By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter - Next gen is last gen; projected console sales figures

Mnementh said:
Mazty said:

Agreed. Now to play the waiting game...

Fine. I'm happy that you're willing to bet, some people seem to claim ridiculous stuff only to enrage others and are not accountable for it, because it is decided too far in the future. You are willing to stand to your word.

I would say, 1 month declaring in the sig that I/you (whoever lose) was wrong and the other was right should be a good enough price for the winner. Agreed?

Yep that seems fair. Hey, maybe something happens and the Wii U picks up, maybe it doesn't. Either way whatever the outcome we all learn something about the gaming buisness. 

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Kaizar said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i expect PS4 to take first, nextbox to take second, and Wiiu to take 3rd at about 65m.

3DS will take first with 200 million life time sales.

That's way too optimistic on 3DS making 200M lifetime. Wanna bet?

Well, I don't know how the betting thing goes, but I think by 2020 it will have at least 150 million, and that Life Time sales will be 200 million, but I wouldn't be surprise if the 3DS reaches 150 million as early as 2018.

As I said, I don't know about the bet itself.

I base this on glasses-free 3D and downloading full 3D movies and Hulu Plus having 3D streaming this year and Netflix eventually getting 3D streaming in the next 2 to 3 years, and YouTube app coming which already has 120 refresh rate 3D videos to go with their 30 refresh rate 2D videos, and the game library listed at Wikipedia and 3D camera and connectivity between Wii U & 3DS and the 3DS XL being a bigger option for people.

Kaizar said:
Mnementh said:
Kaizar said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i expect PS4 to take first, nextbox to take second, and Wiiu to take 3rd at about 65m.

Well, I don't know how the betting thing goes, but I think by 2020 it will have at least 150 million, and that Life Time sales will be 200 million, but I wouldn't be surprise if the 3DS reaches 150 million as early as 2018.

I base this on glasses-free 3D and downloading full 3D movies and Hulu Plus having 3D streaming this year and Netflix eventually getting 3D streaming in the next 2 to 3 years, and YouTube app coming which already has 120 refresh rate 3D videos to go with their 30 refresh rate 2D videos, and the game library listed at Wikipedia and 3D camera and connectivity between Wii U & 3DS and the 3DS XL being a bigger option for people.

We simply state that we bet and make some prize (like writing something into the sig like). There is nothing complicated involved, only agreeing over the terms of the bet.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Kaizar said:
Mnementh said:
Kaizar said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

We simply state that we bet and make some prize (like writing something into the sig like). There is nothing complicated involved, only agreeing over the terms of the bet.

Well cool, I would be down for that, but since it's a 5 or so year kind of thing, I rather not, so I don't have to bother remembering such a thing.

I could put a reminder in my sig, but the 5 or so year wait would be to long for me.

So no thanks on this, but thank you.

Are people here serious about the WiiU selling below the GC? Really?

Well...no way the PS4 and the 720 will get close to their current sales either. I don't get this man sometimes. People really pay him for these predictions, which we can already tell will be terribly off?

I also recall the site boycotting Pachter. Judging from some responses in this thread, I could see why.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

"PS4 graphics are phenomenal, huge RAM makes innovation likely"

Seem like a gift from the gods.

lol I'm not even sure what it means.

theprof00 said:

It is God giving to Kaz a GDRR5 chip... it is became a meme in Gaf about the GDDR5 is the new Cell.

ethomaz said:
theprof00 said:

It is God giving to Kaz a GDRR5 chip... it is became a meme in Gaf about the GDDR5 is the new Cell.

haha my comment was about the quote "gddr5 makes innovation more likely". How does RAM help innovation? It just helps a game process faster.

theprof00 said:
ethomaz said:
theprof00 said:

haha my comment was about the quote "gddr5 makes innovation more likely". How does RAM help innovation? It just helps a game process faster.

It could facilitate more innovation, but it's more likely to be used for bigger blockbuster setpieces and shinier graphics while publishers dick-ride the latest trends. Pretty much like what happened this gen at retail.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

I predict the wii u will be the top selling console simply cos more multi console owners will be more likely to go for either Xbox/wii u or ps4/wii u combo than a Xbox/ps4 combo.
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!