By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U NA Sales Dismal

Mazty said:

Dude look at the graph, seriously, look at it, and let me quote you this part as you quite clearly missed it:

Dude, really, look at the graph carefully:

Look careful and notice the timespan taken into account for Nintendo- and non-Nintendo-systems. Notice also that PS3 more than doubles GC in NPD-data according to this. Now look at another graph showing PS3 and GC according to NPD - so basically the same:

Congratulations mazty, you found the most biased article EVER. Thanks for sharing, this OP gives me a good laugh. The next article in the series compares the worst yearly GDP of the US since its independence with the worst of the last 8 years for the Netherlands to show how economical inferior the US is.

Also for everyone: if the WiiU is on the same level as the Wii nothing can go wrong!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Thread should be renamed to: 'If we chose 8 months of PS3 and 60(!!!) months of Wii and pick the worst month, Wii totally lost'. Or better: 'How to manipulate and cherrypick data to show what we want!'. If you wanna see how bad WiiU does look here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152379

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:

You realize, that the graph only includes two months for PS2 (already three for WiiU), although it claims LTD or until successor? Same for XBOX, PS3 and 360, they only looked at the launch-period. Only for Wii and Gamecube They look for the weakest month in the whole lifetime. No, this article isn't biased.

Where are you getting that? You are misreading it terribly. They are saying that the PS2's weakest month ever was its second month, probably because it was supply constrainted. Ditto for the other systems: their weakest months were all within their first year. Only the Wii and GameCube had their worst months later in life.

At least the sales improved in February and the weekly average increased from 11000 to 16000. I think it will increase to 20000 or 25000 (being optimistic) in March due to the releases, mainly Lego City Undercover.

badgenome said:
Mnementh said:

You realize, that the graph only includes two months for PS2 (already three for WiiU), although it claims LTD or until successor? Same for XBOX, PS3 and 360, they only looked at the launch-period. Only for Wii and Gamecube They look for the weakest month in the whole lifetime. No, this article isn't biased.

Where are you getting that? You are misreading it terribly. They are saying that the PS2's weakest month ever was its second month, probably because it was supply constrainted. Ditto for the other systems: their weakest months were all within their first year. Only the Wii and GameCube had their worst months later in life.

I read '2 months' not '2nd month'. So where do you get your interpretation from?

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

I read '2 months' not '2nd month'. So where do you get your interpretation from?

From the article.

Seems obvious, anyway. Why would you only compare 2 months of the PS2 vs. 8 months of the PS3 vs. 60 months of the Wii?

Nintendo is too busy with the 3DS to properly support its consoles. Yes, I'm including the Wii's last ~2 years.
Congratz Nintendo, the 3DS is going to be a healthy platform for the next few years, but was it worth losing that Wii audience?

VGKing said:
Nintendo is too busy with the 3DS to properly support its consoles. Yes, I'm including the Wii's last ~2 years.
Congratz Nintendo, the 3DS is going to be a healthy platform for the next few years, but was it worth losing that Wii audience?

The 3DS isn't actually all that healthy in North America or Europe. 

It's going to end up nowhere close to DS sales over here. The DS used to crush 400k-600k even in a month like February, 3DS is putting up 190k in Feb with two hardware models, three big Mario games, Kindgom Hearts, Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, etc. all available and a new Fire Emblem bundle for the month too. 

It's only in Japan where it's really selling great. 

NintendoPie said:
Mazty said:

Tu quoque fallacy. Please address the actual argument and refrain from fallacies. 

You are impossible to talk to. 

- We can compare HandHelds Consoles and Home Consoles. They have common factors, including gaming (the main point of Gaming Consoles.)

- No one would think to compare the things you've brought up, all you're doing is being sarcastic.

I'm done. Those are my final points.

No I'm not impossbile to talk to; I've just been educated in how to debate correctly. Your argument is completely vaccous and based on utterly arbritary reasoning, reasoning which you have yet to even attempt to justify. I'm guessing you haven't finished high school? I say that because your argument is devoid of logic - compare handhelds to consoles because they do generally the same thing, but don't compare other items that do generally the same thing as one another. The hell?

It's disappointing to see your replies lack substance and then see the attitude you convey when this is pointed out. 

badgenome said:
Mnementh said:

From the article.

Seems obvious, anyway. Why would you only compare 2 months of the PS2 vs. 8 months of the PS3 vs. 60 months of the Wii?

OK, so they did a bad job in labelng the graph. I still think my thread shows the bad sales of WiiU better than this article.