By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2013 NPD Thread - 360:302k, PS3:~270k, 3DS:~191k, Wii:~100k, Wii U:66k, PSV:38k

I expect to see a ton of 1984-style "we were at war with Eastasia" level adjustments for the VGC numbers now. I'm going to make 100% sure to take a before and after screenshot of my WiiU chart this time.

*gets popcorn*

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network

VGC was wayyyyy off on Fire Emblem since it doesn't track digital sales

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Home.. finally.

My 3G connection was too slow for all the fast comments here lol

Conegamer said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
Conegamer said:
Almost certainly Wii U included. It's just not adding up otherwise. So we have 435k between 3 consoles, so:

PS3- 220k
Wii U- 100k
Wii- 90k

And the other 25k could go to any of them really.

But yeah, the tracking system is ridiculous. I'm not saying that NPD are deftly accurate, but...

WiiU 100k? What gives?

Pretty much just doubled their numbers which VGC had.

It's 65k it seems. So slightly undertracked I guess (28k or so)

You say "slightly", but it's pretty much double the sales anyway, and an improvement on the previous month quite dramatically. So what has the VGC tracking been doing?

I'll also wait for further leaks to reserve judgement. I don't see Wii outselling Wii U, or if it does then by at most 10k, so that would leave the PS3 around 300k. Which is just way, way too high.

I guess...in unit sales it's slightly undertracked and hardly matters in the big picture, but in % it's undertracked a lot. That's what happens when we're working with small numbers.

What do you mean? If Wii is below WiiU, then that means exactly that (that PS3 is close to 300k). But I suspect Wii outsold WiiU by perhaps 30k or so.

Exactly. I don't see the PS3 being close to 300k is all. I'm waiting for the leaks.

435k - 65k = 370k... LOL how many do you think the Wii has? Ps3 is near 300k how close is the question

That's what I mean. It's just off if you ask me. Obviously I hope it's true but...I dunno. Something's off here. I don't believe VGC can be THIS far off on EVERYTHING.

Here is a word of advice i learned a long time ago... VGC isn't really accurate. They guess their numbers using past sales trends... the sales trends don't hold up all the time. On top of that the only reason they are close to the real number is because of constant adjustments to reports. If we didn't recieve those VGC would be as off as nextgenwars

Boutros said:

Fire Emblem Awakening: 117,000 at retail and 63,000 digitally.

Bah. Decent but not the best numbers.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

"In a separate statement, Nintendo reported that 455,000 units of hardware were sold in the U.S. in February, pushing 3DS past 8 million units to date. 180,000 copies of Fire Emblem Awakening were sold in the U.S. in February (117,000 at retail and 63,000 digitally). Nintendo added that "by comparison, the previous hand-held entrant in the franchise – Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – has sold a little more than 250,000 units life to date in the United States"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/14/dead-space-3-leads-us-sales-in-february

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Where are the 3DS numbers?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

pezus said:
Boutros said:

Impressive digital sales, but still far off from tbone's estimate

Edit: Btw, do NPD provide digital now??

great digital sales but damn i was wrong with 100k! O.o way wrong

pezus said:
Boutros said:

Impressive digital sales, but still far off from tbone's estimate

Edit: Btw, do NPD provide digital now??

Maybe. It's been so long since we actually got the numbers. Those were the days.

Also, I don't think anyone believed those guesstimates. But still, 180k for FE is impressive.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

XX. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS Retail): 117K
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS Digital): 63K
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon LTD (DS): 250K