By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Are we in the dark ages? MODS WTF?

I have been here a long time.

When ioi first started with mods, we all voted for whom we wanted.

We as a forum asked ioi for a set of rules so which we could abide by and be banned by. He did this, also, in a very democratic way with some obvious and many discussed and altered.

Then we get this vague and overly harsh spam rule. Without any discussion. Now, I am trying to open that discussion as I am now seeing it being abused. That is all I want in this thread.

I think everyone, including the mods should take notice, state your opinion and then leave it to ioi and his high counsel. Then it should be post in the forum rules.

BTW, I don't think a word limit is proper. I am pretty sure all of us know what 'spam' is and can easily tell the difference.

Around the Network

Is it wrong that I want to go on Weezy's profile wall and write "HAHA! BANNED!" ??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Is it wrong that I want to go on Weezy's profile wall and write "HAHA! BANNED!" ??

y because he is unbanned again:)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Unfortunatly mods are not perfect , so many abuse their power . IMO , mods whom use their power this way should be demoted deffinatly or at least for some time ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

gebx said:

No, that's funny (extra words added to meet quota).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Unfortunatly mods are not perfect , so many abuse their power . IMO , mods whom use their power this way should be demoted deffinatly or at least for some time ...

No mod on this board has ever to my knowledge abused their power. This discussion is about the enforcement of a set rule not about the mods themselves.

Can't we keep it on topic and open this discussion up to what members and moderators think of the rule and how it should be enforced rather than bashing the moderators who actually do a great job here? 

superchunk said:

I think everyone, including the mods should take notice, state your opinion and then leave it to ioi and his high counsel. Then it should be post in the forum rules.

I'm going back to lurking myself.

Rath said:

Can't we keep it on topic and open this discussion up to what members and moderators think of the rule and how it should be enforced rather than bashing the moderators who actually do a great job here?

QFT - That is exactly what I keep saying.

Wait what?? how is this site going to get more members if we ban people this easy? Stupid rule, I never reply with only QFT or lol (although I did reply today with: ??) because I do not really see a reason for it, it's mostly pointless, put this is a forum we are speaking about it's common to use these sort of things. DKII I hope you understand that you are making a more hostile forum by making these useless rules, we never had problems by people using 4 letter posts (and where there were problems it was easy noticeable when somebody was spamming). I see this as an insult especially for people how do not know a lot of English but do want to contribute in the forums and want to show they agree with someone or think someone is being funny. This rule is simply wrong!!!

THat's a very intresting history lesson, superchunk. Who did you guys vote for back then?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!