By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Are we in the dark ages? MODS WTF?

blaydcor said:
Forums are essentially a dialogue/conversation; it's not uncommon for people in a real life conversation to reply with simply a one word reply. As such, this "rule" is incredibly stupid. Consider.

Friend:I think that Brawl will be awesome
Me:True.
Other Friend:DUDE!! You're spamming!! You have to answer with at least more that one word!!

I mean, seriously.

o dear i want too QFT that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
some mods use their power for the darkside

Can't blame them...

This is my old account; I made it an "evil" account for fun
Everyone has a dark side...

EXACTLY blaydcor. That is my point. Sometimes a short reply is valid. Then sometimes there are definite spamming like Leo-J did that started this whole spam rule issue by DKII in the first place. Two completely different things.

Now, we have abuses like today where weezy gets banned for a relevant picture.

Also, as some of you pointed out a PM is usually the best policy in disagreements with mods. However, I am not calling out the mod that banned weezy, even though I know who it is. I am only using this as an example of why this spam rule needs to be better defined. I believe that takes our whole community, not just mods.

kirby007 said:
blaydcor said:
Forums are essentially a dialogue/conversation; it's not uncommon for people in a real life conversation to reply with simply a one word reply. As such, this "rule" is incredibly stupid. Consider.

Other Friend:DUDE!! You're spamming!! You have to answer with at least more that one word!!

I mean, seriously.

QFT meaning Quoted for Truth

see, I did it, avoiding the ban, adhering to rules and NOT adding any content.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

superchunk said:
Munkeh111 said:
You are very right, although generally it is better to expand on something like QFT rather than just write that and nothing else

Why? The whole point of QFT is that you agree 100% with post and could not say it better. Therefore you quote it so that post is brought to the forefront of the consversation.

It makes no sense to say I completely agree with you and well just to fill in some words I'm going to put on some extra rubbish. 

QFT does not meen 100% true, it just means mostly true, though there may be some things you don't quite agree with

Around the Network

Yeah, it should be more of a common sense ban and not just a ban for a single thing they see as spam, if someone posts 5 or more spam posts a day then yes they should get a spam ban, just like if someone might not be spamming but saying something really illogical or plain stupid and just inciting flaming they should get a 1 day ban for that, but a picture is worth a thousand words and therefore not spam at all. QFT and other things could be accompanied by I totally agree or LOL your post is hilarious, just to make your point clear that your opinion really is you think its funny, if you want to get really strict on the whole "QFT" "LOL" "LMAO" and so on.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I don't want SSJ12 to change his style, and I will stick by him. DKII made this rule. For those that don't know, DK is ioi's second in command. This is something that needs to be taken up with DK. Don't bash SSJ because of his rules.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Munkeh111 said:
superchunk said:
Munkeh111 said:
You are very right, although generally it is better to expand on something like QFT rather than just write that and nothing else

Why? The whole point of QFT is that you agree 100% with post and could not say it better. Therefore you quote it so that post is brought to the forefront of the consversation.

It makes no sense to say I completely agree with you and well just to fill in some words I'm going to put on some extra rubbish.

QFT does not meen 100% true, it just means mostly true, though there may be some things you don't quite agree with

When I use QFT, I fit my definition. But yours did not. Therefore there is a right time and place for everything. There should be no reason why I am forced to put a few pointless words when all I mean was "QFT"!!

kirby007 said:
blaydcor said:

I mean, seriously.

well the next time you could type QFT and what the letters stand for

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Riot Of The Blood said:
I don't want SSJ12 to change his style, and I will stick by him. DKII made this rule. For those that don't know, DK is ioi's second in command. This is something that needs to be taken up with DK. Don't bash SSJ because of his rules.

DKII made the rule, you're right. My bad. erase ssj12's name above and replace all with DKII. sorry.