By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

Mr Puggsly said:

I don't think the Xbox audience wants casual platformers.

You are embarassing yourself with that statement.

Donkey Kong and the rest of Rare's games in the 90s were not casual for the love of Gabe, they were some of the most immersive games consoles had to offer.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

I love your example of a great Rare game is about 18 years old. I don't think the Xbox audience wants casual platformers. People who want that buy Nintendo consoles.

I'm not sure Donkey Kong Country qualifies as casual, at all. O_O;

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:

I don't think I've posted comment like these if they weren't beneficial to the discussion. If I was out of line I would have gotten a warning or a ban. IF people post these type of comments it's because IT DOES MATTER. These are problems people have with Microsoft whether or not they own their console. If you can't deal with that then people like you are part of the problem. Serously, complaining is even more pointless than trolling. That should be bannable as well.

Didnt you get banned in JayWood's thread at the weekend?

You dont need to go into a Live thread and say that Live isnt worth it. You dont need to go into a Rare thread about a new Rare game, and say that Rare are terrible. Do you understand?

Having an opposing opinion is all fine and dandy. Posting it just for the sake of posting it when it really isnt needed... Its pointless.

Yes, I did for reasons that aren't relevant to this thead.

@bold
I never said either of those things and if I ever did it was relevant to the topic. I never just post something like that out of nowhere. Like I said before, if I did something wrong I would have gotten banned. This weekend was the first time I got banned in months and it was for for calling the thread maker a salesman. This is all I get banned for. Small little mistakes. I know the rules of this website and so does everyone else. There is a simple solution to this problem, report these comments and let the mods deal with it. If anything, threads like this are pointless as they create a mob mentality and only lead to more comments like the one OP pointed out.

VGKing said:

@bold
I never said either of those things and if I ever did it was relevant to the topic. I never just post something like that out of nowhere. Like I said before, if I did something wrong I would have gotten banned. This weekend was the first time I got banned in months and it was for for calling the thread maker a salesman. This is all I get banned for. Small little mistakes. I know the rules of this website and so does everyone else. There is a simple solution to this problem, report these comments and let the mods deal with it. If anything, threads like this are pointless as they create a mob mentality and only lead to more comments like the one OP pointed out.

Ah, but they are relevant. It was un-needed negativity that served no purpose at all. It was trolling and you were banned for it. It may not correspond to the points in the OP but its still part of the problem.

Like I said - Part of the problem. Its okay to have an opinion, but dont get it out when it really isnt needed or wanted. There was no reason for that comment.

I wouldn't say it's a Sony has bigger fanbase type of thing. Yeah it's true at the moment. Because Microsoft has made a few mistakes in the last couple years, allowing Sony to capture some of the Xbox fanbase. It's a reverse of what happened in the first couple years of this gen. The first couple years it was Xbox fans giving crap to PS fans.

Sony came out a year later. Cost more money. Launch games weren't system sellers and 3rd party games suffered on the PS3. All Sony mistakes and allowed Microsoft to capture a large portion of the PS audience.

Now Microsoft only offers sequels (Halo, Gears, and Forza) and early DLC. Only platform to charge for online play and a pay wall to almost every feature Xbox offers. Microsoft mistakes that has allowed Sony to capture some of the Xbox audience.

So things today are the same as they were at the start of this gen, except it's now PS fans giving crap to Xbox fans.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:

@bold

Ah, but they are relevant. It was un-needed negativity that served no purpose at all. It was trolling and you were banned for it. It may not correspond to the points in the OP but its still part of the problem.

Like I said - Part of the problem. Its okay to have an opinion, but dont get it out when it really isnt needed or wanted. There was no reason for that comment.

It wasn't trolling. According to the mods it was flaming. Anyway why bring that up? This is irrelevant to the topic we're discussing.

VGKing said:
Carl2291 said:

It wasn't trolling. According to the mods it was flaming. Anyway why bring that up? This is irrelevant to the topic we're discussing.

Youre impossible. Do you even read? It was un-needed negativity dragging the topic off the track it should have been on. Flaming, trolling, it makes no difference. It shouldnt have been in the thread. It had no right to be in the thread.

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:
Carl2291 said:

Youre impossible. Do you even read? It was un-needed negativity dragging the topic off the track it should have been on. Flaming, trolling, it makes no difference. It shouldnt have been in the thread. It had no right to be in the thread.

Why the hell not? I think there were enough "good deal" comments that I didn't need to repeat it. I offered my opinion on a thread that in my opinion wasn't needed. The "warning" in the OP was ridiculous. If you say "no trolls allowed", guess what? Trolling will happen. Whether or not my comment was needed is irrelevant. It was my opinion and i felt the need to write it down. I got banned for it. Who cares. BTW, the thread went off-topic way before I commented in the thread. I wasn't the only one that thought this was spam/advertising. Now can we move on? Our argument is a perfect example of un-needed negativity draggong the topic off track.

It is always the usual suspects being so negative about msft and ruining the threads. They are in here too, talking good about the way the post. I could name them all but it would just get me banned while most people know who they are.

And yes I know, some other sided fans do it too. Including me sometimes. But that is mostly in response to sony fans ruining a msft thread or a duplicate thread where the msft thread was negative but suddenly the sony thread is positive. I like playstation, I just like xbox more... So I really think if the most vocal sony fans would think double before they post something negative it will all get better...

maximrace said:
It is always the usual suspects being so negative about msft and ruining the threads. They are in here too, talking good about the way the post. I could name them all but it would just get me banned while most people know who they are.

And yes I know, some other sided fans do it too. Including me sometimes. But that is mostly in response to sony fans ruining a msft thread or a duplicate thread where the msft thread was negative but suddenly the sony thread is positive. I like playstation, I just like xbox more... So I really think if the most vocal sony fans would think double before they post something negative it will all get better...

truckosaurus made a post about you in here