By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo becoming software only in the home console market. Would it effect you or the industry?

No. I like Nintendo's consoles. It would also be devilish if Nintendo went third party, we all know what would happen... they would take up all teh saelz.

Around the Network

Not, I wouldn't.
Nintendo make unique hardware with interesting interfaces which their best games typically put to creative use.
They might also lose their spark in the transition to third party, like Sega did, and the industry would then lose its greatest game maker.

no-nintendos ip's are too strong.Nintendo software-only=destroying diversity.Most developers and publishers will be ruined as even old Nintendo games released as HD would outsell most other games without any problems taking most of the market shares and only remaining survivors would be EA(crap)activision(crap) and Nintendo(tired of playing their old ip's)-worst case to have only the choice between endless sports games and stupid shooters and Nintendo candy style games
only Sony remaining with some intetessting ip's and maybe microsoft when they leave the kinect path.that's no good for gamers.

nintendo should keep on making hardware,15-25% less market share in handheld gaming and 15-25% more in
consoles for healthy competition

Nope. It would never happen anyway. Google or Apple or Samsung or Disney would simply step in and offer to make Nintendo more hardware.

Nintendo can get divorced, but lets not make a mistake here, they are still a Victora Secret model, maybe one in her 30s, but she's still going to have no problem finding some rich billionaire to shack up with if she wants.

curl-6 said:
and the industry would then lose its greatest game maker.

That is a very opinionated opinion.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

I swear this topic has already been brought up very recently

Can this topic please stop being raised? It's not going to happen, people. Just buy a damn Nintendo console if you want to play their games so badly. It's funny how so many people refuse to spend $200-$300 on a Nintendo console, yet many of these same people have no qualms about forking out $100 for the Halo 4 limited edition with the free weapon skin and plastic Master Chief action figure.

No I wouldn't, Nintendo is one of the reasons I still game

Metallicube said:

Can this topic please stop being raised? It's not going to happen, people. Just buy a damn Nintendo console if you want to play their games so badly. It's funny how so many people refuse to spend $200-$300 on a Nintendo console, yet many of these same people have no qualms about forking out $100 for the Halo 4 limited edition with the free weapon skin and plastic Master Chief action figure.

I already own a WiiU and 3DS.  I still see problems with the WiiU regardless that I own it and Im not going to defend it when they are making mistakes like this.  I can't buy nintendo games if they are not releasing them on a regular basis.  The lack of 3rd parties has made my WiiU useless while I wait for the next Nintendo title to be released whenever they decide to release something.

I say yes ONLY if their ability to make good games isn't diminished at all.

Like if they have to lay off people during the transition nooooooo.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)