By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some good technology devices that should have caught on, but didn't?

Tagged games:

I have seen the technology come and go.  Some of it was good, but it didn't stick.  I have seen 3D cameras come and go (in the 80s) and sort of come back.  Mini CD and DAT recorders and players.  Car phones that had to be installed, and actually looked like an old home phone. But now we have cells so we don't need them.

The Kodak Disc camera - not a bad idea, but tiny film made lousy pictures - most cell phone have a better camera now.

What are some good ideas that didn't stick or find a market?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Digital typewriters.

The gamecube.

Not so much of a device but it was a nice feature:

Picture on picture.

blu-ray players, there are still so many people without one but they all bought a huge plasma or lcd tv years ago

Around the Network
Damagon said:
Not so much of a device but it was a nice feature:

Picture on picture.

I remember that!

My old monitor can do it.  I did it a few times, but it doesn't have HDMI so I never got a good TV signal on it.

Now it seems multipule monitors have offered a seperate solution.

Anyone remember, in the early 90's food boxes, that do not need to be refrigerated, I think they were called "Top Shelf."  But I can't fun much about them.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

1. Dreamcast
2. Neo Geo Pocket Color
3. Windows CE devices (PDA and Tablets)
4. Windows Phone 7
5. Sega Saturn
6. Sega CD
7. HD DVD (Cheaper, Faster, and just as HD as Blu-Ray)
8. Japanese Xbox 360
9. Virtual Reality Headsets
10. Turbo Duo

kain_kusanagi said:
1. Dreamcast
2. Neo Geo Pocket Color
3. Windows CE devices (PDA and Tablets)
4. Windows Phone 7
5. Sega Saturn
6. Sega CD
7. HD DVD (Cheaper, Faster, and just as HD as Blu-Ray)
8. Japanese Xbox 360
9. Virtual Reality Headsets
10. Turbo Duo

Pretty much this, except I'm glad windows phone 7 didn't catch on.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Super powered alarm clocks.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

steel battalion
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Steel_Battalion_controllers.jpg