By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339

Currently working on Rath Soul armor set, 3/5 completed, need 2 Rathalos Rubies, 6 and half hours left until I get off work..... errrr........ Need to get that done so I can go HR6 already(I can now but I want my Rath Soul amor god dang it!) :-/

Around the Network
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:
Barroth. Also easier than Qurupeco

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

what weapon are you using? o_O;

Lance.

I recall having an intense amount of trouble with Peco the first time around, which is why all the trouble i had this time surprised me, especially since my skills from Tri are mostly retained (i did fine against Barroth, who i also really struggled with the first time in Tri)

@ famousringo: i was kind of afraid too (mostly because i remember having much more trouble piercing him with low-end weapons, but Thane Lance+ did just fine).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I've noticed that too some of the monsters seem...stronger. It must be me, but you can still kill them on the first try without even dying. The Lagiacrus still gets to me sometimes, but I hate underwater combat when it comes to the Bowgun.

Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

I may let slip, that you think Royal Ludroth is easier than Qurupeco. He really is easier underwater. But not Barroth. No. No, no, no, not barroth. Just no. Nooooo. You're wrong. Nope. Not.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mr Khan said:
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

Lance.

I recall having an intense amount of trouble with Peco the first time around, which is why all the trouble i had this time surprised me, especially since my skills from Tri are mostly retained (i did fine against Barroth, who i also really struggled with the first time in Tri)

@ famousringo: i was kind of afraid too (mostly because i remember having much more trouble piercing him with low-end weapons, but Thane Lance+ did just fine).

prolly just need to side step more instead of blocking.

Around the Network

Oh God, I need Bumplepumpkin.... t_t

Ghutto said:
Oh God, I need Bumplepumpkin.... t_t

ME to theres this mas that needs it omg its gonna be my shit. Gotta get level 4 or 5 rare trade from argosy though.

Mr Khan said:
dahuman said:
Mr Khan said:

Seriously. Fuck Qurupeco

Lance.

Well, Lance isn't the best choice for flying enemies. Too slow...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I love Arzuros by the way, I fight him if I want a casual hunt or need money but don't care which quest, because he is a lot of fun to fight.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

So I'm about 10 hours in. Doing 2 star quests now and god damn I love this game! I haven't been that hooked by a game in ages. And I mean ages as in "Ocarina of Time in 1998". The only other series that comes close to this is Pokémon.

So far I'm using Sword + Shield but the Dual Blades and Long Swords looked really good in the demo. Just captured Arzuros - is Arzuros armor good for low rank blade masters? Not sure which path to boost my weapons either. I have to do a 15 page paper for university and caught myself thinking about Monster Hunter weapons... poison or ice upgrade? Good lord this game is absorbing haha I'm *this* close to buying the Wii U version as well.