By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "April's next Xbox announcement "pushed back a month"

May 21 he said

Around the Network
benao87 said:
I'm still thinking on a 2013 release and selling more than competition on holidays.

In America, YES. Japan and Europe and rest of world = No way,

NeilStrauss said:
benao87 said:
I'm still thinking on a 2013 release and selling more than competition on holidays.

In America, YES. Japan and Europe and rest of world = No way,

Certainly, but that market will probably give them the edge to have the most sales WW.

Max King of the Wild said:
Not good for sales2099's theory

What's his theory?

This can be good news for the Micro field. Better put the pieces together properly than to rush announcement.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
teigaga said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I think May was when MS announced the Xbox 360 on MTV and that worked out pretty damn good for them. But this guy is a tech blogger so it's not an official statement from MS. I doubt he would tweet it unless he trusted his source so he's probably right, but I'm going to consider it as much of a rumor as the April rumor.

The 360 had a weak launch though, with very little hype. Its what they did from late 2006 onwards which was good...

Actually the low sales was due to market uncertainty.  People were holding off buying until they saw what Nintendo and Sony were offering, and when they finally did release, it took another year before sales took off.

I think they should push up to a week before E3.

Man, I love MS so much. Almost as much as they truely love gaming and their fans!!

delaying an announcement is better than rushing one, I'm patient I can wait another month ;)

M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:

Thats the thing, Im not so sure its releasing this year

I honestly don't think that's a smart thing to do

And I agree with you

But Ive heard some things.....i dont know if its still coming this year.

If this is true it clearly proves that microsoft was caught off guard by the PS4 specs. There is no way they should be keeping this silent for this long, post PS4 reveal. Unless of coarse they are being forced to beef up their hardware in response to the PS4 announcement.

The only reason 360 had it's sales lead was the obvious early release. This time around we're seeing how microsoft handles a competitive launch window and of coarse a coherent Sony. This time around microsoft isn't getting 'lucky' and we see what's happening lol.

Why is microsoft allowing Sony to garner this much positive press and continue riding this wave of media love? Because they either have an amazing gimmick to sell their console, OR they were caught completely off guard and don't have anything that sets them apart from Sony's PS4. I think the latter is the truth.