By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How does Sony have two huge first party FPS this fall and MS have 0?

Killzone 2 and Resistance 2. 

How can MS, the supposed FPS kings, on the supposed king of FPS systems the Xbox, let this happen?

Sure there will be Gears of War 2, kind of a FPS..but this is major error on MS part. Americans love FPS, plain and simple. "Weird" games like Mass Effect or Alan Wake are fine and good, but the American public doesn't embrace them like FPS. 

MS sure is stupid sometimes..unless the unlikely event they spring Perfect Dark Zero 2 on us or something, which I doubt.  The banner will be left to only be carried by third party titles, such as perhaps COD5? Not comforting really..

Around the Network

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:

LOL, great one

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

LOL =) take that OP, I hope you're intelligent enough to understand that.

Perhaps because x-box games are not announced 1 or 2 years before release?

Did I win? Did I take the bait?

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Perhaps because x-box games are not announced 1 or 2 years before release?

Did I win? Did I take the bait?

YOU WIN!!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I think MS will announce a couple good FPS games for this fall, nothing at the level of RFoM2 or Killzone2, but we also don't know if KZ2 is even coming out this year. GG have said nothing about a release date, all they said is that they wanted a Beta for online play out before they release the game.

well at least sony has a chance to "even the gap up", and not have to win
by japan and others :) could be a time for a price drop. I mean when games are released

MS already dominate the US. They don't need FPS, they need something other than FPS. They need something that will appeal to Japanese and Europeans. There's bound to be a whole shedload of multiplatform FPS anyway.

Because the Xbox is famous for its varied library, and not focused on shooters? =P

Seriously though, I think there will be something big sooner or later. We had only heard rumours of Resistance 2 until a few weeks ago, and now it's being released this year. MS probably has some big names they're planning on announcing at some E3ish event.