By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339

Don't forget to use traps. They come in handy a lot when fighting large monsters.

Around the Network

6072MB after install ^^b

Augen said:
Conegamer said:
Augen said:
*peeks in*

I am interested in the 3DS version. I downloaded the demo on the eSHop and...I think I am doing it wrong. I ran around, killed some monsters and found the big guy was supposed to get for the mission. So I begin fighting. I wail away on this monster a good 15 minutes. I have no bar to show if I am actually hurting him. I gave up eventually (about 25-30 minutes) because had no idea how to kill it. Is there a trick I am missing? Always thought this series looked fun, but wanted to better understand it before buying an entry.

If there's a beginner's or novice guide be appreciated.

No trick, there simply isn't any life bar or anything. Just keep on attacking to lower its health (go for the Ice-bunny thing) and eventually you should see it getting tired. It's ears will fall down and as such it will lose balance when it charges, for example. The most common sign of a monster being near-death is it limping, however. When that happens you're mere seconds away from victory!

Yeah, the ice bunny.  So, it is normal to take a half hour to kill him then?   Is this a game can play with others?  I think that would help me a lot.

Yes and yes.

The game itself starts off a bit more newbie-friendly than the demo. You start with getting stuff for the village, easy quests with finding mushrooms and so on first and so on. Then your first small monsters, that is also much easier than fighting a big one like the bunny. That helps that you get used to the weapon of choice (everyone plays extremely different). The small monsters actually die after a few hits, they don't need 10-30 minutes like the big ones.

And then you start with big monsters. That is the real core of the game in the long run, but starting the game you have first easier jobs to do.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

lol nobody on my friend list is playing it, I'm the only one in game, go figure :P

uploading intro to youtube ATM, will start live stream soon lol.

dahuman said:
6072MB after install ^^b

Thats how much space you have left? I didn't think it was installing the game when I started as it went so quick. Just thought it was a day one patch. 

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
dahuman said:
6072MB after install ^^b

Thats how much space you have left? I didn't think it was installing the game when I started as it went so quick. Just thought it was a day one patch. 

no... that's how big the game is lol, I have a 500GB HDD to it, and there was a patch yes, didn't check the size on that one yet.

ps: patch is 136MB, downloaded pretty fast, save data is 11MB

dahuman said:

lol nobody on my friend list is playing it, I'm the only one in game, go figure :P

Souns good, be sure to link it!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

so i started. control are harddddd.

8 CET eh i'll be there. need to start adding people

Nvm. i'll joinh th other one. I can't covert timezones well yet.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I can't make the hunt tonight since I am going over to a friends apt, but I should be free for the rest of the week. I kind of like to get my character going a little before diving online. MH3 (Wii) I just used the nunchuck+wiimote (never felt comfortable playing with CC/CCP) controls so the gamepad is taking just a little to get used to.  The only thing I can say is that I really want a switch axe weapon asap!

Conegamer said:
dahuman said:

Souns good, be sure to link it!

still processing but 720p once finished.