By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Face-Off: BioShock Infinite

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
PC >>> PS3 > 360

thanks for the SHORT summary.

Glad I started the franchise on PS3, meanng I can contine it on PS3 lol.

on a side note I also got the first two on steam. LOVE THOSE STEAM HOLIDAY SALES LOL.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Slightly off topic. What are the system requirements to run this on max settings? I've been thinking about getting this or Tomb Raider for PC, but if I can't run either at max settings, I might as well get them both for PS3.

My laptop can run it on max (Ultra), but it can sometimes dip into the low 20's in terms of fps, so I set it to high on everything and get a smooth 55-60fps and looks and runs better than the PS3 version. If I run it on very high I can get it to sit at a stable 30fps like you get on the PS3. The graphics difference isn't exactly mind blowing, but rather the textures and stuff look crisp and not blurry.

I compared them yesterday.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

trasharmdsister12 said:
Lawlight said:
Anyone mind posting a screenshot of how the pc version looks like because I'm not seeing the "full generation leap" over the PS3 version.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5239213

There's a bunch of my personal shots. When I get more time to play I'll be taking more. Depending on the browser you can right click and view them at full size, though the game's built in AA solution is kinda lame so I'll be trying some other alternatives when I get back to it.

EDIT: I think a lot of the "next-gen looking" talk has to also do with seeing it in motion. The DDoF makes a difference in motion with the nuances of color and focus changing dynamically and somewhat realistically for a change. Though personally I just love the art and don't care about this "current gen" vs "next gen" comparison.

I used to be in the that boat, where I looked at screen shots and thought "Ah, that's not a big difference".

Now that I finally (After like 5 years!) got a new computer with some decent specs I can easily see the difference once everything is in motion and running crisp.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

trasharmdsister12 said:

Euphoria14 said:

I used to be in the that boat, where I looked at screen shots and thought "Ah, that's not a big difference".

Now that I finally (After like 5 years!) got a new computer with some decent specs I can easily see the difference once everything is in motion and running crisp.

Oh, I can see the differences on a technical level. And I can even lay them out here in technical terms. I just wish not to get into a discussion/argument with people here as a) I don't have the time to spend on debating such things when I barely have time to play and b) most here aren't interested in learning as much as they are finding analyses, opinions, and members that support their stance in order to create group-think and popular opinion and to propagate it as fact.

I know there's a fair difference between the PC and console versions on a static technical level, but it's the dynamic side that makes the PC version pop with life to me personally.

I notice that with the lighting in many PC games now. Especially when I put some mods on Skyrim.

Currently playing:

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
Lawlight said:
Anyone mind posting a screenshot of how the pc version looks like because I'm not seeing the "full generation leap" over the PS3 version.

There's a bunch of my personal shots. When I get more time to play I'll be taking more. Depending on the browser you can right click and view them at full size, though the game's built in AA solution is kinda lame so I'll be trying some other alternatives when I get back to it.

EDIT: I think a lot of the "next-gen looking" talk has to also do with seeing it in motion. The DDoF makes a difference in motion with the nuances of color and focus changing dynamically and somewhat realistically for a change. Though personally I just love the art and don't care about this "current gen" vs "next gen" comparison.

Welcome to the club, bub!

I am not a full fledged member of the club though.

I play all my PC games with a 360 controller.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
PC >>> PS3 > 360

Of course it is... I don't think you would post it if it wasn't PS3>360

Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
Lawlight said:

Mouse+Keyboard isn't suitable for every type of games on PC anymore. =P

Play Batman Arkham City or Tomb Raider with that setup... Urg!

pezus said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I play many of my PC games now with a PS3 controller

Noob.

360 controller gots the analog thing going on! That shit's hardcore!

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
pezus said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I play many of my PC games now with a PS3 controller

Noob.

360 controller gots the analog thing going on! That shit's hardcore!

I prefer the 360 controller to play FPS and TPS games but for Action, Plataform, Fight and Racing the PS3 controller is better.

Mr Puggsly said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I don't like screen tear or performance drops. Hopefully both the PS3 and 360 will get patches to help with the issues. Screen tear is annoying as hell.

I'm playing the 360 version and I didn't really notice any screen tear.

There is an option to have v-sync and that gives a performance hit, but I'm fine leaving that off.

I played the Xbox 360 version extensively covering all side quests from start to finish and experienced maybe 3 instances of slowdown across upwards of 20 hours of gameplay.

However, there were a couple of Vigors I didnt play around with, so it is conceptually possible that those specific vigors increase slowdown.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS