By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans Same Excuse?

rrrnearrr said:
IMO the console is dead, appealing to the casual with the tablet makes no sense because it is nothing new and the "hardcore" won't buy a nintendo console because they want more than just the games( consoles are media hubs now) and the KNOW(yes, they know for sure) nintendo is gonna have the worst third party support, so this console is aimed at nobody and has no market at all.

You're really not allowed to say it's dead.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
rrrnearrr said:
IMO the console is dead, appealing to the casual with the tablet makes no sense because it is nothing new and the "hardcore" won't buy a nintendo console because they want more than just the games( consoles are media hubs now) and the KNOW(yes, they know for sure) nintendo is gonna have the worst third party support, so this console is aimed at nobody and has no market at all.

Incoming Nintendo defense force lol.

snyps said:
am i the only one that thinks dvd functionality is what slaughtered ps2's competition? When ps2 released there was no games for it. But ppl drove up the install base by purchasing it to play dvds. The large install base gave developers reason to get working. Its a perfect storm.

I agree

Soleron said:

GC type games are NOT mass market.

Nonsense! Have you seen the number of game journalists slobbering over Wind Waker? It's the best Zelda ever made, you know.

KingHades said:

Every Wii U or Nintendo fan uses the same excuse for the Wii U.Their excuse is it's lack of games. Now here's where that excuse does not help there cause in the Wii U selling at least more than 45mil.

The GameCube had plenty of Mario Games,Two Pokemon Games,and Four Zelda games if I am correct yet it was the least selling console last gen and was outsold by the XBox the Rookie Console. Nintendo is an established company with a loyal following,but got ousted by the Rookie which was not established.

So can anyone give me the answer to why they rely on the games arguement when that isn't even guarenteed to boost the Wii U sales by alot.

Please no going off-topic keep it within the topic range and no trolling

The real question is if Nintendo haters hate Nintendo so much, why all the hate doom threads? Do they get some kind of joy in seeing Nintendo fail?

Around the Network

I'm a Nintendo fan and I'm not expecting a massive commercial success for the wiiu but I do think it will be a profitable venture for Nintnedo that certainly does better for Nintendo than the gamecube did.

The gamecubes largest failing was that it came after the PS2 already had major momentum and didn't do much to differentiate itself from the playstation 2 in the eyes of the general consumer. The Wiiu is going to have a year's head start and when the PS4 comes and Nextbox I would expect these machines to be more expensive. The Wiiu also has a controller bundled with it that make it stand at as a different product. I think you'll see this system maintaining a competitive price advantage over their competitors as well. These are things that the Gamecube did not have going for it.  Secondly I think a huge mistake for Nintnedo with the Gamecube and the N64 for that matter is that they all but abanonded 2d games which have that broad family appeal. Nintendo is going to crank out a lot of 2d games for the Wiiu after the success they had with these titles on the  original wii.. Core games do matter too though and they will absolutely see a boost in sales with Mario Kart, Mario 3d, Zelda, metroid, Monolith Project X come out and Nintendo needs this because these people are essential for word of mouth. The Wii had a brand new zelda on day one so core gamers were pumped an bought the system and then the casual games were shown the system in the homes of the core gamer and word of mouth spread. The other factor is that Nintendo simply increased overall awareness for their ips and their brand with the success of the wii and there should be some spill over effect this generation because of this. The cube followed up a downward trending Nintendo system in the n64.

It's not just games it's price too but that may not come until 2014. Nintendo will do fine this year because they are still speaking to core gamers and will be heard loud and clear by many of them when great product like Pikmin 3, Mario 3d, Mario Kart, Zelda Remake ect are released. Next year will be about continuing that momentum with more games and a price point drop.

KingHades said:

Every Wii U or Nintendo fan uses the same excuse for the Wii U.Their excuse is it's lack of games. Now here's where that excuse does not help there cause in the Wii U selling at least more than 45mil.

The GameCube had plenty of Mario Games,Two Pokemon Games,and Four Zelda games if I am correct yet it was the least selling console last gen and was outsold by the XBox the Rookie Console. Nintendo is an established company with a loyal following,but got ousted by the Rookie which was not established.

So can anyone give me the answer to why they rely on the games arguement when that isn't even guarenteed to boost the Wii U sales by alot.

Please no going off-topic keep it within the topic range and no trolling

LOL, the guy who can't accept the fact the WiiU sold more than PS3 at the launch is back. This is funny.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

KingHades said:
Mr Khan said:
rrrnearrr said:

That is bannable as far as I know. You should edit. At least have a little respect for other users.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
KingHades said:
Mr Khan said:
rrrnearrr said:

That is bannable as far as I know. You should edit. At least have a little respect for other users.

I was joking though there's a reason why I put lol there and bannable? Are you people this sensitive...?

Other Users? If I said it to another user it would have passed with no problems lol.

Mazty said:
RazorDragon said:
GC's case actually didn't made any sense. It had games(1st and 3rd party), it had the controller, it had the online features, it had even an add-on that played GBA/GBC games and also GBA connection that allowed new gaming possibilities, it was the smallest and most reliable console of that generation and, most importantly for the gaming forums crowd, it had the graphics.

So, what can we conclude from all that? Gaming market makes no sense.

Actually it had weak core exclusives (Think Halo:CE & Fable, DMC/FF/etc), was the worst looking consoles (purple? Really?), had the worst controller (it's always PS vs xbox, not xbox vs GC or PS vs GC) and had no DVD playback. It makes a lot of sense why it didn't do well. 

Except for the colour doesn't the Wii-U have all the same problems? And it's more expensive aswell?

freebs2 said:
Soleron said:
VGKing said:
Soleron said:
Well yes it needs all the GC games to even get to 20m. But those are already a given. What we mean by "needs games" is EITHER third party tier-one treatment, or some breakout mass market games like Wii.

GC type games are NOT mass market.

Well Wii U has mass market games. 2D Mario being the best example and Call of Duty Black OPs 2 being the other. What went wrong?

CoD wasn't tier one treatment because of the late release and lack of online features

I don't know why 2D Mario didn't work.

Imo Mario is not working because of the price point, some people are still willing to buy it but not for 399$. I think NSMB is more of a "2nd flow" kind of game, it works on an enstablished console and if the price is affordable, it doesn't fit wery well as a launch game.

Agreed, i would buy any new Nintendo console in a heartbeat as an extra system if the pricepoint was right. I wanted a Wii but by the time it got very affordable i already played it so much at other peoples homes i lost interest.