By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some good technology devices that should have caught on, but didn't?

Tagged games:

Mechanical TVs. Those were great!

Also 3D printing. It's catching on, but it should have been mass market by now.

Around the Network

Zune

In its prime it was vastly superior than any Ipod. And cheaper.

Damagon said:
Not so much of a device but it was a nice feature:

Picture on picture.

You're obviously too poor to afford a Dell U3011 like myself ;)

Damagon said:
Zune

True, but then so was the iRiver ;) as was the Creative Zen and pretty much any high-ish end portable audio device.

...Sorry looks like I'm having a dig with 2 concurrent replies here. I'm just horrible that's all, don't take it personally.

Damagon said:
Zune

I loved Zune until the mix view disappeared.  I still use the software on my pc.  Nothing surpasses it for pictues, music, and video player IMO still number 1

Around the Network
Damagon said:
Zune

Especially the Zune HD.  I was going to get one right before they stopped them. (Somone gave me an Ipod, that thing screwed up my computer so much.  It even messed up some web design stuff - why in the word would itunes needs to mess with non-musical software?!?)

But then Zune sort of turned into the Xbox Video/Audio part of Windows Phone 7-8, and the inspiration for the Windows 8 style.

Would you agree that while the device itself died, the 'Zune experience' move into other things.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Sega Channel

Sega was so far ahead of their times in some regards.

The Power Glove

Its so bad.

Zappykins said:
Damagon said:
Zune

Especially the Zune HD.  I was going to get one right before they stopped them. (Somone gave me an Ipod, that thing screwed up my computer so much.  It even messed up some web design stuff - why in the word would itunes needs to mess with non-musical software?!?)

But then Zune sort of turned into the Xbox Video/Audio part of Windows Phone 7-8, and the inspiration for the Windows 8 style.

Would you agree that while the device itself died, the 'Zune experience' move into other things.

Yes, that's definitely the case. I just wish the stand alone MP3 player was still around. People hated it and never bought one simply for not being Apple, it was ridiculous.

virtual reality is the only thing that I can think of. Something like google glasses is something I've always thought would catch on more then it has.