By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U NA Sales Dismal

bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah that's really bugging me actually. We have the confirmed figures, but it just shows neglect and lack of interest that they refuse to change their own numbers which have been proven incorrect.

wait isnt the graph based on Jan NPD, not Feb?

It is, yeah. But this was more a general rant that all consoles (Wii U, PS3, 3DS, 360 etc.) have not been adjusted despite seeing numbers to suggest they need to be, with the latest NPD being the best example of how far off the tracking is thus far.

ohh your talking about vgc tracking? im really tired at the moment so dont judge me if im acting stupid lol. and yeah, vgc tracking is just waaaayyy off. in terms of millions when it comes to ps3 and 360

That's perfectly fine

Maybe if we keep on going on about the tracking enough, it'll eventually be changed! We can hope anyway...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah that's really bugging me actually. We have the confirmed figures, but it just shows neglect and lack of interest that they refuse to change their own numbers which have been proven incorrect.

It is, yeah. But this was more a general rant that all consoles (Wii U, PS3, 3DS, 360 etc.) have not been adjusted despite seeing numbers to suggest they need to be, with the latest NPD being the best example of how far off the tracking is thus far.

ohh your talking about vgc tracking? im really tired at the moment so dont judge me if im acting stupid lol. and yeah, vgc tracking is just waaaayyy off. in terms of millions when it comes to ps3 and 360

That's perfectly fine

Maybe if we keep on going on about the tracking enough, it'll eventually be changed! We can hope anyway...

maybe, i just dont understand whats going on, its more than clear that they are undertracked yet they do nothing

bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:

That's perfectly fine

maybe, i just dont understand whats going on, its more than clear that they are undertracked yet they do nothing

I think this small thing called "GameWise" has a lot to do with it. After that became a thing, it became the bigger project and it's been clear for a while that VGC would suffer because of it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Mazty said:

Well if you are going to be so merrily vague on descriptions then surely you are comparing the iphone to the 360 right? But why stop there?? Why not compare consoles to dvd players?? Hey, handhelds are rechargable right? Well so are RC cars! Let's compare the two!

When the markets are different, thats when the products are different. Being as vague as you are just leads to the mess above as you will have to use completely arbitrary distinctions to seperate items.

Only you would bring these things up. You are making an argument out of nothing. Stop trying to be so sarcastic, it's not helping.

You may want to check out the link below, it details retailers who have dropped the price off WiiU, despite Nintendo remaining resolute. The wiiU is in big trouble if retailers are opting to take a hit to shift hardware.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/wii-u-gets-uk-price-slash-after-nintendo-ruled-it-out-50010670/

Off topic slightly, should Sony and Microsoft be getting worried? There has to be more to WiiU woes than miscomunicating the hardware or lack of software. Could the console market have shrunk to levels where 3 manufacturers cannot survive? 

Around the Network

Ok so I know that December, and November are the 2 strongest months of the year for NDP, but what are the other notably strong months of the year.

NintendoPie said:
Mazty said:

Well if you are going to be so merrily vague on descriptions then surely you are comparing the iphone to the 360 right? But why stop there?? Why not compare consoles to dvd players?? Hey, handhelds are rechargable right? Well so are RC cars! Let's compare the two!

When the markets are different, thats when the products are different. Being as vague as you are just leads to the mess above as you will have to use completely arbitrary distinctions to seperate items.

Only you would bring these things up. You are making an argument out of nothing. Stop trying to be so sarcastic, it's not helping.

Tu quoque fallacy. Please address the actual argument and refrain from fallacies. 

badgenome said:
LOL at the PS2's weakest month. BEAST. 360 not far behind!

You realize, that the graph only includes two months for PS2 (already three for WiiU), although it claims LTD or until successor? Same for XBOX, PS3 and 360, they only looked at the launch-period. Only for Wii and Gamecube They look for the weakest month in the whole lifetime. No, this article isn't biased.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

newwil7l said:
Ok so I know that December, and November are the 2 strongest months of the year for NDP, but what are the other notably strong months of the year.

october. Big games usually release.

Jan-March. Gift certificates, easter, and tax returns.

Mazty said:

Tu quoque fallacy. Please address the actual argument and refrain from fallacies. 

You are impossible to talk to. 

- We can compare HandHelds Consoles and Home Consoles. They have common factors, including gaming (the main point of Gaming Consoles.)

- No one would think to compare the things you've brought up, all you're doing is being sarcastic.

I'm done. Those are my final points.