By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter On Next-Gen. NeXbox and Sony will be a success, WiiU crappy product

JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

Lolwut. Core console gamers, not portable gamers.......Different market.

A core gamer is a core gamer whether it be handheld or home console.  Nintendo is nintendo and it is all the gaming market.  

Lol no, just no. When we are talking about the success of a static console, it makes no sense to start talking about handhelds. "A golfer is a golfer whether he's playing 18 holes or crazy golf". Nah dont think so. 

Are we talking about the success of a console or Nintendo because that 1.1 billion dollars will be a part of Nintendo in a whole, not just the WiiU.

The success of a brand new console will have far more impact on profits than anything else. If the 3DS sales were astronomical (which they're not), you'd have a point, but they aren't, and therefore won't keep the company afloat as such.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

A core gamer is a core gamer whether it be handheld or home console.  Nintendo is nintendo and it is all the gaming market.  

Lol no, just no. When we are talking about the success of a static console, it makes no sense to start talking about handhelds. "A golfer is a golfer whether he's playing 18 holes or crazy golf". Nah dont think so. 

Are we talking about the success of a console or Nintendo because that 1.1 billion dollars will be a part of Nintendo in a whole, not just the WiiU.

Yes but we aren't talking about 1.1 billion dollars. We are talking about 1.1 billion yen (around 11 million dollars)

Mazty said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

The success of a brand new console will have far more impact on profits than anything else. If the 3DS sales were astronomical (which they're not), you'd have a point, but they aren't, and therefore won't keep the company afloat as such.

Not my point.  First you say that 3DS doesn't matter and now you are saying it won't be astronomical enough.  I'm willing to bet that Pokemon X/Y will be the top 3 games this year on a single platform if not the biggest.  That game alone will be the biggest sytem seller of the year.  The only games that are of Pokemon's caliber this year would be Grand Theft Auto V and of ourse Call of Duty.  However they wont be a system seller since they are already on well established consoles.  So yes expect a big spiike for the 3DS this holiday.  Also games like Donkey Kong, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing will help push units.

To answer you, the 3DS will likely be the number 1 selling console this year by a good margin.  The WiiU will also have a boost during the holiday, specially if it gets Mario Kart U and Mariop 3D this holiday.  Yes it may struggle but when you say that the 3DS won't be doing that well you may be wrong because Pokemone is not a small game.  Just to show you what I mean.

1 Pokémon Red / Green / Blue Version GB 1996 Role-Playing Nintendo 11.27 8.89 10.22 1.00 31.37
2 Pokémon Gold / Silver Version GB 1999 Role-Playing Nintendo 9.00 6.18 7.20 0.71 23.10
3 Pokémon Diamond / Pearl Version DS 2006 Role-Playing Nintendo 6.32 4.34 6.04 1.35 18.05
4 Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire Version GBA 2002 Role-Playing Nintendo 6.06 3.90 5.38 0.50 15.85
5 Pokémon Black / White Version DS 2010 Role-Playing Nintendo 5.31 2.81 5.64 0.89 14.65
6 Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition GB 1998 Role-Playing Nintendo 5.89 5.04 3.12 0.59 14.64
7 Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver Version DS 2009 Role-Playing Nintendo 4.20 2.59 3.96 0.77 11.52
8 Pokémon FireRed / LeafGreen Version GBA 2004 Role-Playing Nintendo 4.34 2.65 3.15 0.35 10.49
9 Pokémon Platinum Version DS 2008 Role-Playing Nintendo 2.68 1.62 2.69 0.53 7.52
10 Pokemon Black / White Version 2 DS 2012 Role-Playing Nintendo 2.02 1.10 2.97 0.34 6.44
11 Pokémon Emerald Version GBA 2004 Role-Playing Nintendo 2.57 1.58 2.06 0.21 6.41
12 Pokémon Crystal Version GB 2000 Role-Playing Nintendo 2.55 1.56 1.29 0.99 6.39

Darc Requiem said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

Yes but we aren't talking about 1.1 billion dollars. We are talking about 1.1 billion yen (around 11 million dollars)

No he states in the video 100 billion yen which is around 1.1 billion dollars.  He is going off the top of his head so he may be mistaken.  Somebody would have to actually find the comment by Iwata to see the exact amount.

JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

Not my point.  First you say that 3DS doesn't matter and now you are saying it won't be astronomical enough.  I'm willing to bet that Pokemon X/Y will be the top 3 games this year on a single platform if not the biggest.  That game alone will be the biggest sytem seller of the year.  The only games that are of Pokemon's caliber this year would be Grand Theft Auto V and of ourse Call of Duty.  However they wont be a system seller since they are already on well established consoles.  So yes expect a big spiike for the 3DS this holiday.  Also games like Donkey Kong, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing will help push units.

To answer you, the 3DS will likely be the number 1 selling console this year by a good margin.  The WiiU will also have a boost during the holiday, specially if it gets Mario Kart U and Mariop 3D this holiday.  Yes it may struggle but when you say that the 3DS won't be doing that well you may be wrong because Pokemone is not a small game.  Just to show you what I mean.

1 Pokémon Red / Green / Blue Version GB 1996 Role-Playing Nintendo 11.27 8.89 10.22 1.00 31.37
2 Pokémon Gold / Silver Version GB 1999 Role-Playing Nintendo 9.00 6.18 7.20 0.71 23.10
3 Pokémon Diamond / Pearl Version DS 2006 Role-Playing Nintendo 6.32 4.34 6.04 1.35 18.05
4 Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire Version GBA 2002 Role-Playing Nintendo 6.06 3.90 5.38 0.50 15.85
5 Pokémon Black / White Version DS 2010 Role-Playing Nintendo 5.31 2.81 5.64 0.89 14.65
6 Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition GB 1998 Role-Playing Nintendo 5.89 5.04 3.12 0.59 14.64
7 Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver Version DS 2009 Role-Playing Nintendo 4.20 2.59 3.96 0.77 11.52
8 Pokémon FireRed / LeafGreen Version GBA 2004 Role-Playing Nintendo 4.34 2.65 3.15 0.35 10.49
9 Pokémon Platinum Version DS 2008 Role-Playing Nintendo 2.68 1.62 2.69 0.53 7.52
10 Pokemon Black / White Version 2 DS 2012 Role-Playing Nintendo 2.02 1.10 2.97 0.34 6.44
11 Pokémon Emerald Version GBA 2004 Role-Playing Nintendo 2.57 1.58 2.06 0.21 6.41
12 Pokémon Crystal Version GB 2000 Role-Playing Nintendo 2.55 1.56 1.29 0.99 6.39

The 3DS doesn't matter BECAUSE it's sales won't be astronomical.

Do you really expect one game to carry Nintendo? Fair enough; I can't seee how one game will make 1.1 billion dollars as currently the Wii U is being sold at a lost and sure as hell won't have recouped it's R&D costs. 

Around the Network
Mazty said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

Do you really expect one game to carry Nintendo? Fair enough; I can't seee how one game will make 1.1 billion dollars as currently the Wii U is being sold at a lost and sure as hell won't have recouped it's R&D costs. 

You still don't get my point.  YOu originally said the 3DS didn't count and now you are saying why it won't.  My original statement was that they are both a part of nintendo and since then you have acknowledged that it is all I was saying.  Read my previous posts.  I don't have a prediction at this time, but I do predict pokemon to be in the top 3 games on a single platform this year and I do predict the 3DS to be the number one selling console this year by a wide margin.

As for the WiiU I have no prediction as of this moment.

JayWood2010 said:
theRepublic said:
RicardJulianti said:

I hope he[Pachter] realizes that when Iwata speaks about 1.1 billion, he is speaking in Yen which is only $11million USD. Nintendo might post that overall for the last FY even.

Knowing Pachter, he doesn't realize that at all.

Watch the video.  He does know this.

I learned long ago this guy doesn't deserve the click.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Sometimes I feel like Pachter intentially creates hype in one direction, but the payed advises he gives are total opposite.

kowenicki said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
I like the Sony 70/30 game/multimedia approach... well I expect more 90/10 but I can live with 70/30.

I'm a gamer... not a teenager watching MTV.

If you have 10 games and I have 10 games, but you have 5 tv shows and I have 10.... Who has the better gaming experience? They are equal.

Ratios like this mean jack unless there is context.  More media doesn't have to mean less games. 

Of course you would skew this to favor the NeXbox, even if it doesn't truthfully represent that comment.  What this would mean (and this is also going by both companies track records for the previous couple of years) is that Sony would release, say, 7 exclusives in one year (1-2 of which would be aimed at the casual market), while MS would release 5 exclusives a year (2-3 of which would be aimed at the casual market.)  On the other hand, MS would release, say, 5 apps or multimedia functions to Sony's 3.  Of course, Sony will have all the big ones (Netflix, Twiiter, Facebook, and a much better web browser), so I don't see a few exclusive multimedia apps/functions being a big deciding factor.  It wasn't this gen, either.

@ OP

What is it with Pachter and Skype?  The way he talks about it it sounds like he personally invented it.  Or maybe MS is just paying him to praise it.  Unfortunately for him and his predictions, Skype has been around for 10 years and it has never been, nor will it ever be, a major deciding factor in the purchase of an electronic device.  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice addition, but 100% not necessary.  And who's to say that you won't be able to access Skype or an equivalent through an app or the PS4's web browser.

Also, his statement about it and kids was just hilarious.  Could you imagine a kid 12 years old or younger talking to their parents in a Gamestop.  "Hmm, which system should we get, Johnny?"  "All I know is screw Mario, Zelda, Sackboy, and Nathan Drake, I WANT SKYPE!!"  Sorry, ain't going to happen in a million years.

Lmao.  Your lack of self awareness is hilarious.

All I did was explain how ratios work.  I made no other ccomment.

Then its you that came in and YOU skew this in favour of the PS4 with actual facts about how this will look. Ridiculous. Nobody knows yet. You sound desperate.

Some odd comments too....

"Better browser will of course be on the PS4"? Why? The best current one is on the 360.

Current context for me is telling in a period where Sony has closed studios and MS has been opening new one and recruiting developers all over the place.   Why do you think Sony are kissing 3rd party developers butts at the minute? 

I think he means better than the one PS3 currently has. Anything else would be just hope.

JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

You still don't get my point.  YOu originally said the 3DS didn't count and now you are saying why it won't.  My original statement was that they are both a part of nintendo and since then you have acknowledged that it is all I was saying.  Read my previous posts.  I don't have a prediction at this time, but I do predict pokemon to be in the top 3 games on a single platform this year and I do predict the 3DS to be the number one selling console this year by a wide margin.

As for the WiiU I have no prediction as of this moment.

Lol er dude, ever done a basic science report before? Statement followed by reasoning is hardly something to criticise........Pokemon may sell well. The 3DS may be the best selling handheld this year but ultimately will those two things generate the revenue required? I don't believe they will, and being the best selling "console" (its a handheld, not a static console, ergo bit of a arbitrary comparison) when the others are at the end of their run is hardly anything to be declared as a success, or a successful revenue stream.

As I said, the Wii U currently has R&D costs to recooperate, and is being sold at a lost. Ironically the low sales may help negate the latter part, but low sales will not help with the former.