By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA and Disney Announce Star Wars Partnership!

lol

Around the Network
Ji99saw said:
superchunk said:
All of you defending EA in regards to WiiU and then quoting sales of gimped, late, zero marketed games needs to get a reality check.

EA came out ON NINTENDO'S STAGE and said they would provide " unparallelled support" with Battlefield and sports etc. Then as launch closes in WiiU gets...

Mass Effect 3 low-budget port with zero marketing and killed off by an equally priced, heavily marketed Mass Effect trilogy on PS360.

Madden 13 low-budget port of the MADDEN 12 game. A fucking year old game with a new year on it. NONE of the upgrades the other versions were getting and that specific differences were the only advertising the Wii U version received. On top of that, it was even a late release to the other Madden 13 games.

NFS game that Criterion... NOT EA... actually spent time on to make it a better game than the other versions, yet it was still a late release. (in itself means it will sell dramatically less, why did Ubi delay Rayman again?) While Criterion had good intentions, EA did not match that support and it also received zero marketing.

How the hell can you use those games as justification for no future support? They sold exactly to the level of effort EA put into them. EA basically released them only because they were so far along it made zero sense to stop and they also wanted this crap sells argument to support their already in place plan to black-list Nintendo.

Fact is, EA is being a pathetic and childish. I was already willing to miss out on BF4 (even though I would have bought it on PC due to how my PS3 experience played out) in my ban on EA. Now I'm going to be fucked on my most favorite IP in all media formats. I knew Disney wouldn't let the SW gaming brand die and good games would come out eventually, but fucking EA... ugh.

EA has a horrible track record with games and generally they just slowly die. BF is really the only IP that has remained decent and that is likely solely due to DICE. Sure DICE would likely make a great Battlefront game too.

Madden and Tiger Woods has the same restrictions as these SW games will supposedly have. However, EA obviously has loopholes otherwise the next games for 2014 wouldn't be skipping Wii U. And no, spending another $450-$500 on another console is not an option. That's stupidity.

My only ray of hope is that EAs next CEO doesn't come in with this idiotic anti-Nintendo stance and returns EA to a far more solvent picture with supporting all viable platforms, including actually marketing them.

So to summarize your post EA should just bend over for Nintendo because.......... they're Nintendo

Seems Legit

You are misrepresenting what we want. All we desire is fairness.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Only game I really care about is Battlefront 3, but I do not like Dice's FPSes too much. Welp sucks to me I guess.

Aww man, I loved Battlefront 2.

Oh well. Too bad I don't support EA.

Hopefully they don't fk up Star Wars though.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Woohoo... can't wait for Star Wars DLC!!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

"Insert credit card number to buy in-game force"

"Become a premium member to unlock more powerful lightsabers"

"Pay to unlock content already on the disc you just paid for"

FUCK YOU EA

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Darc Requiem said:
Okay people seemed to be glossing over a few facts when it comes to EA and Nintendo. Madden 13 on Wii was just Madden 12 with a roster update and 6 months of dev time. They were literally selling last years a game for $60. Mass Effect 3 for Wii U lacked DLC support was launched after Mass Effect Trilogy released at the same price on PC, 360, and PS3. Need For Speed: Most Wanted launched late on with Wii U sans DLC support. There has yet to be a game released by EA on Wii U that was on equal footing as it competitors. The games shouldn't have sold well. Mass Effect 3 in particular shouldn't have sold one damned copy.

I know that Mass Effect 3 for Wii U has at least some DLC already implemented. Was a lot of DLC excluded?

It has the Extended Cut "ending fix" DLC and the first multiplayer DLC and thats it. It lacks Omega, Leviathan, Citadel, and all the rest of the multiplayer DLC. The game is a joke. Oh I left out FIFA 13. Just look at my description of Madden 13 and you'll get an idea of that FIFA 13 was for Wii.

So EA is going to ruin star wars now

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Knights of The Old Republic 3? how is that bad?

Worst gaming news I have heard in, I don't know...maybe a decade?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)