By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Face-Off: BioShock Infinite

Tagged games:

This was console lead on PS3. Irrational Games stated by getting the code to run well across multiple processors on PS3 would mean a more efficient code on the 360 and PC as well.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/12/irrational-games-next-project-coming-to-ps3-first-video-and-ken-levine-qa/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/08/09/bioshock-infinite-qa-ken-levines-playstation-moves/

The differences are minor though with 360 having a lot less screen tear and higher res shadows but with a framerate penalty while PS3 get's faster texture streaming, better texture filtering, better frame rate but at the cost of more screen tear due to a more liberal use of adaptive v-sync.

Around the Network

Just the fact the PS3 runs smoothness and have better response makes my day.

For gameplay "The more responsive PS3 game gets the nod for delivering a more consistent, flowing gameplay experience."

For 360 owners, install the game. No framerate issues at all. Its best best version on consoles.

Mr Puggsly said:
PC looks a lot sharper but not a world of difference.

I second this notion.

foodfather said:
For 360 owners, install the game. No framerate issues at all. Its best best version on consoles.

Not when the PS3 have the most responsive controls during intense fire fights where quick reactions count.

That is the DF conclusion "The more responsive PS3 game gets the nod for delivering a more consistent, flowing gameplay experience. The addition of tearing isn't particularly attractive, but the extra controller response is preferable during intense combat scenes."

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
PC >>> PS3 > 360

unless you like screen tearing...

there is bugger all in it as usual these days for PS3 and 360.

I prefer better gameplay even with some screen tearing... smoothness and responsive... what do you prefer?

Of course the best of the world is better gameplay and no screen tearing... PC.

As expected really. No shocks.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It really is a nice looking game, except for the character models. Their giant dead staring eyes creep me out.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

ethomaz said:
foodfather said:

Not when the PS3 have the most responsive controls during intense fire fights where quick reactions count.

That is the DF conclusion "The more responsive PS3 game gets the nod for delivering a more consistent, flowing gameplay experience. The addition of tearing isn't particularly attractive, but the extra controller response is preferable during intense combat scenes."

Sadly they didn't tell us if they installed the game on 360. I remember some comparisons from lensoftruth.com where this also happened ("360-version has worse textures").

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:
foodfather said:

Sadly they didn't tell us if they installed the game on 360. I remember some comparisons from lensoftruth.com where this also happened ("360-version has worse textures").

To do a fair comparison they wouldn't install it. They have to see it working in a way that can suit everyone. No everyone has a hdd to install multiple games on the 360 were the ps3 comes with bigger hdd's to make up for the mandatory installs on most if not all games this late into the gen. I installed mine at it runs well. I get very minor frame rate issues and even used it on unlocked frame rate option in the settings for a decent amount of the game towards the end. I find it better to install newer game because of how much they push the hardware this late into the gen.