By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - whats the most emotional game you ever played?

No video game has affected me on a emotional level. But Anime has.

Around the Network

The walking dead from Telltales. All the choices make you emotionnally implicated.

Tetris.

The ending gets me every time.

Mario Kart. Those blue shells almost made me cry.

I forgot Pokemon! The attachment I feel towards my virtual pets is immense! When I have a team of six but a stronger 'Mon comes along and I have to put a level 32. Leavanny away in a box when he's been with me since he was a nipper at level 3 the sense of loss and guilt is ridiculous! "F" you Pokemon!

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
It's a puzzle game. It doesn't need exploration or choices because it's a collection of puzzles. Puzzle games are an established genre of videog ames, just like point and click adventure games. But Heavy Rain and The Walking Dead are even less video game like than point and click adventures.

I'm not trying to convince you to agree with me. I'm just explaining why I feel that The Walking Dead, while a great experience, has less in common with video games than it does with movies and books. Choice is the only interactive part of the game that matters. Without the choices it could have been an animated movie.

I don't understand how Heavy Rain and The Walking Dead aren't the same as point and click games? They are exactly that plus quicktime events and an emphasis on plot and characterisation.

Anyway, emotional games for me are Ico, SotC, Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, Braid, To The Moon, Flower, Journey and probably a load more I can't think of. I tend to get quite emotionally attached in games.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

AA: Trials and Tribulations - The final 2 cases just got me.

Explorers of Sky/Darkness/Time - When I finished these games, It was during 2009 and I was quite younger then. The final act of the first chapter was amazing and then the special episodes were also great.

Virtue's Last Reward - While it did not make me emotional sad, it did get me really stressed, in a good way. Who should I betray? Who should I ally? What will the consequences be?

Layton and the Mask of Miracle - Even though the story was predictable, the past chapters got me, especially the final past chapter.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Honestly? Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky Edit: It's also worth mentioning Xenoblade

IsawYoshi said:
Honestly? Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky Edit: It's also worth mentioning Xenoblade

Both of us have great minds. I forgot about Xenoblade. Sky was indeed amazing.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

God of War III, that moment when Kratos rips off Helios' head made me shed tears of joy.