By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much will Dragon Quest X impact Wii U sales?

Tagged games:

Not a huge difference. Doubled numbers, but not more.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

0 impact... or less

gigaSheik said:
0 impact... or less

You think it'll make people who already have Wii U's return them out of disgust or what? XD

At any rate...I don't think this is going to be that big a deal. If this had been the only version, it'd be one thing, but this is one case where BC may have done far more harm than good. Both versions of the game are probably going to end up cannibalizing each other.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

The same the other ports ha e done for it. Although it will be nice to have this game push 1 million units total. Cross platform play?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Something like 50-100k FW and a 10k boost at most (for a week)

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
The same the other ports ha e done for it. Although it will be nice to have this game push 1 million units total. Cross platform play?

Yeah it does have cross platform play.

I think this game is going to help Nintendo get back on track in Japan and should help them bring up console sales. I mean this combined with MH is a good combination for a new console and will probably help push a few people over that hump, especially if they do a bundle of it which they probably will. And hell MH sold 200k and those games dont tend to do to well on consoles. DQ games are mainly console centered so I can see this doing at least double that.

Games are fun.

It was....released on the dying Wii. Maybe the upgraded WiU version will make a difference.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

axumblade said:

The next closest to the DQX in sales was DQV (which still has 1 million in sales more than DQX).

Japan disappoints me. Dragon Quest V is a masterpiece. If the DS remakes are anything to go by, DQIV and VI are two of the most overrated games in existance.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
axumblade said:

The next closest to the DQX in sales was DQV (which still has 1 million in sales more than DQX).

Japan disappoints me. Dragon Quest V is a masterpiece.

Actually, that was my bad. The PS2 remake sold 1.65 million. The SNES version sold 2.79 million. If you total them all up (plus the DS version) its over 6 million. :)