By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How does Sony have two huge first party FPS this fall and MS have 0?

Alan Wake is a top-tier AAA Survival Horror/Adventure/Shooter. Not an FPS, but has strong TPS elements in it.

Does Resistance 2 even have a 2008 release date? What about Killzone 2? Microsoft still has Huxley coming out, and an untitled Donnybrook MMO project that could be this year, or before both Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 come out.

Then of course, you have the whole GDC 2008 announcements of MS exclusives. MS has hinted that there are a few exclusives that haven't been mentioned yet - there could be some FPSes there.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I got reported for trolling in this thread? How is my post a troll? Do you guys support flame baiting now???

mrstickball said:
Alan Wake is a top-tier AAA Survival Horror/Adventure/Shooter. Not an FPS, but has strong TPS elements in it.

Does Resistance 2 even have a 2008 release date? What about Killzone 2? Microsoft still has Huxley coming out, and an untitled Donnybrook MMO project that could be this year, or before both Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 come out.

Then of course, you have the whole GDC 2008 announcements of MS exclusives. MS has hinted that there are a few exclusives that haven't been mentioned yet - there could be some FPSes there.

Resistance2 has a fall 2008 release date, it should ship in November, Killzone 2 still has no release date.  Alan wake should be really interesting, i remember their trailers, with the lighthouse on the water and the shots over the lake and the mountain/forest road pics, the game looked very impressive. 

Once again for perhaps the hundredth time. Neither Microsoft or Nintendo has been all that forthcoming with their releases later this year. Both are sure to have surprises for us over the coming months. Sony on the other hand was backed into a corner, and was basically intimidated into throwing everything they had at the market they laid their cupboards bare as an attempt to keep up with a situation spiraling out of their control.

Microsoft has plans, and Nintendo has plans. We don't know what those plans are, but judging by your apparent ignorance your going to be floored by them. You really think that Microsoft isn't going to have at least two AAA FPS style games by the end of the year? You really think that Nintendo won't have a Starfox, Kirby, Waverace, or Pilotwings. I think Nintendo can swing at the very least four of their best franchises into place for this coming fall and winter.

Right now its a game of whats in the box. You surely don't know. Neither does anyone else. Your basically saying that Microsoft and Nintendo have empty boxes. Something tells me they don't its hard to imagine they have no plans for the second half of this year. They aren't just going to lie down for Sony. They are going to bring big guns. I can't wait for the unloading personally. I think Microsoft is going to bring some real heat at the GDC, and both them and Nintendo are bound to have big E3 press events.

well i think they will anounce some this year,that will compete with those games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
  1. Killzone 2 is one of the most overhyped games of the generation. It will (likely) be released and be overshadowed by Resistance 2 as well as several third party games.
  2. Microsoft (and Nintendo) don't need to be hyping games that will be out in 12 months because they want the games they have already released to continue selling well.

kcua_626 said:
I got reported for trolling in this thread? How is my post a troll? Do you guys support flame baiting now???

I wouldn't worry about, it happens to everyone.

@ OP
ZOMG!! Sony has 0!!! ZERO!!! Games announced for 2010!!!! PS3 suxors??

@kcua_626

I think thats why I get warned...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Well given that it's still January, that's plenty of time for MS to come up with some FPS before the fall! Also, pleny of time for PS3 games to be delayed.

HappySqurriel said:
  1. Killzone 2 is one of the most overhyped games of the generation. It will (likely) be released and be overshadowed by Resistance 2 as well as several third party games.
  2. Microsoft (and Nintendo) don't need to be hyping games that will be out in 12 months because they want the games they have already released to continue selling well.

First part I agree with. Second one, Im not really sure. Unless your talking about Halo 3, I dont think either Bioshock or Mass Effect continue to "sell well" but I guess thats all opinion.

No one wants to accept that maybe Microsoft's lineup is that stellar afterall. The hype last year was Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect and Half:Life with was "exclusive" do to poor PS3 quality.

But really, Mass Effect has a lower attach rate than Uncharted, and is outsold weekly with lower fanbase, Half Life didn't even break 1,000,000 sold, Bioshock(GOTY:360) was outsold by COD4 PS3 in half the time. So while they might have enjoyed sales from software this winter, I really doubt they are holding back game release announcements in fear of stalling sales.

LOL so much trolling in here xD From both sides even!

Actual Question. Aside from Bungie does MS have any other 1st or 2nd party developers that make FPS's? As far as I know (not much about the xbox brand) they don't :x Of course that won't stop them from hiring second party publishers, but are their any BIG name fps company's that won't go multi-plat with a major franchise? I mean it's not like Sony is bursting at the seems, but they do have Gorilla games and Insomniac, and I guess you could say Resistance is an established IP now.

Does anyone have a list of Exclusive studio's that do FPS's? 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.