By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WiiU and Vita owners, can we all agree that both consoles are similarly disastrous and move on?

Can we make peace?

Never! WiiU is slightly l... 203 48.22%

Never! Vita is marginally... 106 25.18%

I'm a dirty hippie and b... 86 20.43%

I'm a MS fan and I'm lo... 26 6.18%

Total:421
Osc89 said:
Did you follow source links in that link you posted? They lead here, where it is made clear that it was a price cut for select Sony stores in only 10 states. As for the Amazon price in the US, it hasn't ever moved by more than $1. You can't say a very limited promotion is a price cut.

The Wii U however, I can get for £100 off RRP on Amazon, in HMV, Asda and probably elsewhere. It isn't the same as having to go to another state and find a "select Sony store" for a limited time.

Simmer Down, sir. Literally, honing in on that one thing doesn't make what I said wrong. Maybe less true but it's not wrong. There's still a Japanese price cut and there was an ATTEMPT to drop the price for some period of time (which is a price cut just not permanent let's not play around with the same words all day). It's STILL not helping at all. So, what are you trying to get at? The fact remains that Sony is considering a price cut and even has one going on in one territory OFFICIALLY (not through a secondary seller who is free to do what they want since they paid full price to get the stock into their store initially which means NO harm towards Nintendo at all)

small44 said:
Wii u: had a mario game,monster hunter,dragon quest,Wario 

Psvita:No monster hunter,no MGS,no  Grand Tursimo 

This post makes my head hurt.

Wii U: NSMB aka "A Mario game" (not a system seller more of a risk if you ask me since NSMB wouldn't be my ideal first choice to start off Wii U), Monster Hunter (Wasn't this a port?), Dragon Quest X (Small install base + only released in Japan + port from Wii = low sales but you tried), Game & Wario (you must be kidding right? not even CLOSE to a system seller. it can barely sell itself regularly)

PSVITA: What about... Assassin's Creed (had a bundle + commercial), Killzone (bundle), Little Big Planet (bundle + commercial), Persona 4 (bundle), Sly Cooper (bundle), Playstation All Stars (bundle + commercial + TONS of advertising), and more who all have previously helped previously sell consoles and bring interest to Sony consoles (oh and none of those I mentioned are ports)? 

Just stop. Please. Now every PS Vita/Sony fan reading the thread wants to jump in? That's pathetic, how some small facts can cause that kind of a response. I'm not the one preventing PSVita from selling, don't be mad at me. Go talk to Sony and ask when that price cut is coming WW.

Around the Network
Kazus said:
Osc89 said:
Did you follow source links in that link you posted? They lead here, where it is made clear that it was a price cut for select Sony stores in only 10 states. As for the Amazon price in the US, it hasn't ever moved by more than $1. You can't say a very limited promotion is a price cut.

The Wii U however, I can get for £100 off RRP on Amazon, in HMV, Asda and probably elsewhere. It isn't the same as having to go to another state and find a "select Sony store" for a limited time.

Simmer Down, sir. Literally, honing in on that one thing doesn't make what I said wrong. Maybe less true but it's not wrong. There's still a Japanese price cut and there was an ATTEMPT to drop the price for some period of time (which is a price cut just not permanent let's not play around with the same words all day). It's STILL not helping at all. So, what are you trying to get at? The fact remains that Sony is considering a price cut and even has one going on in one territory OFFICIALLY (not through a secondary seller who is free to do what they want since they paid full price to get the stock into their store initially which means NO harm towards Nintendo at all)

Read the link again. It was 16 stores in the whole of the USA for $50 off the Vita, and it was for 1 week. On Amazon USA, it hasn't ever been discounted. Now compare that to £100 off the Wii U at Amazon UK, HMV, Asda for the last week, and that is after it has been £50 off everywhere for 2 months. And it might stay at £100 off for even longer.

And yes, the discount does hurt Nintendo. It devalues the Wii U in everyones eyes so they won't be able to raise the price again, and retailers won't reorder Wii Us after they have lost money on each one sold just trying to clear them to get store space back.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Kazus said:
Osc89 said:

small44 said:

Wii U: NSMB aka "A Mario game" (not a system seller more of a risk if you ask me since NSMB wouldn't be my ideal first choice to start off Wii U), Monster Hunter (Wasn't this a port?), Dragon Quest X (Small install base + only released in Japan + port from Wii = low sales but you tried), Game & Wario (you must be kidding right? not even CLOSE to a system seller. it can barely sell itself regularly)

PSVITA: What about... Assassin's Creed (had a bundle + commercial), Killzone (bundle), Little Big Planet (bundle + commercial), Persona 4 (bundle), Sly Cooper (bundle), Playstation All Stars (bundle + commercial + TONS of advertising), and more who all have previously helped previously sell consoles and bring interest to Sony consoles (oh and none of those I mentioned are ports)? 

Just stop. Please. Now every PS Vita/Sony fan reading the thread wants to jump in? That's pathetic, how some small facts can cause that kind of a response. I'm not the one preventing PSVita from selling, don't be mad at me. Go talk to Sony and ask when that price cut is coming WW.

You forgot Uncharted Golden Abyss.

As a bonus, that game must have push as much as 133 million polygons out of 140 million, while Resident Evil Revelations probably only push as much as 130 million polygons out of 160 million.

I got to give credit to Sony for making a system more easier to push more polygons out of, for developers. Plus Vita graphics look more well rounded.

I have seen 3DS games with graphics just as well rounded like Cave Story 3D & New Super Mario Bros. 2 & Nano Assault EX, but it seems that developers don't put in as much effort into developing games for the 3DS more then most the time since they can make graphics look just as well rounded as shown in the several 3DS games I have mentioned.

Osc89 said:
Kazus said:
Osc89 said:

Read the link again. It was 16 stores in the whole of the USA for $50 off the Vita, and it was for 1 week. On Amazon USA, it hasn't ever been discounted. Now compare that to £100 off the Wii U at Amazon UK, HMV, Asda for the last week, and that is after it has been £50 off everywhere for 2 months. And it might stay at £100 off for even longer.

And yes, the discount does hurt Nintendo. It devalues the Wii U in everyones eyes so they won't be able to raise the price again, and retailers won't reorder Wii Us after they have lost money on each one sold just trying to clear them to get store space back.

Those things have only happen just recently for the Wii U discounts, so we don't even know the results of the sales until VGChartz reports May 4 & May 11 sales in Europe.

And that is in Europe only anyways.

Kazus said:
Osc89 said:

small44 said:

you don't consider NSMB a system sellers and you consider Assasin Creed and killzone and Little Big Planet!!!

NSMB game is bigger then any game in Vita system sellers are Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid Final Fantasy .

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
Kazus said:

I said "software sellers" NOT Mario games because if you weren't busy being offended by my post, you would realize the Mario game released was in the NSMB series. That game isn't what most people would call (nor consider) a system seller so, let's not even go there. By system sellers, I mean what numerous people in this thread mentioned, Zelda, Smash Bros. and more.

Or am I still contradicting myself? 

Alright.  We'll just ignore the fact that New Super Mario Bros on the Wii sold 26m while Smash Bros sold 11m, Galaxy sold 10m, Twilight Princess sold 6m, and Skyward Sword sold 3m.  Huge system sellers compared to NSMB.  New Super Mario Bros is easily one of the best selling titles on the Wii and it's not considered a system seller?  NSMB is in the top five.  So yeah.  You are still contradicting yourself. 

Mario Kart is in second, so are you going to argue that it's going to be a major system seller and do what NSMB U failed to do?  I wouldn't.  Mario Kart Wi was a pack in with the console along with Wii Sports for a very long time.  You can say the same thing with NSMB, but it was released alongside a red Wii for a limited time so it's definitely not skewed as bad as Mario Kart is.

Let's take a closer look at the top 30 Wii games released though.  Wii Fit at 22m, Wii Fit Plus at 21m, Just Dance 3  at 9m, Just Dance 2 at 9m, Just Dance at 7m, Zumba Fitness at 6m, Just Dance 4 at 5m, Michael Jackson the Experience at 4m, and EA Sports Active at 4m.  Less than 100,000 to one million was rounded up.  So 10 casual games were in the top 30, and that's not including the games that were in Wii bundles.  These casual gamers are not going to get duped into buying a Wii U after buying a Wii.  They bought it because it was a fad and nothing more.  

So being realistic since the casual market is no longer interested in any of the three consoles more than likely, it's obvious Nintendo is going to be last place for consoles this gen.  So you're only lying to yourself by saying it will be a huge seller.

Let me not respond directly to any of those posters. Not only do their responses take what I've stated and just make assumptions that NO ONE implied (like Wii U being a huge seller? really now?) but they feel like ignoring majority of what I said by focusing on one point that they can prove false to make my whole argument wrong (despite not even proving that point false with facts, just lazy opinions).

I don't need you to believe I'm correct today. You'll do it later when Nintendo actually kicks the Wii U promo and games into full speed and the consistenly good sales start rolling in. Just remember, people will always come crawling back for Zelda and Pikmin but won't even blink at GOW on Vita no matter what year it is and who is in competition with Nintendo.

Let me bookmark this thread though, we'll see who's in last place or a failing console by the end of 2013. I'm patient, I can wait...

Kazus said:
kupomogli said:
I constantly hear wait until it receives more Mario games.  There is a Mario game.  So saying it has none of its system sellers is bs. 

And the Vita's drastic price cut?  You mean the price cut that's hit on only a single region which it's been doing decent in since?

You end your post with let's not promote ignorance, basically contradicting your own post.

Next, the "drastic price cut" only stabilized mediocore sales in the US. It's still tanking elsewhere and the stabilized sales aren't impressive at this point for Vita's situation or am I wrong? Please correct me with more opinions (hence the reason I didn't even want to mention the price cut in my inital post and opted to place it in parathesis).

The Vita had no price cut in the US. It had one in Japan. Currently it sells at doubled rate, we have to wait what it will sell in the end.

If you talk about unofficial price-cuts that retailers make - then also the WiiU already got drastic price-cuts.

I like the WiiU and like to play MH3U and Lego City. but I don't lie to myself about the state of sales. It does horribly currently. Sure, the release of bigger software later this year and an official pricecut may help to turn around the sales-fate. But the medicine can be applied to Vita too, it had no pricecut in its bigger regions (europe and US) and a lot of software released in Japan isn't out in the West yet. Also it will get some big hitters like FIFA. You may say that will have no effect, but we have yet to see, and the same can be said about WiiU. So far both consoles are in the same boat.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Kaizar said:
Osc89 said:
Kazus said:
Osc89 said:

Those things have only happen just recently for the Wii U discounts, so we don't even know the results of the sales until VGChartz reports May 4 & May 11 sales in Europe.

And that is in Europe only anyways.

It has been £50 off for two months, and £100 off at HMV for one month. Didn't seem to do anything. But that is expected really, price isn't the problem it's the games. I got the Wii U one month ago for the £199 + ZombiU premium bundle at HMV knowing full well that there was a good chance I wouldn't be using it much until after this Christmas. My point is that it has a big problem just like the Vita.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89