By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Champions League Draw

bananaking21 said:
so from what i understand is that after this round they make another draw correct?

Yes.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
I'm surrounded by some turkish friends of mine who are crying... I don't know if it's from their defeat over 2 matches or that they are proud because Gala played a mighty match... they really are strange football fans..

Its nagging us that we went down 3-0 the first game, it shouldn't have. Tonight they gave Real hell and almost accomplished a miracle

Barozi said:
okr said:
Last minute win in Dortmund. Semi finals, yay!

I couldn't watch the match on TV, but I saw on some live ticker that the 3:2 for BVB was probably offside. Is that correct?

2nd Malaga goal was offside albeit hard to see.
3rd Dotmund goal was incredibly offside. 4 players offside and after that situation there was another pass to an offside player.

Still, I can't say that it was unfair.

Oh, schade. I'm still happy that my team made it but I also feel sorry now for FC Malaga. They were the surprise team of this CL season. Lucky evening for my beloved BVB then.

Talal said:
Carl2291 said:
DirtyP will be ecstatic.

Really hope PSG beat Barca.

Hate to admit it, but that largely depends on whether Messi plays or not.

Fingers crossed that he doesnt make it. Show just how much that "great team" relies on one man.

Carl2291 said:
DirtyP will be ecstatic.

I AM !!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A FREAKING GAME!

In minute 82 I said that the game was meh by Dortmund, but overall they played a really good champions League season.
But the last 10 minutes were just crazy.

And the choreo at the beginning of the match was superb as always. Damn I am still shaking. I have to get up in a couple of hours, but I can't sleep now anyway.

On the trail of the lost 'handle cup', which is a German phrase for the champions league trophy.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Sorry for doublepost.

Whoever said that Malaga was a lucky draw should never talk about football again.
Great team with an outstanding defense.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Carl2291 said:
Talal said:
Carl2291 said:
DirtyP will be ecstatic.

Hate to admit it, but that largely depends on whether Messi plays or not.

Fingers crossed that he doesnt make it. Show just how much that "great team" relies on one man.

Well, it's not a secret that Barca lacks a great striker. Villa and Sanchez are good, but they do miss regularly. Messi rarely misses and not only that but he's also usually marked by at least 2 players.

The only thing holding Barcelona back from being the best team ever in my opinion is the defence. Pique has been mediocre at best lately and Mascherano although he's okay I don't like him as a center back I think he does better as a center midfielder. Also the two full backs Alves and Alba are both more attack oriented which in my opinion is bad given our lousy defence. Back when Abidal was there it worked nicely because he can defend so we had one attacking and one defending. Finally Valdes, enough said.

Thankfully, the possession tactic hides the huge weekness, but against the big teams possession is not enough to help our defence.

Edit: Also, I'd like to see Madrid without Ronaldo.

Madrid without Ronaldo would be just as meh as Barca without Messi.

I wonder how Kagawa feels now. Swapped Dortmund for watching Ashley Young from the bench.

Carl2291 said:
Madrid without Ronaldo would be just as meh as Barca without Messi.

I wonder how Kagawa feels now. Swapped Dortmund for watching Ashley Young from the bench.

I actually think the Dortmund team of the past 2 seasons with Kagawa (and Sahin and Barrios) was better than the current Dortmund side.

Obviously the young players, especially Götze, have grown and with Reus and Gündogan they got fantastic new players.

What a great game Malaga and Dortmund gave us.

I feel really bad for Malaga :(