By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much will Dragon Quest X impact Wii U sales?

Tagged games:

IsawYoshi said:

Hopefully the bundle might do something, but looking at MH3 I can't say I'm sure.

? MH played its role during launch week of Wii U. There's reports about bundle sold out and its not selling anymore in many stores like regular bundles.

Also, it's a third version of MH3 (Wii, 3DS, WiiU). Everbody tired of MH3 already (I'm even not counting 3rd and 3rd HD games was released on Sony platforms). But even so, It sold 200K on Wii U (not counting digital sales from eShop) with userbase of 800K users, and Capcom said its a "hit". For example, MH 3rd HD sold 500K on PS3 with userbase of 6,5 -7 million.

"it will sell some. probably on par with the success of batmanAC and mass effect 3."

Lol what? We're talking about Japan here. There's no one care about ME or Batman. And those games aren't MMOs, they're not going to be promoted in years.

"so i don't see it pulling in any new audience that has a wiiU but never had a wii."

Funny, but even with HUGE Wii userbase in Japan, people bought 40,000 Wiis in the week of DQX release. Game atracted new audience even on such a "big" platform. So...

Around the Network

@Pavolink Yeah, but maybe Media Create will provide data w/full analyse of console perfomance that week. How much DQX bundle sold, etc (Usually MC post such a data about games/systems in a few days after regular weekly charts). For example, PS Vita Ice Cilver sold 15K last week (Sony shipped 30K).

Jumpin said:

The main reason sales are lower than other Dragon Quest games is because most fans of traditional style RPGs don't like Online games. The reason why Warcraft was successful was because the Warcraft/Starcraft fanbase like online games.

I'm sure that helped a lot with early adoption, but World of Warcraft's success came from far more than just targetting a pre-existing fanbase.  It stayed close enough to MMO roots to attract Runescape/Everquest players while shaking things up enough to attract people who would've never considered buying an MMO before - people like me (I've still to this day never played any other MMO's, or any other Warcraft games).

I'm sure DQX isn't helped by being an MMO in a series of traditionally single player JRPG's, and I'm sure it can reach FF XI levels of success easily.  But to go any futher than that, I think it needs to be a different type of MMO that it actually is.

Probably 50k software-wise and 2x hardware-wise, that's 10k more! :) That much.

if stupid SE didn't decide to go the MMORPG way then it would have done a lot better both on Wii and on WiiU

I don't see it doing much for the WiiU honestly

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Meret said:
@Pavolink Yeah, but maybe Media Create will provide data w/full analyse of console perfomance that week. How much DQX bundle sold, etc (Usually MC post such a data about games/systems in a few days after regular weekly charts). For example, PS Vita Ice Cilver sold 15K last week (Sony shipped 30K).

I hope so. It would be interesting to know how much is selling this version.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I can't see it doing anything for the system. I wouldn't be surprised if it lost sales. I will be buying this game if it comes to america but I will be in the minority. I don't see this doing well even in Japan.

It'll have the same impact Dragon Quest Swords had on Wii sales.

Meret said:
IsawYoshi said:

Hopefully the bundle might do something, but looking at MH3 I can't say I'm sure.

? MH played its role during launch week of Wii U. There's reports about bundle sold out and its not selling anymore in many stores like regular bundles.

Also, it's a third version of MH3 (Wii, 3DS, WiiU). Everbody tired of MH3 already (I'm even not counting 3rd and 3rd HD games was released on Sony platforms). But even so, It sold 200K on Wii U (not counting digital sales from eShop) with userbase of 800K users, and Capcom said its a "hit". For example, MH 3rd HD sold 500K on PS3 with userbase of 6,5 -7 million.

I am fully aware of that, but you can still see a similarity. You also need to remember that this is an MMO.

Not much tbh. Preorders are already law, and I don't think there are more people who want the game who don't already own the first one.