By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter On Next-Gen. NeXbox and Sony will be a success, WiiU crappy product

Darc Requiem said:
JayWood2010 said:
Darc Requiem said:
JayWood2010 said:
theRepublic said:
RicardJulianti said:

I hope he[Pachter] realizes that when Iwata speaks about 1.1 billion, he is speaking in Yen which is only $11million USD. Nintendo might post that overall for the last FY even.

Knowing Pachter, he doesn't realize that at all.

Watch the video.  He does know this.

Pachter just can't be counted on for reasonable analysis of Nintendo. His Sony and MS analyst isn't much better, but his Nintendo analyst is just plain bad.

I'm not saying he did good or bad.  Time will tell, but we sure can't.    All I'm saying is watch the video because he did state the yen.

I know he did, that's why I said he just can't be relied on for Nintendo analysis. Saying that he doesn't think Nintendo will make 11 million dollars is just plain foolish.

Well  right now it is just people's opinions.  Nintendo has some things going for it like Pokemon and maybe Mario Kart U and Mario 3D this holiday if they come out.  They also have the 3DS which should help them out.  However the WiiU is causing them problems right now and not just because hardware is not selling that well.  The big 3 relies on software to sell to make money and right now 3rd parties are not buying into it.  This leaves Nintendo in a sticky situation where they have to do the work themselves while the casuals have seemingly abandoned them right now.  It could go either way.  Nintendo will see a big boost during the holidays and with Pokemon X/Y but it is hard to say that alone can give them 1.1 billion dollars.  I hope they can but I can't say that is a100% certainty.  

My honest opinion is it really depends on how well the WiiU does this holiday and how much Pokemon X/Y sells.
 and if Mario Kart U with Mario 3D comes this year.  Have to wait til E3

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
pachter pisses me off so much. ARGHHHH. Mark my words nintendo will make a massive comeback. Mark my words

What is a "massive comeback" in your opinion? Considering they have lost core gamers and things like the oculus rift are around the corner, the only way I see Ninty going is portable/software only.

Mazty said:
mii-gamer said:
pachter pisses me off so much. ARGHHHH. Mark my words nintendo will make a massive comeback. Mark my words

What is a "massive comeback" in your opinion? Considering they have lost core gamers and things like the oculus rift are around the corner, the only way I see Ninty going is portable/software only.

Actually they have all the core gamers with the DS (over 140 million) & 3DS (over 30 million & growing).

The Wii U, well this Q4 2K13 we will see the true faith of the Wii Us future.

I wonder who Pachter owes money to for those comments..

JayWood2010 said:
Darc Requiem said:
JayWood2010 said:
Darc Requiem said:
JayWood2010 said:
theRepublic said:
RicardJulianti said:

I hope he[Pachter] realizes that when Iwata speaks about 1.1 billion, he is speaking in Yen which is only $11million USD. Nintendo might post that overall for the last FY even.

Knowing Pachter, he doesn't realize that at all.

Watch the video.  He does know this.

Pachter just can't be counted on for reasonable analysis of Nintendo. His Sony and MS analyst isn't much better, but his Nintendo analyst is just plain bad.

I'm not saying he did good or bad.  Time will tell, but we sure can't.    All I'm saying is watch the video because he did state the yen.

I know he did, that's why I said he just can't be relied on for Nintendo analysis. Saying that he doesn't think Nintendo will make 11 million dollars is just plain foolish.

Well  right now it is just people's opinions.  Nintendo has some things going for it like Pokemon and maybe Mario Kart U and Mario 3D this holiday if they come out.  They also have the 3DS which should help them out.  However the WiiU is causing them problems right now and not just because hardware is not selling that well.  The big 3 relies on software to sell to make money and right now 3rd parties are not buying into it.  This leaves Nintendo in a sticky situation where they have to do the work themselves while the casuals have seemingly abandoned them right now.  It could go either way.  Nintendo will see a big boost during the holidays and with Pokemon X/Y but it is hard to say that alone can give them 1.1 billion dollars.  I hope they can but I can't say that is a100% certainty.  

My honest opinion is it really depends on how well the WiiU does this holiday and how much Pokemon X/Y sells.
 and if Mario Kart U with Mario 3D comes this year.  Have to wait til E3

Don't forget about Animal Crossing: New Leaf this June, that game will sale off the chain in the west, and Hardware sales will go up with it.
And the Wii U has Pikmin 3 & Game and Wario & Wii fit U & Wii U Party by no later then June.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
Mazty said:
mii-gamer said:

Actually they have all the core gamers with the DS (over 140 million) & 3DS (over 30 million & growing).

Lolwut. Core console gamers, not portable gamers.......Different market.

Mazty said:
Kaizar said:
Mazty said:
mii-gamer said:

A core gamer is a core gamer whether it be handheld or home console.  Nintendo is nintendo and it is all the gaming market.  

Mazty said:
Kaizar said:
Mazty said:
mii-gamer said:

contrary to the average forum dweller beliefs. Most consumers don't care about company loyalty. They will look at the value of the product and will speak with their pockets. Just look at how many people jump ships from ps to xbox, people will flock where there are good games.

JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

A core gamer is a core gamer whether it be handheld or home console.  Nintendo is nintendo and it is all the gaming market.  

Lol no, just no. When we are talking about the success of a static console, it makes no sense to start talking about handhelds. "A golfer is a golfer whether he's playing 18 holes or crazy golf". Nah dont think so. 

Mazty said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mazty said:

Lol no, just no. When we are talking about the success of a static console, it makes no sense to start talking about handhelds. "A golfer is a golfer whether he's playing 18 holes or crazy golf". Nah dont think so. 

Are we talking about the success of a console or Nintendo because that 1.1 billion dollars will be a part of Nintendo in a whole, not just the WiiU.