By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "April's next Xbox announcement "pushed back a month"

BenVTrigger said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:

Thats the thing, Im not so sure its releasing this year

I honestly don't think that's a smart thing to do

And I agree with you

But Ive heard some things.....i dont know if its still coming this year.

0.o

..has benVTrigger ever been wrong yet?  not that i remember.

Around the Network
MaxwellAllen said:
If this is true it clearly proves that microsoft was caught off guard by the PS4 specs. There is no way they should be keeping this silent for this long, post PS4 reveal. Unless of coarse they are being forced to beef up their hardware in response to the PS4 announcement.

The only reason 360 had it's sales lead was the obvious early release. This time around we're seeing how microsoft handles a competitive launch window and of coarse a coherent Sony. This time around microsoft isn't getting 'lucky' and we see what's happening lol.

Why is microsoft allowing Sony to garner this much positive press and continue riding this wave of media love? Because they either have an amazing gimmick to sell their console, OR they were caught completely off guard and don't have anything that sets them apart from Sony's PS4. I'm think the latter is the truth.

I wish they would do another viral campaign that leads to a Pre-E3 announcement like they did with the Xbox 360

kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:

And I agree with you

0.o

Im not saying 100 percent for sure its not. It very well could be this year.

Im just saying I have heard some things. Things I wont elaborate on that do bring into question whether the Nextbox is this year

BenVTrigger said:
kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:

And I agree with you

0.o

Im not saying 100 percent for sure its not. It very well could be this year.

Im just saying I have heard some things. Things I wont elaborate on that do bring into question whether the Nextbox is this year

oh, i never took away from that any certainly about 2014.  i saw the non-committal part of your post.  i just mean, i've never seen you make a BS comment/prediction/whatever.  i guess what i'm saying is a trust you have good reason to question the nextbox release even if you don't elaborate.

A whole lot of wishful thinking in this thread.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:

And I agree with you

damn...somebody hold sales2099 if that happens

what else you hearing man? :P spill some beans

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I think we all need to calm down for a moment. Nothing major happened.

There is a rumor (!!!) about a possible reveal in April and some guy on the internet said that a RUMORED (!!!) reveal was pushed back 3-4 weeks (!!!).
This does not mean anything. Nothing about specs, securing 3rd party exclusives or a later release date.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

BenVTrigger said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:
eFKac said:
BenVTrigger said:
They've added power to the box

I guarantee it

Well I don't know if it would be that good. Changing specs in the last second may frustrate 3rd parties and another RROD debacle is in the air.

1.  Adding power wouldnt piss off developers, in fact they would love it.  They can add power without changing the fundamental architecture

2.  It wouldnt be "last minute" as any hardware couldve been in development for months and theres still nearly a year before console release

MS has billions of dollars in cash.  If they want to add power they can

Outside of things like RAM amount I doubt they can make any 'significant' changes without causing a delay. I can see a RAM amount increase. Not the type just the amount. 

He has a point. MS is stalling. Sony must've done something right. I am pretty sure MS will launch this year. Microsoft does not want to leave Sony with a holiday 2013 window. Their whole goal is to take Sonys marketshare so thats not wise. It would ruin all they built with the 360 which is basically to be as close to Sonys offerings as possible which also means...don't let them breathe.

MaxwellAllen said:
If this is true it clearly proves that microsoft was caught off guard by the PS4 specs. There is no way they should be keeping this silent for this long, post PS4 reveal. Unless of coarse they are being forced to beef up their hardware in response to the PS4 announcement.

The only reason 360 had it's sales lead was the obvious early release. This time around we're seeing how microsoft handles a competitive launch window and of coarse a coherent Sony. This time around microsoft isn't getting 'lucky' and we see what's happening lol.

Why is microsoft allowing Sony to garner this much positive press and continue riding this wave of media love? Because they either have an amazing gimmick to sell their console, OR they were caught completely off guard and don't have anything that sets them apart from Sony's PS4. I think the latter is the truth.

Microsoft (if) respond early:"microsoft was caught off guard by the PS4 specs"

Now

Microsoft (if) respond later:"microsoft was caught off guard by the PS4 specs"

lol

Why is it the only people desperate for news is the Sony fans on the site. Microsoft themselves stated they weren't worried about the PS4 announcement. I think some people are going to be eating humble pie when they see the feature set on the Next box. I guarantee Sony will be copying features for years again next gen. There is no reason to announce until they're ready, the PS4 hype is done for now until E3 anyway.