By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The amount of negativity in almost every MS/Xbox thread is getting ridiculous

While I don't take sides on this console "feud", I do agree that some of the things the OP pointed out are valid, not only here on the forums, but on most video-game related websites.

MS, the 360 and especially the Kinect do take a lot of the brunt of the trolling nowadays and most of it is completely undeserved in my opinion. All of them have done good, positive things for the industry and no gamer in their right name should want either of them to fail.

Having said that, I have to agree with some of the people that have pointed out to some MS fans playing the victim card. While they have legitimate reasons to be angry at the people (and this I agree, most of it comes from Sony fans) that continuosly degrade and troll MS related threads, the same MS fans do the same type of attacks on Sony related threads as well. Maybe not as blatant or as frequent as it was a couple of years ago, but it still happens.

It's a bit hypocritical to point out that you and your console/company/thing of choice is being attacked/degraded/trolled when you go and do the same as well to other people. I'm not saying the OP and most of the MS fans that posted here do that, but there are known cases here in VGC of people who follow this MO, that have been doing it for years and will continue to do it in the future.

My point of view? People should just stop with this stupid trolling-the-other-console/company-I-don't-like and just get along. More companies means more games which means much more opportunities to enjoy our amazing hobby and there's no reason for these petty squabblings. Everyone should just enjoy what they like and let everyone else enjoy what they want.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
I never really understood the whole "360 fans only play shooters" because the highest selling game on the HD twins is a shooter.

When I hear xbox, all i can think of this gen is CoD (for its timed exclusives), Halo, GoW and Forza. That's 3 shooters all there and they are very good games with very high scores/fanbases/sellers but that is MS's blockbuster franchises. The last exclusive i can think of the top of my head, without looking up recent exclusives, is Alan Wake and that was in 2010. I honestly cannot. I am a PS3 fanboy so obviously i don't follow the 360 news much. 

OT: Well 1 of those statements are true.

Rare has not performed well this gen but I still have fund memories of their older games, so they aren't terrible.

Kinect is purely for the casuals. Integration to "hardcore" titles has been voice only which is not very impressive. Also usher.

There are other franchises on the 360 but the main drive is for the shooters.

Live is not really a rip-off; you get what you pay and apparently Live is miles ahead of PSN but i honestly don't see the difference.  Plus it really isn't too expensive.

Kinect IS dumb.

MS brings in the FPS crowd like no other consoles, you can't deny that. However, multiplat FPS sell well on PS3 as well so not much can be said.

My honest opnion on MS; I don't like exclusives games, i don't like paying for a service the competitors have for free even IF it is lower quality (debatable), and the xbox controller is just weird. Why would the d-pad and left analog stick be inverted? Some say because its better for shooters but I don't know.

MS and the xbox have gained a somewhat bad rep on the internet for some odd reason. Maybe people don't like the color green too much, maybe its the fact that their machines had like 55% failure rate at one point and some even had to get them repaired twice. Or maybe the PS family really is big enough to drown out the xbox fans. I'm not sure but I think we all need to sit down and talk over our differences at one point. This kind of animosity (its not even a friendly rivalry anymore) is bad for the website.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

a company that went from this

to this

no, everything is fine yall. keep cheering for MS

Just be thankful they are still making games at all, and stop complaining.

Dmick90 said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

a company that went from this

to this

no, everything is fine yall. keep cheering for MS

Just be thankful they are still making games at all, and stop complaining.

Why should I be "thankful" for a decade of what I consider bad to mediocre games? What do I gain from them still making games when they don't make anything I want to play?

curl-6 said:

Someone seems upset. 

Who are you to say it's "stupid" to consider Call of Duty or Wii Play shitty? Are you a member of the opinion gestapo?

By any objective analysis, CoD is far from shitty. You're welcome to continue your subjective analysis though, everyone is entitled to this.

Around the Network

Ironically most of the people who hate Rare and claim how "awful" their current games are haven't even played them.

Kameo, Kinect Sports, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, and Viva Pinata 1 and 2 are all solid and fun games. It drives me crazy how it seems like now days if a game isnt an M rated edgy or a "hardcore" title it must be casual crap. Theres other types of games people than Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, etc.

dsgrue3 said:
curl-6 said:

Someone seems upset. 

Who are you to say it's "stupid" to consider Call of Duty or Wii Play shitty? Are you a member of the opinion gestapo?

By any objective analysis, CoD is far from shitty. You're welcome to continue your subjective analysis though, everyone is entitled to this.

I don't believe there is an "objective" way to evaluat a game. We all see through a lens, even a view that takes into account others will still always be coloured by our own experiences and biases.

curl-6 said:
J_Allard said:
curl-6 said:
J_Allard said:
curl-6 said:

If you're happy to let your opinions be determined on the aggregate of other people's opinions, that's cool. I'm not, but to each their own.

That's not an insult by the way.

Never said anything like that.

Some people though, can not like a game and understand that it's still a good game, just not for them. For example, I loved the shit out of MGS and MGS3. MGS2 was ok. I have tried like 4 times to get into MGS4 and just cannot. Probably for me, the worst game I have played this gen. But, I can still look at all the praise it gets, and all the sales it achieved, and understand it's a good game. Just not for me.

Seems you could learn a thing or two from that line of thinking.

I can appreciate why other people might like a game. Like I said, it's all subjective. I understand why MGS4 was praised and sold well, but I still think it's horrible.

If you truly appreciate it then you wouldn't pull such a stupid list of "shitty games" out to try and make your point. When you need to stoop to that, maybe you didn't have much of a point in the first place.

Someone seems upset. 

Exact opposite of upset actually, I think the extreme you have to reach for just to make your point is absolutely adorable.

BenVTrigger said:
Ironically most of the people who hate Rare and claim how "awful" their current games are haven't even played them.

Kameo, Kinect Sports, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, and Viva Pinata 1 and 2 are all solid and fun games. It drives me crazy how it seems like now days if a game isnt an M rated edgy or a "hardcore" title it must be casual crap. Theres other types of games people than Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, etc.

Perfect Dark Zero is also very underrated imho. It's a solid shooter.

curl-6 said:
dsgrue3 said:
curl-6 said:

Someone seems upset. 

I don't believe there is an "objective" way to evaluat a game. We all see through a lens, even a view that takes into account others will still always be coloured by our own experiences and biases.

Sales and Profit are completely objective. Like I said, you're welcome to have a negative, subjective opinion on games that are objectively good. I personally found Dishonored to be tedious and boring, but objectively it was a success.