By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Japan president: PS Vita sales have increased four-fold

but those are amazing numbers for Vita

congratulations

don't be negative guys!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

less then 75k is a flop if you ask me. they are just moving stock 44k does not make a massive difference from a profit point of you.

Switch!!!

guys.. we have had reports it sold out.. so clearly it supply constraint...

there I said it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

well, I think he is talking about shipments. So if they ship normally 20k, now it would be like 80k, and all is sold out at the stores :)

fedfed said:
less then 75k is a flop if you ask me. they are just moving stock 44k does not make a massive difference from a profit point of you.

The 3DS sold 21,416 in America and 32,454 in Europe last week, so I assume the 3DS is a bigger flop in those countries?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
well, I think he is talking about shipments. So if they ship normally 20k, now it would be like 80k, and all is sold out at the stores :)

Very true, we must assume these figures are indeed shipment. Disregarding all that came before this I still expect around 70k, as I predicted here.

These numbers just seem too low.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

GribbleGrunger said:
fedfed said:

The 3DS sold 21,416 in America and 32,454 in Europe last week, so I assume the 3DS is a bigger flop in those countries?

I'd imagine he means because the Vita had a $50 and a $100 price cut with a number of pretty big games. Below 75k is not a flop, it's probably too high for more people to even consider. There's no denying the 3DS is struggling in the West (though Europe isn't a country ) but let's not bring that up here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's still a good sign

Not particularly. As was mentioned in the other thread, anything under 50k would be a bit of a disaster really, especially FW. Let's just hope it's wrong.

Except very few people actually expect 50k. I don't think it will and I don't see how people think it will.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Conegamer said:
Heavenly_King said:

Very true, we must assume these figures are indeed shipment. Disregarding all that came before this I still expect around 70k, as I predicted here.

These numbers just seem too low.

Yeah.  And lets remember that all gaming companies always talk about shipment figures, so why would they change now? XD

Conegamer said:
veritaz said:
What is wrong with some you? It's like you are trying any excuse to put down the vita once and for all. 44k in just japan is great for a system with only a $50 price cut.

Didn't the 3G model get a $100 cut, though? I think so.

And with all the games released this week, it's somewhat disappointing (merely looking at what other price cuts have done for other systems). It's an improvement, yes, and if it can maintain these sales then that's good. But I, as well as many other people, expected more.

But the 3g is for all intents and purposes being phased out. It's like comparing the premium and normal Wii U bundles, the normal bundle accounts for a miniscule % of sales.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.