By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter - Next gen is last gen; projected console sales figures

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i expect PS4 to take first, nextbox to take second, and Wiiu to take 3rd at about 65m.

3DS will take first with 200 million life time sales.

Even 3D movies will be big this year with a million 3D movies coming out from March 1st to July 26. Let alone the rest of the year.

And Chrsitopehr Nolen (writer/director of Batman Trilogy) has written the new Superman movie, Man of Steel 3D.

With iron man 3 & Thor 2 & New X-Men & so much more this year. Let alone 2014 & up. Here's the 2013 List of Movies so far:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154457&page=1

Well 3D in both gaming systems & movies will dominate, since only 3D was made for 60 fps per image, since the 1930's.

Around the Network

I wonder what is the reasoning behind Patcher believing huge quatities of RAM are most likely leading to innovation but two screens are a not inmediatly.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

NeilStrauss said:
curl-6 said:
Mazty said:
curl-6 said:

Maro Kart Wii has over 30 million sales. Even if only a quarter ever upgrade, and that's 8 million. People are upgrading from Mario Kart DS to Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS.

Zelda on the Wii sold well. I don't need links to prove that millions want to play Nintendo games, just look at the sales numbers. And the Wii won't be able to play the new Zelda, the new 3D Mario, the new Metroid, the new Smash Bros. They'll have to buy a Wii U for that, and millions will. Plus games like that make a Dreamcast situation pretty much not a possibility. Dreamcast didn't have an IPs that powerful.

Products with no predecessor fall into the generation of their contemporaries. If graphics defined gens, then you couldn't classify the PSP and DS as the same generation, yet they are. The graphics definition died years ago, it no longer fits with how the indusry works.

The issue is though you're talking not just about upgrading the game, but buying an entire console for literally a few games as the multiplats are readily available on other consoles. It just seems to be a very expense upgrade for few games, something which plagued the original xbox and GC.

It won't be just a "few". It'll have 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid, Xeno, Yoshi, Pikmin, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, along with many more beloved franchises, and whatever new IPs Nintendo comes up with. Your average gamer only owns about 7-8 games for their console, they don't need dozens and dozens of games they desperately want to justify a purchase.

Atlus better gimme some PERSONA games on other systems =/

Persona is coming to the 3DS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

"Pachter - Next gen is last gen; projected console sales figures"

Stupid Pachter. The next gen can't be last gen. That would mean this gen is next, next gen. If this gen is next, next gen then the last, last gen is current gen and the last, last, last gen is the previous gen to this gen. If the next gen is the last gen and the last gen is the next that means we are living in a closed time loop.  If there's one thing I've learned from watching the Back the Future movies it's that the only way to fix this is to go back in time to before the last gen became the next gen and get last gen's Mom and Dad to go to the school dance before next gen disappears. Maybe The Doctor can fix this.

Kaizar said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i expect PS4 to take first, nextbox to take second, and Wiiu to take 3rd at about 65m.

Even 3D movies will be big this year with a million 3D movies coming out from March 1st to July 26. Let alone the rest of the year.

And Chrsitopehr Nolen (writer/director of Batman Trilogy) has written the new Superman movie, Man of Steel 3D.

With iron man 3 & Thor 2 & New X-Men & so much more this year. Let alone 2014 & up. Here's the 2013 List of Movies so far:

Well 3D in both gaming systems & movies will dominate, since only 3D was made for 60 fps per image, since the 1930's.

3ds wil take the top 5 spots.

Around the Network

So he thinks that a <599$ system can do 85-95M in the same amount of time the PS3 have done 73M? Madness.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Kaizar said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Have you seen the game Library?

AWESOME!

Kaizar said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Kaizar said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Have you seen the game Library?

AWESOME!

nope but i have kept an i on most of 3ds games and will purchase one ASAP.

Flanneryaug said:

So this confirms a few things:

• The Nextbox and PS4 will be much more expensive than the Wii U.
  • The Wii U will outsell the Nextbox and PS4.
  • The next console generation will not be the last.

Have to admit that scenario looks more probable.

Pachter is clueless--a lot more graphical and CPU power didn't lead to much in the way of innovation last gen, why should that be the case when innovation is a surefire recipe for bankruptcy on PS4-class hardware? You will get more of the same, but brighter and louder (and shorter).