By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "April's next Xbox announcement "pushed back a month"

M.U.G.E.N said:
MS clearly wasn't ready..better do a proper unveiling when they are

MS sent Devkits out before Sony, they're just bididng their time if anything. A multi announce/release seems more likely than them not being ready.

My body is ready.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Chark said:

Are they having those issues right now? I thought those cleared up end of last year. Maybe this is where Sony is putting the money they saved by going x86 and having AMD do Microsoft Beastie Boys's sytle. SABOTAGE! lol

No, but really I'm starting to doubt what MS is actually going to have hardware wise and I'm pissed we might have to wait longer for a reveal. The damage from PS4's reveal hasn't even fully settled yet. GDC just ended. Another month delay, another month of steady next gen reveals that won't say Xbox3 on them. Who knows if this will matter in hind sight, but right now MS is missing out on everything while Sony is dancing in the streets. I hope they don't think that Fall and the holidays are the only times people pay attention to gaming.

I do not understand this type of thinking.  Sony did not even show you a console but some how you believe they are on track to have it mass produced by November.  On the other hand, MS doesnt give out any info on what they are doing and suddenly they have issues, problems ect. Why would you be pissed that MS doesn't want to show their competition their hand until they are ready.  Why should MS show their hand early because Sony wanted to get the jump on marketing.  The thing is, if both consoles are coming out in November, it doesn't matter if MS reveal it in April, May or at E3.  They evidently have a plan and nothing that Sony has done has made them change it.  

What would be a difference is if MS actually have a working final product running actual games at their press event instead of games running behind the scenes using a PC.  This gives more credence of what the system can do then a press event that really did not say alot.  I would love for MS to reveal the nextbox now but I can easily wait until E3.  As I have noticed, its not who starts first but who can successfuly execute their stragety that wins the day.

First off showing the actual console case means nothing, second they are planning a launch for this year's holiday so yes, why wouldn't someone believe that. The games are running on PS4 hardware regardless of the box that will be shipped to consumers, don't be fooled. Though I might agree showing the final console style would have been nice it doesn't change what it is inside, and maybe, maybe they can get more hype by holding off the look till a later date, and if not they seem to be doing a damn good job regardless.

The issues isn't MS not announcing right now, the issue is MS not annoucing while Sony takes advantage of the spotlight. Each day that goes by and each next gen game announcement that has been dying to announce gives the PS4 more press. It isn't as much as when they announce as it does "when" they announce, and delaying it is just exasperating the situation they are in. But as I said maybe it isn't a big deal in the long run, but it sure seems like a big deal in the here and now. Perhaps it is better to announce when things quite down...if they do. Their competition is getting all the press and no one can mention Xbox 3 at all. That itself is an issue. Why MS would give Sony time like this is beyond me. Hell, MS could have an awesome console but believe me, they aren't doing themselves any favors.

Well you know, all that but I really really want to know. It's killing me.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

MaxwellAllen said:
If this is true it clearly proves that microsoft was caught off guard by the PS4 specs. There is no way they should be keeping this silent for this long, post PS4 reveal. Unless of coarse they are being forced to beef up their hardware in response to the PS4 announcement.

The only reason 360 had it's sales lead was the obvious early release. This time around we're seeing how microsoft handles a competitive launch window and of coarse a coherent Sony. This time around microsoft isn't getting 'lucky' and we see what's happening lol.

Why is microsoft allowing Sony to garner this much positive press and continue riding this wave of media love? Because they either have an amazing gimmick to sell their console, OR they were caught completely off guard and don't have anything that sets them apart from Sony's PS4. I think the latter is the truth.

The 360 actually needed that headstart on Sony because the PS2 was the beast.  This gen is different because MS was able to make the 360 a household name and thus sits very well with MS releasing their console at the same time. 

What I do not understand is why people feel MS has to knee jerk respond to Sony reveal.  Before Sony reveal, it was rumored that MS reveal would be in April.  If this rumor was correct would it not look desperate for MS to change their plans to announce something in respond.  How can MS be caught off guard if they already have a plan and is just sticking to it. These consoles will not be coming out until November, which is plenty of time to get your message out and counter your competition.

usually in business if you are able to force your competitor to reveal their stragety first then you have the advantage.  Case in point would be the 360.  MS Had to get it to market first because going up against the PS brand at the same time would not end well.

ironmanDX said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

MS sent Devkits out before Sony, they're just bididng their time if anything. A multi announce/release seems more likely than them not being ready.

My body is ready.

Sending dev kits early means absolutely nothing when not being prepared for a reveal in April (dev kits change, issues come up etc). I'm guessing sony reveal caught them off guard. But yep waiting until they properly ready for a reveal is the best way to go

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Chark said:
Machiavellian said:
Chark said:

Are they having those issues right now? I thought those cleared up end of last year. Maybe this is where Sony is putting the money they saved by going x86 and having AMD do Microsoft Beastie Boys's sytle. SABOTAGE! lol

No, but really I'm starting to doubt what MS is actually going to have hardware wise and I'm pissed we might have to wait longer for a reveal. The damage from PS4's reveal hasn't even fully settled yet. GDC just ended. Another month delay, another month of steady next gen reveals that won't say Xbox3 on them. Who knows if this will matter in hind sight, but right now MS is missing out on everything while Sony is dancing in the streets. I hope they don't think that Fall and the holidays are the only times people pay attention to gaming.

I do not understand this type of thinking.  Sony did not even show you a console but some how you believe they are on track to have it mass produced by November.  On the other hand, MS doesnt give out any info on what they are doing and suddenly they have issues, problems ect. Why would you be pissed that MS doesn't want to show their competition their hand until they are ready.  Why should MS show their hand early because Sony wanted to get the jump on marketing.  The thing is, if both consoles are coming out in November, it doesn't matter if MS reveal it in April, May or at E3.  They evidently have a plan and nothing that Sony has done has made them change it.  

What would be a difference is if MS actually have a working final product running actual games at their press event instead of games running behind the scenes using a PC.  This gives more credence of what the system can do then a press event that really did not say alot.  I would love for MS to reveal the nextbox now but I can easily wait until E3.  As I have noticed, its not who starts first but who can successfuly execute their stragety that wins the day.

First off showing the actual console case means nothing, second they are planning a launch for this year's holiday so yes, why wouldn't someone believe that. The games are running on PS4 hardware regardless of the box that will be shipped to consumers, don't be fooled. Though I might agree showing the final console style would have been nice it doesn't change what it is inside, and maybe, maybe they can get more hype by holding off the look till a later date, and if not they seem to be doing a damn good job regardless.

The issues isn't MS not announcing right now, the issue is MS not annoucing while Sony takes advantage of the spotlight. Each day that goes by and each next gen game announcement that has been dying to announce gives the PS4 more press. It isn't as much as when they announce as it does "when" they announce, and delaying it is just exasperating the situation they are in. But as I said maybe it isn't a big deal in the long run, but it sure seems like a big deal in the here and now. Perhaps it is better to announce when things quite down...if they do. Their competition is getting all the press and no one can mention Xbox 3 at all. That itself is an issue. Why MS would give Sony time like this is beyond me. Hell, MS could have an awesome console but believe me, they aren't doing themselves any favors.

Well you know, all that but I really really want to know. It's killing me.

First off I said showing a WORKING console with games playing on it not a PC in the background.  What would MS gain by a knee jerk reaction to the PS4 reveal.  When neither product will be out until late November what does it matter if the PS4 has the spotlight now.  Once MS reveal the nextbox everything resets.  Either MS will be able to demo a console that either competes or exceed the PS4 or it will not.  There will be plenty of media coverage, breakdown of features, hardware and software specs for anyone to make a decision on what system they want.

It does not look like MS. Is losing out on anything because it seems people are looking for any info.  When MS does make there reveal, it probably will have more people tuned in because people, new sites will want to see their answer.  It seems to me that there is so much hype to see what MS response to Sony than what Sony is doing. 

Around the Network

Might as well just show it at E3 at this point. It'll let them go all out with it too. Specs, price, launch titles, you name it.

M.U.G.E.N said:
ironmanDX said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

My body is ready.

Sending dev kits early means absolutely nothing when not being prepared for a reveal in April (dev kits change, issues come up etc). I'm guessing sony reveal caught them off guard. But yep waiting until they properly ready for a reveal is the best way to go

I figure out whatever time MS reply,half hour later or 50 years later,some people will still say "sony reveal caught them off guard."

So why don't just say"i hope they never announce anything"?lol

slowmo said:
Why is it the only people desperate for news is the Sony fans on the site. Microsoft themselves stated they weren't worried about the PS4 announcement. I think some people are going to be eating humble pie when they see the feature set on the Next box. I guarantee Sony will be copying features for years again next gen. There is no reason to announce until they're ready, the PS4 hype is done for now until E3 anyway.

Thats called PR and Sony would do the same. Of course Microsoft is worried about what Sony offers and they are probably adding something last minute in with this delay.

lol worried

BenVTrigger said:
They've added power to the box

I guarantee it

I've thinking the same thing forever now, there's simply no way they'd actually go through with 1.2tflop GPU rumour AFTER the PS4, the 1.84 is frankly already budget enough.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've decided to opt for a downclocked 8970m that would probably be released at the end of the year since the PS4 GPU is basically a downclocked 7970m, it couldn't cost that much more longterm.

And frankly, there's a part of me that expects Sony to follow suit, and leave us with two consoles that are literally the same under the hood.