By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung's gamepad is a Microsoft lawsuit in the waiting

ironmanDX said:
foodfather said:
r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
face palm, how any of you think it looks like a 360 pad is beyond me, the shape is nothing like a 360 pad, and where you think microsoft could have a potential law suit is just pathetic, all samsung will do is just make the A button yellow and problem solved "no law suit", this site is getting worse every day.

It has the exact same dpad, same analogue placement and same buttons... 

To make it worse the buttons are the same colors. How can you look at it and say it doesn't look similar.

Someone needs to see an optometrist.

lol ok, how many other game pads over the past 30 years have been white, how many have had a D-pad, how many have had different colour buttons, dimensions and design its not even the same shape, why hasnt anyone started a thread about unofficial 3rd party controllers, this thread and the people saying its a ripoff 360 pad are just dumb, again further proof this site is going down hill fast. 

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Around the Network

lol ok, how many other game pads over the past 30 years have been white, how many have had a D-pad, how many have had different colour buttons, dimensions and design its not even the same shape, why hasnt anyone started a thread about unofficial 3rd party controllers, this thread and the people saying its a ripoff 360 pad are just dumb, again further proof this site is going down hill fast.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

kain_kusanagi said:
I doubt MS will sue. That's more of an Apple thing than a MS thing. If MS was really pissed they'd just buy Samsung. That's MS's thing.

LOL. If anything Samsung would just buy Microsoft.

i'm sure they will be sued for that

...Apple will find a way

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

samsung is a good company but if it comes to design they copy or make ugly own stuff. they should really invest more money to get some better designers.

Around the Network

Who broke the thread?

eh.. they probably agreed with MS to use these buttons (it benefits MS if everybody uses their buttons) and I doubt that they can even protect this layout - the shape is totally different to a 360 controller anyway

NobleTeam360 said:
I guess Samsung has lost it's innovation spirit and has decided to just copy everyone else now (Apple and now MS) guess up next would be Sony oh wait.....

Samsung can't lose something they never had.

Its mainly just the colors of the buttons and the letters that go with that color that copies MS. If Samsung just either changes the colors and/or letters then there shouldnt really be any resemblance.

I doubt MS would sue over this. In fact, they probably gave Samsung the go-ahead. Samsung has recently started selling Windows 8 tablets and phones, plus MS gets $15 from every Android device sold due to patents they own. MS wants Samsung to do well. Really really well.