By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA and Disney Announce Star Wars Partnership!

Carl2291 said:
Mr Khan said:
All the more reason to get EA bankrupt now

Is this shit serious? Seriously? The same goes for everyone else posting rubbish like this.

Look at who will be making the games.

DICE - Battlefield, Mirrors Edge - Generally good/great games.
Visceral Games - Dead Space series - 2 out of 3 aint bad.
BioWare - Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic Series, Mass Effect Series, Dragon Age Series - Generally fantastic games.

There is nothing bad about this deal at all. Its great for Star Wars, EA and gamers.

Drop the port begging nonsense. Drop the trolling. Please.

You're absolutely right; EA has published some great titles, and their developers have made even more great games. But, let me counter your post:

Battlefield 4 simply looks an upgraded version of BF3; no new gameplay mechanics, only prettier graphics = stagnation. Mirror's Edge was a cool concept, but have we seen a follow up yet? Have we even heard RUMORS about a sequel? No, we haven't = EA's not taking any risks = stagnation.

2 out of 3 ain't bad, but, the 3rd instalment is more telling than any of the other 2 games; EA trying to squeeze the last dime out of that game with microtransactions; the latest game is more of an action game than the survivor horror it started out like, because it was supposed to appeal a broader audience (to make moar money) it "lost its way" and just wasn't the same kind of game anymore.

And you can't really pull up Baldur's Gate in a conversation like this. That game is like 15 years old now, and made long before EA acquired BioWare. DA2 is generally seen as inferior to DA:O, SW:OR hasn't done as well as hoped, and do I really need to bring up ME:3's ending? 

All in all, it's quite easy to see how the quality of games published by EA has gotten worse and worse over the years... Or at the very least stagnated. EA is definitely the wrong publisher/developer for Star Wars! That's a franchise that needs creativity, which EA has an aboundance of, but not using... And that's the main problem here I think. EA could do wonderful things, but they don't.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

@above post

Battlefield may just be an upgraded version of 3, but considering 3 was by far the best shooter in recent memory, that's just fine. Especially since console players will now finally get to experience 64 player action, like the game was meant to be played. It's going to be a high quality game.

As for Bioware, EA did rush them on DA2, but they learned their lesson and have been giving them tons of time for DA3. Mass Effect 3 was an AMAZING game, and anyone who dismisses the whole experience just because of the ending needs to have themselves checked.

I don't care for Dead Space, so no comment there, but if Bioware makes KOTOR 3, and DICE develops Battlefront 3, thise will be the best Star Wars games in like a decade.

"We are altering the microtransactions, pray that we don't alter them any further!"

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

How about a Mass-Effect/Star Wars crossover!

let the "who would win a battle" discussions commence

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Potable_Toe said:
For those saying "KOTOR 3 from Bioware!" it just isn't going to happen, they already had the chance to do that and what we got was 'The Old Republic' which as far as Bioware are concerned is KOTOR 3,4,5,6...... 42 all in one :(

This. We won't get any of the games we want count on that.

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
So all Starwars games will have Day 1 dlc that should of been in the disc, mulitplayer and microtransaction

Thats Capcom

S.Peelman said:
Potable_Toe said:
For those saying "KOTOR 3 from Bioware!" it just isn't going to happen, they already had the chance to do that and what we got was 'The Old Republic' which as far as Bioware are concerned is KOTOR 3,4,5,6...... 42 all in one :(

Well of course they said that at the time. They were trying to hype the MMO, what better way than to say "This is KOTOR 3-100"

However, there is no way that EA of all people will let a franchise like KOTOR go out like that, especially when everybody knows that what gamers really want to see is KOTOR 3. I would be absolutely shocked if Bioware doesn't develop KOTOR 3 under this deal.

Disney and EA games.

2 names I fear the most lol.

I don't see why this is such bad news but then again I don't see how EA are such a big evil corporation to others. They really cannot do any worse then the games that have come before.

Angelus said:
S.Peelman said:
Potable_Toe said:

Well of course they said that at the time. They were trying to hypoe the MMO, what better way than to say "This is KOTOR 3-100"

However, there is no way that EA of all people will let a franchise like KOTOR go out like that, especially when everybody knows that what gamers really want to see is KOTOR 3. I would be absolutely shocked if Bioware doesn't develop KOTOR 3 under this deal.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a KOTOR 3 I just don't think it is going to happen unfortunately :(

I do feel however we could get something similar but at a different period e.g. 10,000 years before the films or The Great Hyperspace War period etc.