By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2013 NPD Thread - 360:302k, PS3:~270k, 3DS:~191k, Wii:~100k, Wii U:66k, PSV:38k

i love how this is like a game of "USE LOGIC TO FIGURE OUT OTHER NUMBERS!" WII SOLD blah blah and 360 sold blah blah GO!

Around the Network

Ps3 gains again on 360... the gap is a lot closer than 1.3mil according to NPD and nintendo.

Just to remember... that is the lowest 360 market share in NPD since MS shares the %... the gap is closing.

pezus said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
"In a separate statement, Nintendo reported that 455,000 units of hardware were sold in the U.S. in February, pushing 3DS past 8 million units to date. 180,000 copies of Fire Emblem Awakening were sold in the U.S. in February (117,000 at retail and 63,000 digitally). Nintendo added that "by comparison, the previous hand-held entrant in the franchise – Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – has sold a little more than 250,000 units life to date in the United States"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/14/dead-space-3-leads-us-sales-in-february

Hmm hard to gather much from that. 

Wii+WiiU+3DS+DS = 455k

WiiU ~ 65k

Wii+3DS+DS = 390k

Wii = 100k, 3DS = 200k, DS = 90k? Something like this?

vgchartz has 3DS under 75k, but it might be around 200k?

tbone51 said:
pezus said:
Boutros said:

Fire Emblem Awakening: 117,000 at retail and 63,000 digitally.

Impressive digital sales, but still far off from tbone's estimate

Edit: Btw, do NPD provide digital now??

great digital sales but damn i was wrong with 100k! O.o way wrong

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5130491

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5130612

Never again please lol

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
Conegamer said:

I think this is my 19th NPD thread, yet I've never seen anything like this. I know there's loads of adjustments all the time, but this far off? I don't get it.

Really?  There have been massive adjustments almost every time we get hard numbers for years.  Sometimes they can't even be bothered to adjust them.  It has been a month and a half and VGC still has the DS selling more than it has shipped.

Yeah I get that, but it's not particularly common that in a "slow" month they're pretty much off by 100% in every single case. Even 50% is unusual.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

great to see the market isn't as dead as we thought even if it's still not impressive. especially ps3 could be much better percentual, was that because of the ps4 announcement? that would be funny, ps4 announcement as advertisement for ps3 lol.

360 still beasting in NA I see!!! Amazing what it is doing there! From the numbers the PS3 is looking good in NA as well!!! Man I feel bad for the Wii U though new games need to hurry and drop so the sales can pick up asap! Sly Cooper WAY TO GO IN THE TOP 10!!! Everything undertracked by this much is CRAZY!!!! Wow....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Anyways I'm glad everything seems to be selling better than expected. The next generation is faring a bit better than everyone expected and that's cool.

January was... ugh, doom and gloom at its finest.

haxxiy said:
Anyways I'm glad everything seems to be selling better than expected. The next generation is faring a bit better than expected and that's cool.

January was... ugh, doom and gloom at its finest.

Give it time, the doom and gloom will come back to us soon enough.

Former something....