By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Elaborates on Previous Statement About E3

BasilZero said:
Mr Khan said:
Actually now i'm more confused than before...

Correct me if I'm wrong @ anyone else who understood (I just skimmed through it).

They'll have a booth where people can play the demos of games (which will be available for the public) and they will also have a meeting with distributors/partners (not viewable for the public) about the future.

But information about new games, hardware changes, software changes, etc will be given out on Nintendo Directs.

Not quite what I took from this.  Business partner presentation + Media presentation + Nintendo directs.  The biggest change seems to be more that the media event is going to be a hands-on kind of affair rather than the usual presentation.

More exciting is the suggestion that E3 demos/information will be made available directly to users at home.  It's open to interpretation but....

Around the Network
Turkish said:
They're distributing what would be their E3 news on various Nintendo Directs throughout the year? Bad move and a very bad move not to have a persconference at E3.

i know!!!! they should have usher and wonderbook in their conference too!!!!!!

it is totally a bad move.... bad move i say!

there would be 46,000 people coming to that conference! and probably a few hundreds in the main press con!!!! but the thing is e3 will be publish on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!! cause i dont think anyone would cover it on TV.....

so i dont understand them!!!!!! and nintendo direct can only be seen in the internet!!!!

VERY BAD MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think its smart cause they will be overshadowed by Microsoft and Sony's next console news. Nintendo can just announce their stuff later when they hype for the PS4/ Nextbox is lower.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

maybe its this way =

They will have their press conference split in two smaller ones. Each of these smaller conferences will target a specific group of people which determine the content of this conferences.

I cann see that one of these will be held by Nintendo only for the investors, showing sales figures and approaches they want to take in the future. Nothing big will be shown in term of games themselves.

Then on the other small conference they will be only focusing on the big games coming to the Wii U and the 3DS, targeting the media and gamer only. In this conference they won't be showing off sales or anything like that but content highly anticipated from fans -> the acutal games.

traditional E3 conferences couvered everything for everyone in just one hour but with this new approach Nintendo can actually show more for each group individually because they will have more than just one conference.

I think its a smart move from Nintendo. The quote from Charlie Scibetta pretty much confirmes this strategy.

This is basically what I said in the other thread where everyone was freaking out. It was obvious if you actually read the comments they made.

Nintendo said:

"At this years E3 we will not be announcing a new hardware system, so E3's primary mission will be to have [press, analysts] experience our software. Many people would like to know more about the titles for Wii U that will be announced. We will use the timing of E3 to focus on providing details about our Wii U titles for release this year, and intend to create opportunities for guests to the conference to experience them immediatelyWe will attempt to use this year's E3 to make announcements in a new way that we have not tried before."

"Unlike previous years, we will not have a large-scale [E3] presentation directed to everyone in the world. Instead, we are planning several smaller events focusing on software for America. Among these hands-on events will be one for American distributors and another for western media."

“At this years E3 we will not be announcing a new hardware system, so E3′s primary mission will be to have [press, analysts] experience our software. Many people would like to know more about the titles for Wii U that will be announced. We will use the timing of E3 to focus on providing details about our Wii U titles for release this year, and intend to create opportunities for guests to the conference to experience them immediately. We will attempt to use this year’s E3 to make announcements in a new way that we have not tried before.”

I really dont get why it was so hard for people to understand.

Around the Network

I understand that this could be good for Nintendo but.... reggie is now useless lol.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

I think they are fine and the entire hoopla is over done.

They will give far more and better info via the NDs.
The same media will cover those as they would the mega show. So there is no loss of publicity.

Then they can use their E3 time to focus on their relationships with retailers and 3rd parties, which is very much needed.

superchunk said:

The same media will cover those as they would the mega show. So there is no loss of publicity.

Then they can use their E3 time to focus on their relationships with retailers and 3rd parties, which is very much needed.

this

Click HERE and be happy 

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

But superchunk, if Nintendo makes a change to what they do, it could be for the better. While if they did the same as in the past couple of years, the result would most likely be the same as in the past couple of years. Don't you see why this is a problem?

Clearly they're domed.

I think it's a bad move. Hype will be around Sony and MS and without an extravagant presser like past events it will seem like Nintendo isn't really present.