By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - More Details on Always-Online Xbox Revealed

Nsanity said:
Otakumegane said:
Nsanity said:
Otakumegane said:
Do you think that Sony will market this?

I for one hope they market the crap out of it. More people need to know about this garbage of a setup.

Market what exactly?

I guess that part where they don't require online.

You do know this is still a rumour until Microsoft confirms it right?

Way too many rumors popping up left and right to say that this ain't happening. Microsoft are corporate demons when it comes to consumers anyhow.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

I wouldn't be surprised if they use something like steam, that ties CD keys to your account, and you can move the account to multiple xbox's, etc. But essentially eliminating used game sales.

Always online, and forcing it to be online all the time wouldn't have a chance at working imo. As this would cause too many issues with people with screwy internet connections and issues of getting dropped midgame.

2 months after the release nobody will care if its always on or not.

My PC is always on and connected, my 360 e always connected to the internet, my PS3 is always connected, my iPhone is always on and always connected...

I want this rumor to be true. Gaming have to evolve.

Dark_Feanor said:

My PC is always on and connected, my 360 e always connected to the internet, my PS3 is always connected, my iPhone is always on and always connected...

2 months after release xbox will be dead if this is true.

theprof00 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

If they're doing this (always on), it's because they will ban used games, there's really no other reason to require an online connection to run a game but to enforce DRM policies. If that's their whole plan then I really think they're in for very turbulent times.

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
theprof00 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

If they're doing this (always on), it's because they will ban used games, there's really no other reason to require an online connection to run a game but to enforce DRM policies. If that's their whole plan then I really think they're in for very turbulent times.

Yes, but that's a big if. I believe this whole farce is simply to draw attention away from playstation and focus on things that MS knows will turn out false in the end. This is too convenient.

Adam Orth may start looking for a new job, because this is starting to spread like wild fire:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/05/always-on-deal-with-it-says-microsoft-creative-director/

http://www.cnet.com.au/xboxs-adam-orth-doesnt-get-always-on-concerns-339343874.htm

http://gematsu.com/2013/04/microsoft-creative-director-defends-always-online

http://stickskills.com/2013/04/04/microsoft-studios-creative-director-defends-always-online-xbox-720/

Why would Microsoft want to shoot themselves in the foot? Especially when the competition is breathing down their necks?

If these rumors become facts, then say goodbye to the Xbox brand, because there is no way in hell they would survive with all this crap.

Dark_Feanor said:

Exactly. Every device at my home is always on - TV, Receiver, Bluray-Player, 360, netbook, PC, file-server, smartphone, tablet...

theprof00 said:
They must be deciding at the moment whether to do it or not and are measuring the response via this "innocent tweet" as they'll later call it. MS has smart marketing department. They know what they're doing. This all smells like a set up to me.

I doubt it, or else why would he have locked his account once he found out his tweets were showing up on NeoGAF? Just to be convincing?

I don't see how Microsoft having a smart marketing department leads you to believe they'd orchestrate something this stupid.