By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339
dahuman said:
Conegamer said:
dahuman said:

lol nobody on my friend list is playing it, I'm the only one in game, go figure :P

uploading intro to youtube ATM, will start live stream soon lol.

Souns good, be sure to link it!

still processing but 720p once finished.

I like the intro of Tri better, although ChaCha building sandcastles is awesome. Thanks for the video, I hope you show us some more. that will help to get over the time until we europeans get the game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

So is anyone actually going to be able to make the hunt tonight, or would it be better to be re-scheduled?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

spurgeonryan said:
Just saw this for sale at walmart! Still have not seen lego city there.......

Box art is great!

But you'll never get either game. You awful person. You're what's driving Nintendo into the ground! 

I was so looking forward into playing today, Oh yea does anyone kno if you can voice chat thrue the gamepad alone? (without headphones?

As I write this I'm in class lol. When I get home the first thing I have to do is add all you guys for the WiiU and 3DS, but I will still be on.

Around the Network
3nix said:
As I write this I'm in class lol. When I get home the first thing I have to do is add all you guys for the WiiU and 3DS, but I will still be on.

It's tricky to get the time zone changes nailed down, I think this could be quite the problem.

I mean, it's gone midnight over here!

Conegamer said:
3nix said:

It's tricky to get the time zone changes nailed down, I think this could be quite the problem.

I mean, it's gone midnight over here!

oh crap really? I'm getting back on in a few minutes though i doubt anybody but enix will be on once I start playing multiplayer tonight. wanna get one upgrade before I get online. if anybody is gonna be on though tell me if not we can do it tomorrow. 

We need a timetable on the frontpage or something....

Anyways I still need to grind up so i'll be doing that. Great Jaggi here I come.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Augen said:
*peeks in*

I am interested in the 3DS version. I downloaded the demo on the eSHop and...I think I am doing it wrong. I ran around, killed some monsters and found the big guy was supposed to get for the mission. So I begin fighting. I wail away on this monster a good 15 minutes. I have no bar to show if I am actually hurting him. I gave up eventually (about 25-30 minutes) because had no idea how to kill it. Is there a trick I am missing? Always thought this series looked fun, but wanted to better understand it before buying an entry.

If there's a beginner's or novice guide be appreciated.

Welcome to Monster Hunter.  The only thing you might be missing is damage modifiers: certain parts of the monster are more vulnerable than others, and are sensitive to different types of weapon damage (in the demo there are fire weapons and water weapons, etc. — not all are created equal).  Also, if you're using a melee weapon then it gets dull with use and eventually does less damage than normal (don't worry, it resets after every mission and later in the game you get access to ultra-sharp weapons which do bonus damage).  But basically yeah, your first time fighting a large monster will usually take longer than 30 minutes and often you'll miss the 50 minute time limit.  Then you learn how to stay on your feet more often or find a new opening in his attack patterns, and you claw your way to victory so you can get better equipment, and countless hours later you can do the same guy in 10-15 minutes.  Welcome to Monster Hunter.

It's worth noting the demo is essentially the same as the Japanese one released in December 2011, which was probably targeted at more experienced hunters.  I remember having trouble clearing the Jade Barroth in the MHF3 demo in time.

Anyway, just picked up the 3DS version a few hours ago (last copy I think!).  Took a few errands but finally I have quests available.  Soon Great Jaggi will taste my stock Iron Katana :-/.

Mnementh said:
dahuman said:
Conegamer said:
dahuman said:

lol nobody on my friend list is playing it, I'm the only one in game, go figure :P

uploading intro to youtube ATM, will start live stream soon lol.

Souns good, be sure to link it!

still processing but 720p once finished.

I like the intro of Tri better, although ChaCha building sandcastles is awesome. Thanks for the video, I hope you show us some more. that will help to get over the time until we europeans get the game.

my first 2 and half hours

Watch live video from Totally Random on TwitchTV