By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Are we in the dark ages? MODS WTF?

"fixed, because that series rocks"

Thanks, dude. I always forget how to spell his name.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Wojtas said:
DmeisterJ said about not giving a hard time to mods here, well frankly if mods are going to act like ssj12 did in weezy's case, than i think i should do anything but cut them some slack. Stupid rules do not help forums function better, they only make people feel annoyed, plus these rules are uneffective. I say that ssj12 undoes the ban and as for the other mods, remember about common sense, as it is clear that ssj12 forgot about it today.

DKII! He is the second in command. He is the Zechs to ioi's Traze. The Azula to ioi's Ozai. When he makes a rule, ssj12 has no choice but to inforce it.

Listen, the world is not A==>B type. It has never been and will never be whenever it shall concern human relations. DKII may be second in command, but that doesn't make his words and decisions the only truth. If something seems wrong why go on with it instead of correcting it. First rule in legislature? do not enforce cripple laws. The same should apply for the internet as far as i'm concerned. 

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

rocketpig said:
Chunk, I see your point and respect you as a poster. But you have to know that while your initial post may not have been a "berate the mod" post, you have to realize that with the rampant moderator bashing that goes on in this forum, it would quickly descend into a shitfest directed at the moderators.

And people just don't seem to realize that attacking someone openly is not the way to get the point across.

Very true, however, I cannot control what others do and that does not take away from my specified intent, which was to openly discuss this spam rule.

I just ask that others do not derail my thread into a mod bash. I only pulled weezy's recent experience as an example of why we need a more defined approach to this.

I hope ioi,  dkii and the other high counsel mods can appreciate that and present a more concrete answer besides what is already vaguely mentioned.

Wojtas said:
rocketpig said:
Guys, this isn't the way to accomplish anything. Starting a thread and publicly embarrassing a mod is not going to get your point across and will only create more hostility on the board.

I won't state my personal feelings about this new spam rule but if you have a problem with a certain moderator, PM the moderator in question and if you don't get a response you feel is fair, go to DKII, ioi, Ben, or Stof. They're the head guys around here and will surely hear your case out fairly and appropriately.
Awww c'mon RocketPig, you know very well that making a problem official is the best way for forum users without mod/admin powers to protect themselves against repression. Not implying here that anyone is repressing anyone, but this new spam rule is just plain dumb. And that has to be said very clearly. Furthermore taking that rule too far(like in Weezy's case) is only going to generate specific reactions such as this.

I understand that many of you do not like this spam rule but realize that ssj didn't make the rule, DKII did. And we have to listen to what DKII tells us to do. We're not nomadic gunslingers here, we fuck up and there is a chain of command to keep us in line.

My point is that taking issues like this public is not the way to accomplish the intended goal. When forced into a corner, a group of people (in this case, the moderators) will group together and defend each other, even if some in the group think the stance might be wrong. It's human nature.

Like I said, if you have a problem with this stuff, PM the person you have a specific problem with. If you don't get the response you desire, go over his/her head and to one of the super mods. That's why things are organized the way they are. Public bashing isn't going to win over the hearts and minds of the people in charge. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I agree, If it becomes obvious that someone is posting mindless babble to increase post count than give him a VERBAL warning. Then do a 1 day ban, if it persist make each ban a tad longer. But, however is someone typically is a good poster, they should not be run off.... I am sure ioi does not want the people dedicated to his site to be banned for stupid stuff.

If someone is just trying to pad their post count and you warn them, then lower their post count and approporiate amount. If you make spamming counter productive less people will do it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
Wojtas said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Wojtas said:
DmeisterJ said about not giving a hard time to mods here, well frankly if mods are going to act like ssj12 did in weezy's case, than i think i should do anything but cut them some slack. Stupid rules do not help forums function better, they only make people feel annoyed, plus these rules are uneffective. I say that ssj12 undoes the ban and as for the other mods, remember about common sense, as it is clear that ssj12 forgot about it today.

DKII! He is the second in command. He is the Zechs to ioi's Traze. The Azula to ioi's Ozai. When he makes a rule, ssj12 has no choice but to inforce it.

Listen, the world is not A==>B type. It has never been and will never be whenever it shall concern human relations. DKII may be second in command, but that doesn't make his words and decisions the only truth. If something seems wrong why go on with it instead of correcting it. First rule in legislature? do not enforce cripple laws. The same should apply for the internet as far as i'm concerned. 

I hate to sound rude but this isn't a democracy. This is ioi's domain and he can do whatever he pleases with it. If ioi says "jump", we jump. Same goes for DK, stof, and ben (and you bastards better not come in here and tell me to jump). 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I think getting banned for just putting up a picture is ridiculous. The Mods seem to do a good job, but isn't that a little harsh. If it was relavant to the thread, He definatly should not have been banned. I think a new set of rules from ioi should be devised and approved by all mods, and the majority of the community here at vgchartz. Then enforce them.

(I know ioi is usually busy, but should definatly think about it)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Only other thing I want to say about this, coming from someone who hates spam and I like all the Mods here at VGC it is a very good gaming community, basically if you can have a forum talking about spam and spammers and bring that problem up openly, we should also be able to voice our opinions on a spam rule, both types of posts lead to the "who did it" subject as usually posts on spammers leads to people like Leo-j with high post counts and pointless posts, when you talk about rules it leads to mods, the ones that create/enforce the rule in question, there is no helping that.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@ RocketPig.
Too bad you can't put in the "everybody jump" song unto the site :P

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I'm saddened at how long this thread has gotten. Public embarassments of the mods, like rocketpig said, is not the way to go about it, Private messanging the mods is what people should do to get their problems sorted out. This only makes the mods look worse than they already do, due to the repeated bashing of them over the last week. Seriously, if you have a problem or whatever with the mods, you E-mail admin@vgchartz(dot)com, not ridicule the mods for doing thier job, for FREE.