By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WiiU and Vita owners, can we all agree that both consoles are similarly disastrous and move on?

Can we make peace?

Never! WiiU is slightly l... 203 48.22%

Never! Vita is marginally... 106 25.18%

I'm a dirty hippie and b... 86 20.43%

I'm a MS fan and I'm lo... 26 6.18%

Total:421

The Wii U is already hitting 4 million in a fraction of the time of the PS Vita's slow sales.

Plus the recent announcement of New Eternal Darkness game & Wario this June & Pikmin 3 this August, but in July in Nihon & 3D Mario this October & Bayonetta 2 this year & Wii Fit U & plenty of others.

The PS Vita had its first 12 months, now let's see November 18 2013 life time sales of the Wii U.

But I do agree that the Wii U is doing terrible from January to April and I don't look forward to May sales LOL.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

The Wii U is already hitting 4 million in a fraction of the time of the PS Vita's slow sales.

Plus the recent announcement of New Eternal Darkness game & Wario this June & Pikmin 3 this August, but in July in Nihon & 3D Mario this October & Bayonetta 2 this year & Wii Fit U & plenty of others.

The PS Vita had its first 12 months, now let's see November 18 2013 life time sales of the Wii U.

But I do agree that the Wii U is doing terrible from January to April and I don't look forward to May sales LOL.

yeah the wiiu will definitely will pick up its pace at the end of the year when the games arrives.

but I hope you meant 3m and not 4m units sold. they only shiped 3.45m units to retailers until a few weeks ago.
so it will still take awhile to reach 4m units sold to customers.

Kaizar said:

The Wii U is nowhere near 4 million.  It is unlikely to hit 4 million for at least several more months.  The Vita hit 4 million worldwide after 47 in America, 46 weeks in Europe, and 56 in Japan.  So far the Wii U has been out 23/22/21 weeks.  At last week's rate of sales it would take 33 more weeks to hit 4 million.  That would be equal to the Vita in terms of initial launch date, but more time in terms of weeks per territory.  Now obviously sales will pick up later in the year, but to say it did it in a "fraction of the time" is disingenuous.

They are both slow, sure.

But the Vita has 4.6m in ~1.4yrs while the WiiU has 3m in ~0.6 years.

The WiiU appears less doomed imo. Also, it looks like Nintendo can make more breathing room for it than Sony with the Vita.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Yakuzaice said:
Kaizar said:

The Wii U is nowhere near 4 million.  It is unlikely to hit 4 million for at least several more months.  The Vita hit 4 million worldwide after 47 in America, 46 weeks in Europe, and 56 in Japan.  So far the Wii U has been out 23/22/21 weeks.  At last week's rate of sales it would take 33 more weeks to hit 4 million.  That would be equal to the Vita in terms of initial launch date, but more time in terms of weeks per territory.  Now obviously sales will pick up later in the year, but to say it did it in a "fraction of the time" is disingenuous.

This comment is silly.  If you we used last weeks numbers only to say what Vita sells, it still wouldn't have hit 4 million.  It might have hit like 2 million.  This is a slow period.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

That is false. WiiU is at 3m.

Also, it is highly misleading as you make it sound like such a small fraction.

Vita has 4.6m in ~1.4yrs while the WiiU has 3m in ~0.6 years.

Best case, WiiU hits 4m in about 4/5 year. (For reference Vita hit 4m in about a year)

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Yakuzaice said:
Kaizar said:

WiiU is currently at 3.45 million.

TheLastStarFighter said:

This comment is silly.  If you we used last weeks numbers only to say what Vita sells, it still wouldn't have hit 4 million.  It might have hit like 2 million.  This is a slow period.

Yes, my comment is silly, not the comment from the guy who has repeatedly just made up numbers to support his argument...

The Vita at this time last year was at 1.67 million, and at its weekly rate of sale would have hit 2 million in seven weeks.  If you align the launch by region, the Vita was at 1.915 million in Japan/USA/Europe.  Including all of the Americas and the rest of the world, it was probably at about 2 million.  It certainly wouldn't have taken another year to hit 2 million.

I don't really see your point.  I said that sales would pick up later in the year.  It doesn't matter though because the Wii U won't hit 4 million significantly faster than the Vita.  When exactly do you expect the slow period to end?  Because by the end of August we'd be looking at 41 weeks post launch.  Which would be getting into Vita territory.

If he had said three million or five million he would have had a point.  But he didn't say that.

Play4Fun said:

WiiU is currently at 3.45 million.

That is the shipment figure.

Yes, we can! Wait ... wrong sentence.
Yeah I like both and both perform very badly. Vita has the power bonus, Wii U has the Nintendo bonus.
But I wouldn't say their sales are too bad. They sell and that's what counts. They don't need to break records like the last consoles and handhelds did. Maybe the companies lose money on them but they will come back down to earth from their high flying success. About time.

deleted