By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Japan president: PS Vita sales have increased four-fold

Conegamer said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's still a good sign

Not particularly. As was mentioned in the other thread, anything under 50k would be a bit of a disaster really, especially FW. Let's just hope it's wrong.

Its depends on the shipments for the month aswell. I highly doubt there are 100k+ Vita's lying around in japanese stores.

Around the Network

Damn. These are horrible results to be honest; however, if they maintain these numbers through March with the release of Soul Sacrifice and so on, it will be very good.

veritaz said:
What is wrong with some you? It's like you are trying any excuse to put down the vita once and for all. 44k in just japan is great for a system with only a $50 price cut.

Didn't the 3G model get a $100 cut, though? I think so.

And with all the games released this week, it's somewhat disappointing (merely looking at what other price cuts have done for other systems). It's an improvement, yes, and if it can maintain these sales then that's good. But I, as well as many other people, expected more.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

SCEJ CEO is getting his 4x from Famitsu's head and the original Famitsu wording was convoluted. Last two weeks would be 19k x 4 = 76k

two weeks ago vita numbers were 8k so it could be 32K (which of course is a number not worth mentioning) but I guess well find out Wednesday.

Sony would only have shipment numbers, sell through numbers would come from one of the big media outlets such as media create or Famitsu

Conegamer said:
veritaz said:
What is wrong with some you? It's like you are trying any excuse to put down the vita once and for all. 44k in just japan is great for a system with only a $50 price cut.

And with all the games released this week, it's somewhat disappointing (merely looking at what other price cuts have done for other systems). It's an improvement, yes, and if it can maintain these sales then that's good. But I, as well as many other people, expected more.

Yes but that's 3g which no one buys anyways. Idk what people were expecting from a price cut, 4x more sales is great expecting more like 10x is crazy. Once every other country gets a price cut too the system will be selling well.

Around the Network

Jesus. And Nintendo fans wonder why people give the Wiiu so much stick. You reap what you sow.

The PS5 Exists. 

Nintendo fans: These #'s still suck

Sony fans: These #'s are great

Truth: These #'s do suck...at least it got a boost though.

Am I the only one who does not think this boost in sales happened because of the Price cut ?

I think it has more to do with the games released this week for PSV.

veritaz said:
Conegamer said:
veritaz said:

Yes but that's 3g which no one buys anyways. Idk what people were expecting from a price cut, 4x more sales is great expecting more like 10x is crazy. Once every other country gets a price cut too the system will be selling well.

Well, the WiFi model is being discontinued apparantly so it's more a stock rush than anything, so I'd imagine most sales would come from the 3G model now it's the same price. And I agree, it'll be selling better when the other countries get a price cut.

I should add I wish to take nothing away from these sales, it's a marked improvement. It's just...if it can 'only' increase by 30k with the number of high-profile games released and the price cut, then it doesn't bode particularly well. No hate here, I enjoy my Vita, but still...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Weird. I expected better salles than this...