By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung's gamepad is a Microsoft lawsuit in the waiting

JoeTheBro said:
Does the 360 controller have a giant screen on it? No, this is far from being a ripoff.

It's similar. At least admit that. D-pad is the same shape and design, it's white like the 360 controller, hell even the buttons are the same color, all 4 of them and in the same pattern in the exact same spot were the 360's are. The analog sticks are also in the same position. It has shoulder buttons, that is pretty minor though. Not sure if it's sue-worthy but to deny they look the same... Admit that at least!!

Around the Network

I guess Samsung has lost it's innovation spirit and has decided to just copy everyone else now (Apple and now MS) guess up next would be Sony oh wait.....

As Microsoft earns a lot of money from each sold Galaxy I don't think they will bother.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

face palm, how any of you think it looks like a 360 pad is beyond me, the shape is nothing like a 360 pad, and where you think microsoft could have a potential law suit is just pathetic, all samsung will do is just make the A button yellow and problem solved "no law suit", this site is getting worse every day.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

People complaining about this thread; it is just a copied engadget/ neowin article so complain there...

Around the Network

that's how good PR works.

Noone would be interessted in such a clumsy device,but making it look like a 360 controller people will pay more attention to the s4.
they could have made the controller look like a ps3 or gamecube controller or something unique,but they chose the 360 controller because of the US market as the 360controller like device will get the most attention.The more attention this phone gets,the more people will realise the s4 release and buy it.

If Samsung was really interessted in making a gaming phone they would create a slider smartphone with the size of the vita screen and hidden analog-slidepads buttons,etc. but not such a clumsy thing you can't carry.

360 controller itself is just your standard old school classic controller with analogs and buttons. That existed way before microsoft entered the gaming market. That design exists since the first Dualshock (which was inspired by N64 and SNES controllers).

And sueing for insignificant things, sounds more like Apple, MS wouldn't be dumb enough for that.

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
face palm, how any of you think it looks like a 360 pad is beyond me, the shape is nothing like a 360 pad, and where you think microsoft could have a potential law suit is just pathetic, all samsung will do is just make the A button yellow and problem solved "no law suit", this site is getting worse every day.

It has the exact same dpad, same analogue placement and same buttons... 

The final device will probably look a fair bit different than this proto-type. Samsung is just getting word out that it's coming so people don't go buying competitor's devices in the meantime.

foodfather said:
r3tr0gam3r1337 said:

It has the exact same dpad, same analogue placement and same buttons... 

To make it worse the buttons are the same colors. How can you look at it and say it doesn't look similar.

Someone needs to see an optometrist.