By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Champions League Draw

defo if ribery was rooney the ref would have sent him packing maybe a few other players too,

we're off to the maracana to play brasil next week,haha wish us luck,hope brasil are having an off day

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Prediction: Germany is winning the world cup this time.

Carl2291 said:
Faxanadu said:

Lewandowski was hugging Ribery real close before, as you might have noticed. real close.

And intentionally stepping on the ANKLE of a guy is trying to end his career, or at least the game. That is quite in a different league imo.

Youre a Bayern fan, right?

Let me ask you a question.

In 12 Months time, will you still hate Lewandowski if he joins Bayern this Summer and scores 20-30 goals in the Season?

Why on earth would I be a Byern fan? There is no more annoying team in Germany. Except maybe Dortmund, which whines about Bayern buying their players when they do the same all the time - look at Reus and Kehl.

And why would I be glad that such a dirty player plays for my (supposedly) favourite team?

Oh, and my side is SC Freiburg.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:

Why on earth would I be a Byern fan? There is no more annoying team in Germany. Except maybe Dortmund, which whines about Bayern buying their players when they do the same all the time - look at Reus and Kehl.

And why would I be glad that such a dirty player plays for my (supposedly) favourite team?

I just assumed you were, you seemed to be supporting Bayern throughout this thread.

Sorry

I know how this is a serious thing. I once got called a Leeds fan.

Carl2291 said:
Faxanadu said:

I just assumed you were, you seemed to be supporting Bayern throughout this thread.

Sorry

I know how this is a serious thing. I once got called a Leeds fan.

No worries. In international play, one has to support Bayern, as they are the only German side that ensures we have enough international slots.

And after beating barcelona the way they did, they deserved it.

Doesnt make them any less annoying though. Especially Schweinsteiger who really sucked today, and Robben was almost as bad. He fumbled like 3 100% chances.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Carl2291 said:
Faxanadu said:

Lewandowski was hugging Ribery real close before, as you might have noticed. real close.

And intentionally stepping on the ANKLE of a guy is trying to end his career, or at least the game. That is quite in a different league imo.

In 12 Months time, will you still hate Lewandowski if he joins Bayern this Summer and scores 20-30 goals in the Season?

LoL. Kehl joined Dortmund 11 years ago. This is a lifetime for football.

By the way:

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

As much as I wanted Dortmund to win it, in the end Bayern deserved it. While they dominated the first half, they didn't put that domination into goals (what a performance by Neuer) and on the second half, Bayern grew a lot and turned the tables around.

It was a pretty interesting match and congrats for both teams .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

That was a great final, by far the best since Liverpool - Milan 2005. Fairly low on quality but high on excitement. Shame Bayern won but they have been by far the best team in Europe this year. As an Arsenal fan I do feel somewhat vindicated by their performances since they beat us on away goals.

DirtyP2002 said:
Faxanadu said:
Carl2291 said:
Faxanadu said:

By the way:

You still bought him from Freiburg. Dortmund, like Bayern, is a buying team. Reus, Kehl, Gündogan, Lewandowski, Hummels, Piszczek, Bender, Schieber just to name a few. Its just reality that everyone buys from everyone else.

Faxanadu said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Faxanadu said:
Carl2291 said:
Faxanadu said:

By the way:

You still bought him from Freiburg. Dortmund, like Bayern, is a buying team. Reus, Kehl, Gündogan, Lewandowski, Hummels, Piszczek, Bender, Schieber just to name a few. Its just reality that everyone buys from everyone else.

Sure, every club has players from other clubs joining them.

Piszczek for example joined Dortmund when Berlin did not manage to stay in the Bundesliga. His contract was running out as well.

Hummels joined Dortmund, because Bayern did not see his amazing talent. He joined Dortmund on loan and made huge steps in the right direction so Dortmund bought him after he already played there.

Bender joined Dortmund from 1860 Munich in the 2nd Bundesliga. He asked 1860 to leave.

Reus was at Dortmund long before he joined Gladbach. He played there for about 10 years. He was raised in Dortmund.

Gündogan played for Nürnberg, true. They bought him for 4.5 million Euros.

Lewandowski was scouted and bought for 4 million Euros.

Anyway, this is another approach than Bayern Munich or almost anybody in the Champions League.

This might change now though. Kevin de Bruyne, Eriksen and Bernard are more established players.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...