By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - whats the most emotional game you ever played?

Raider84 said:
For me its an easy choice... I'd have to go with Heavy Rain & Red Dead Redemption... Heavy Rain from start to finish, insanely emotional in the middle to the end. and RDR had maybe one of the most emotional endings... especially if you actually did that "strangers quest" after and played as his kid and killed the guy who was the reason your dad died. Powerful stuff.

even though nobody would understand what you said without playing the game, this does have some spoilers so please contain it. i specifically asked in the OP to cover up spoilers, its really not that hard

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Tetris.

The ending gets me every time.

please cover that up with spoiler text!!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Dear god those feels.

Heavy rain- the moments in that game, especially in the end when you chose to drink the poison or not to find your son. I remember that game so well.

Far Cry 3- you always seemed to get high in that game and it seemed to try to mind fuck with you at times. But also saving your friends that you fought you lost

Red Dead Redemption- having to kill off your former gang members, just so the feds would let you see your family again.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
Heavy rain- the moments in that game, especially in the end when you chose to drink the poison or not to find your son. I remember that game so well.

Far Cry 3- you always seemed to get high in that game and it seemed to try to mind fuck with you at times. But also saving your friends that you fought you lost

Red Dead Redemption- having to kill off your former gang members, just so the feds would let you see your family again.

i played heavy rain so i read your first sentence, it clearly has some spoilers. the far cry 3 one i didnt read because i didnt play the game. so please cover up the spoilers in your post before someone who hasnt played the game see's then

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
the2real4mafol said:

i played heavy rain so i read your first sentence, it clearly has some spoilers. the far cry 3 one i didnt read because i didnt play the game. so please cover up the spoilers in your post before someone who hasnt played the game see's then

how do i do that?

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

the2real4mafol said:
bananaking21 said:

how do i do that?

when replying there are two boxer above one that has "styles" the other "paragraph" highlight the spoilers and press on the box that has styles, the box will expand under it and a spoilers option will appear, just press on it.

remember highlight the words you want to cover because if you dont high light anything it will cover up your entire post

bananaking21 said:
the2real4mafol said:
bananaking21 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Heavy rain- the moments in that game, especially in the end when you chose to drink the poison or not to find your son. Another time, was when Ethan had to cut off his finger, my god that was horrible! I remember that game so well. But the stuff you do in that game to find your remaining son, its just crazy! going 60mph on the wrong side of the motorway, crawling through broken glass and past electric power lines in a abandoned coal power plant, what with the stuff Jayden and Madison were up to. But who seriously though Scott was the origami killer? that was a huge surprise!

Far Cry 3- you always seemed to get high in that game and it seemed to try to mind fuck with you at times. But also saving your friends that you fought you lost. And to also discover that your younger brother hadn't died after all, Hoyt had him. But also that ending when you chose to kill or save your girlfriend Liza. I'm so glad i choose to save her, that other ending was terrible! I just couldn't kill her with those eyes staring at me like that!and her pleading like that.

Red Dead Redemption- having to kill off your former gang members, just so the feds would let you see your family again. But also when John Marston died and you came back as his son to kill the agent. that was sad

how do i do that?

when replying there are two boxer above one that has "styles" the other "paragraph" highlight the spoilers and press on the box that has styles, the box will expand under it and a spoilers option will appear, just press on it.

remember highlight the words you want to cover because if you dont high light anything it will cover up your entire post

Hmm i can see many posters here are quite young by their choice of game.

For me, Final fantasy 7 and Xenogears.

It depends really by in what way you mean emotional. I've played games with very little story but they've been so magical that I felt sad when I completed the game as I wanted it to go on forever.

For me such a game would be Super Mario World and Mario 64.

There have been many games I've played with characters I empathise with such as Shemue and games which to me felt truly epic like Panzer Dragoon Saga and even games which I kind of agreed with me in a political way such as Grandia 2 (humanism).

This gen though the two game that most moved me I would say is Lost Odyssey and most recently The Journey.

Lost Odyssey because of the scene with the children crying over the death of their mother. The facial animation and the voice acting was amazing. The lead characters 'Lost Memories' also provided a scope for exploring different human sensibilities.

The Journey because of the striking visuals, cinematic camera angles and soul stirring music which with the journey of the protagonist just stirred something in me on a deep artistic and emotional level.