By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Vita got a price drop in Japan, and still failed to pass the 3DS during its first week.

Usually there is a surge in sales following a price drop, and then either sales do well or decline rapidly. Which category will PSP Vita end up in?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
UncleScrooge said:
Everything is doomed! Doomed I say! Perfect time for dear uncle Scrooge to buy himself some gaming companies... which one will it be? The totally-doomed Sony? The newly doomed Nintendo? The soon to-be-doomed Microsoft? Oh who cares? I'm just gonna buy all of them! If the decline keeps up I may be able to purchase the whole industry with just my number one dime... except I won't. Because my number one dime is worth more than that. Obviously.

*Laughs*

OT: Vita increase in Japan looks promising.  A price cut everywhere else will make it the force this awesome device deserves to be.

pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:

Bad numbers all round, particularly from the newest 3 devices. 

YOY:

PS3: Down 47% Awful

360: Down 43%. Awful

wii: Down 71%. Dead 

3DS: Down 22%. Poor

PSV: Down 31%. Awful considering a big price cut in Japan. 

Ok, don't take into account that PSV just launched last week (looking at last year)

It is frankly kind of irrelevant  Unless there is a huge price cut globally it will get a lot worse again.... very soon.

Uhm...ok. Why isn't it? I'd say it's hugely relevant considering you justified the "Awful" with "considering a big price cut in Japan". Why don't you consider what happened last year but only this year?

YOY? No it won't. 

PSVita is only 31% down. That's great considering PSV just launched last week (looking at last year).

Plus, I dont know why you get upset by bis posts. He is Kowen. He isn't the smartest guy from the block. And he is one of the most biased users of the site.

Laurel Aitken said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:

Bad numbers all round, particularly from the newest 3 devices. 

YOY:

PS3: Down 47% Awful

360: Down 43%. Awful

wii: Down 71%. Dead 

3DS: Down 22%. Poor

PSV: Down 31%. Awful considering a big price cut in Japan. 

Ok, don't take into account that PSV just launched last week (looking at last year)

It is frankly kind of irrelevant  Unless there is a huge price cut globally it will get a lot worse again.... very soon.

Uhm...ok. Why isn't it? I'd say it's hugely relevant considering you justified the "Awful" with "considering a big price cut in Japan". Why don't you consider what happened last year but only this year?

YOY? No it won't. 

PSVita is only 31% down. That's great considering PSV just launched last week (looking at last year).

Plus, I dont know why you get upset by bis posts. He is Kowen. He isn't the smartest guy from the block. And he is one of the most biased users of the site.

Plus, one should not look at the YOY of the ps3/360/wii.

These are console that are near the end of their product life cycle how is it bad?

Google "product life cycle".

Its like he expect the iphone 4 still needs to increase YOY so than its not 'awful'?

We really need the NPD numbers. I feel that the 3DS is pretty undertracked.

If Luigi releases and 3DS numbers barely changes something's wrong. No way Fire Emblem didn't get people to buy a 3DS.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

I'm sorry but the 3DS is umdertracked. Vita had a very nice boost, I don't understand why Sony didn't do a global price cut.

O_O psv and psp game in the global top 10

much needed price cut for vita,we are heading into the bleak months now,time to get your backlog out

Above & Beyond

7 Japanese games in the top 10. When was the last time that happened?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

They really seemed to have embraced Famitsu's numbers over Media.Create's this week. Normally VGChartz figures are somewhere in between the two.

There are some time I didn't show the EPIC GT5 numbers for you guys... so I will do that this week... in 3...2..