By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

vita sales in japan, not to shabby. In NA very weak numbers.. very much needs that price cut.

3ds NA numbers could be alot better.

Wii U needs games.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network

Nice boost for Vita in Japan, WiiU is a disaster, needs some heavy hitters. Dead Space 3 isn't going to have any legs.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Vita exploded in JP, in US and Europe horrible sales. In US it got outsold by every system instead of psp...

Deyon said:

Dammit!! I posted in kresnik's thread -_-

PSvita outselling Wii U o.O That's gotta be a hard thing to swallow.

Imagine what would of happened if the PSVita outsold Xbox360.

PS3 is doing pretty good as usual.

soon to be outselling 360 as well.

GameAnalyser said:
Deyon said:

With what? JP alone? Vita's western sales are still horrible, we only see a spike in JP due to price-cut. Even if it would outsell x360 in one week it would be of no meaning to the west.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
GameAnalyser said:
Deyon said:

With what? JP alone? Vita's western sales are still horrible, we only see a spike in JP due to price-cut. Even if it would outsell x360 in one week it would be of no meaning to the west.

Staying tuned for the next week's global up and the weeks after. It managed to outsell Wii U now. Vita needed a price-cut in JP badly.

PS3 again dominant
Good Job - Keep that up.Should have been like that the whole Gen.
With the PS4 they won't make all the mistakes.

NintendoPie said:
bananaking21 said:
NintendoPie said:
What did Nintendo do to get Europe to buy the 3DS all of the sudden? Whatever it is, they need to do that with NA. the WiiU

adjusted that a bit

What's the Wii U? Some type of Wii peripheral?

its just an add on that haz no gamez

VGKing said:

Ok, first of all there isn't any game that sold 120k. There is a game that sold 90k though, it is some niche pervy type of game. System seller? AAA? NOPE.
The other notable release that week was Phantasy Star Online 2....a game that is available to download for free. The game sold 61k. This is probably the highest profile release for the Vita in months, but it's no Monster Hunter or Final Fantasy. I dont' know how high your expectations were for Vita, but mine were about 40k. 

So maybe you are the one who has these high expectations of a handheld that has been selling horribly for the past year. A price cut won't magically save the system. It needs a steady stream of games.(Which it is getting btw). Japan may be THE region for portable gaming, but it is being dominated by the 3DS. Again, if you were expecting Vita to outsell the 3DS(which just had Dragon Quest VII released a few weeks ago) you have your expectations way too high. Price may have been a barrier for Vita, but it still needs high profile games.  

Yes my expectations were low, but they're also realistic. Maybe that is because I've been disappointed every single week for the past year. The 3DS has Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Mario...etc. There is no way Vita can compete with that with a simple price cut. It will take a long time before the Vita's install base and game library is big enough for it to meet expectations from people like you. It will take years though, it wont' happen overnight. So yes, the fact that Vita got so close to 3DS sales this week is impressive in my eyes.

Youve already been told about the 120k, so thats out of the way. Anyway. The 90k alone puts it in the Top 10 Vita retail games in Japan. Its obviously a "big" game for them over there.

Pricecuts always bring a sales spike, followed by the legs after if games are releasing. If it gets games then the cut will be worth it, if not then this relatively small spike will be pointless. This cut/game combo isnt big. It isnt impressive. It got outsold by its main competitor by over 20% on the spike week. Your low expectations were strange. 40k? If it sold 40k on pricecut week with a Top 10 game, you may aswell have called it game over. 3DS Pricecut Week? It sold over 200,000 units with a game that sold less than the "niche, pervy" game. 3 Weeks later, with no new game, it dropped to 60k.

60k simply isnt impressive, its around the point of "okay".. 40k would have been laughable. Now tell me where that damage control was...

VGKing said:
bananaking21 said:

i just read the beginning of your post and i would just like to point out that it did infact sell 120K, 90K were retail and the rest were digital.

I didn't know. I only looked at Media Create chart. My point still stands though.

oh im not argueing with or against your point, i just thought i would tell you about the digital sales, that is all