietSoap said:

As long as we're clear then that you were also intentionally dishonest.

Not dishonest. It's a logical assumption that at least some of them actually liked the first game; if they didn't, they wouldn't be so upset over losing the sequel.

It's dishonest, you have nothing to back your claim besides what you feel fits.

DietSoap said:
It's dishonest, you have nothing to back your claim besides what you feel fits.

It's not dishonest, I have logic to back it up. If someone truly hated a game, they wouldn't go on a rant when its sequel doesn't come to the platform of their choice.

^ If we're seriously going to have this discussion (and I hope I don't need remind you if you're not dishonest, neither is thinkman or whoever you were talking about since you claimed he was working off the same logic, tongue in cheek or not), then I have to at least show my problem with your logic.

" if they didn't, they wouldn't be so upset over losing the sequel. "

Saying "Bayonetta was shit anyways" or whatever it was you said to google doesn't say anything about how they're feeling in particular over the loss, it technically only shows their feelings on Bayonetta, with Bayonetta 2 admittingly being the context possibly to say so. What you took as them being upset over losing the sequel in this regard is projection, and it discounts the fact that they could truthfully hate Bayonetta, but also hate that their favorite system will lose out on sales that game would bring, and just as well, the gains it would cause for a system they might hate like the Wii U.

If you're wondering why this is important, think about Killzone: Do you give a single fuck about Killzone? I don't. When someone lists off a bunch of PS3 exclusives and tells me I can't play them on the Wii, you know what I say? It's a shit game anyways, why would I care?

Can you honestly say you've never done that with any game ever where you just honestly didn't give a shit about it and were tired of people prentending like it was something great?